BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Scott Sutter

Neal

dont know anything about this lad but think it is an exiting signing. Hes quite young, got some cl experience (which means he's been tested against good players).

Switzerland has been one of the best of the smaller football nations in europe last ten years when it comes to developing young players, we're probably taking a financially low risk here.

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

We need a recognised RB though. Lowe is playing out of position and we can't rely on Henley just yet. One injury to either and we'd have no cover at RB. If Petrovic can continue to impress in CM then Lowe would be a decent option to cover both RB and DM is we bring Sutter in.

Henley is almost there, A few games and we have both a right and left back of quality!!

If you're referring to Henley as a left back then i'm sure he's right footed.

I don't know if it's true but I heard he prefers playing on the left, despite being right footed.

Unsubstantiated, but I remember the source seeming quite solid at the time.

Could be a false memory though.

Olsson should play in that left back slot, he has shown in the last few games that he is more than good enough for that role.

Disagree. Was his fault for the Duff goal against Fulham. He's wasted at left back in my opinion.

I don't know if it's true but I heard he prefers playing on the left, despite being right footed.

Unsubstantiated, but I remember the source seeming quite solid at the time.

Could be a false memory though.

on football manager hes always been predominantly a left back if thats any use.

hey... its a source alright? its a poor source but its a source nonetheless!

id rather we give henley a few more games in his natural position which is rb. then move lowe in midfield and see how he does in his natural position.

any money spare should be going on a ball winning midfielder

Henley is a great talent and will win his regular starting place later. He is only 17 now and we are playing against relegation. It´s the only correct desicion to bring new RB in. Henley can still play games if he proves to be better choice. Henley will be the first choice and one of the best in the league soon enough. I just hope he plays for Rovers then.

My question is where's Bruno? Is he still "adapting"?

Ressies got their first win of the season when they finally dropped Bruno for the Liverpool-game.. so fringes of the ressies might be where he's at. Luckily he still has 2½ + the option year to adapt.

i was also thinking(hoping!) he could be in the lucas neil mould of rb, bye the way wtf happened to neil, with us he was one of the best defensive right backs in the prem easily, will players never realise the grass is very rarely greener!

id imagine sutters fitness/strength would need working on though as their was a long winter break in swiss league i think, cant see him being put straight in starting 11.

Neill left Galatasaray last August to join Al Jazira in the United Arab Emirates on a 1-year contract,according to Wiki, Elvis.

I know what you mean when you put "will players never realise about the grass is very rarely greener?"; but I guess that Neill was an earlier example of maximising his income in a comparatively short playing career. Which of us could say that we wouldn't do similar, if we were in his boots?

Mind you, there are [at least!] two ways of going about it - to quote [selectively!] again from Wiki:

Neill was well regarded by Blackburn Rovers supporters largely due to his never-say-die, determined attitude.

Neill, once a cult hero at Blackburn left under something of a storm and is now extremely unpopular amongst Blackburn fans. ... Neill was accused of his primary motivating factor being money, but he later refuted these claims, stating the move was for purely footballing reasons.

I can't help wondering if he's joined Al Jazira "for purely footballing reasons"?! ;)

Seems to have had quite a few knock backs as a player but has shown determination by making it abroad (to an extent). I'm not going to lie and say I've seen loads of him but he got stuck in well against Spurs last season and had the right attitude. With quite literally no money these are the kind of punts that we have to take.

Get the feeling though that Lowe will move into midfield with this fella coming in at right back, meaning we won't be getting anyone else in the problematic central midfield area. Just a feeling.

Lowe has done ok and Henley also. We have no clean sheet since last April so more experienced right back is welcome. Hope he has enough pace and fighter spirit. I understood he hasn´t much to offer for attack but what we really do need is more solid defending. Waiting for a official word.

Cryer has heard from the agent it´s a trial. Bruno got a deal from trial. Fair deal to see him training first but makes you wonder has any scout even seen him in action.

Cryer has heard from the agent it´s a trial. Bruno got a deal from trial. Fair deal to see him training first but makes you wonder has any scout even seen him in action.

I was going to say a trial offers me some reassurance as we can work out if he's a dud before signing.

Then I read your point about Ribeiro and realised, if he can get a 3 year contract after a trial, then the trial itself is utterly worthless.

I was going to say a trial offers me some reassurance as we can work out if he's a dud before signing.

Then I read your point about Ribeiro and realised, if he can get a 3 year contract after a trial, then the trial itself is utterly worthless.

We didn't have an experienced assistant manager, then.

That's all I got.

Lowe has done ok and Henley also. We have no clean sheet since last April so more experienced right back is welcome. Hope he has enough pace and fighter spirit. I understood he hasn´t much to offer for attack but what we really do need is more solid defending. Waiting for a official word.

The reason we don't keep clean sheets has nothing to do with the back four. They get NO protection from the 6 guys in front of them.

IMO, this guy is being messed about.

I honestly think that Rovers have him there just in case they can't do any better with Fulham's Baird rumoured to be the preferred choice.

Appalling treatment, IMV, and if I was Sutter, I'd be telling Rovers to do one.

IMO, this guy is being messed about.

I honestly think that Rovers have him there just in case they can't do any better with Fulham's Baird rumoured to be the preferred choice.

Appalling treatment, IMV, and if I was Sutter, I'd be telling Rovers to do one.

I reckon that He will sign for us tomorrow.

Archived