BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Scott Sutter

Neal

IMO, this guy is being messed about.

I honestly think that Rovers have him there just in case they can't do any better with Fulham's Baird rumoured to be the preferred choice.

Appalling treatment, IMV, and if I was Sutter, I'd be telling Rovers to do one.

He's on trial at a Premier League club from a team in the Swiss League. I assume he's just eager to impress.

I bet you weren't making this nonsense up when Samba and Nelsen came over on trial.

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I reckon that Caceres and Maybe Chris Baird will sign. Baird can play anywhere in the back 4 and central Midfield.

Fulham don't want to sell Baird apparently but I would prefer him. Caceres would be top draw signing and I think would be brilliant for us. We need a striker, Johnson I still think would do a job for us, him or Maynard but my gut tells me that we wont get another striker now, which is a shame but full back and a ball winning midfielder is needed. Caceres is being mentioned alot by people who tend to get it right and I think he would do us good.

More likely an issue of finances. Orr on a free or Sutter for a fee.

I think you are right. I think I'm not far off in saying that Sutter was dependent on an "underperforming" big wage earner be offloaded, such as Grella, Salgado, Andrews, or even Samba. It looks as though Rovers deemed it not likely that any or enough of these players would be offloaded to afford Sutter wage. He is a full Swiss international after all.

Orr on the other hand doesn't command the same wage - but IMHO will actually be worse at right back than Lowe, but it does allow Lowe to be played in his more natural center of midfield, another position that we have no depth in at all right now.

I think you are right. I think I'm not far off in saying that Sutter was dependent on an "underperforming" big wage earner be offloaded, such as Grella, Salgado, Andrews, or even Samba. It looks as though Rovers deemed it not likely that any or enough of these players would be offloaded to afford Sutter wage. He is a full Swiss international after all.

Orr on the other hand doesn't command the same wage - but IMHO will actually be worse at right back than Lowe, but it does allow Lowe to be played in his more natural center of midfield, another position that we have no depth in at all right now.

I think it would be highly suprising if Orr cost less than Sutter. The Championship will pay significantly higher wages than the top Swiss league imo.

Might just come down to Orr being a better player in the manager's eyes.

yes we all know kean is a good judge of players, NOT!!!

To be fair to Kean while they have taken time to settle most of the signings look capable. Only the etheral Anderson and Bruno have looked pointless. Formica, Rochina, Goodwillie, Petrovic, Yakubu, Dann all seem decent enough. Certainly no worse than Allardyce's signings.

That is true. You can be critical of Kean for most things, but so far his transfer dealings have been fairly good. How much he has to do with those signings in another question, but over the last year we have got most things right. There have yet to be any real stunners of the Samba or Bentley calibre, but it's been pretty good.

To be fair to Kean while they have taken time to settle most of the signings look capable. Only the etheral Anderson and Bruno have looked pointless. Formica, Rochina, Goodwillie, Petrovic, Yakubu, Dann all seem decent enough. Certainly no worse than Allardyce's signings.

Givet, Nzonzi, E. Diouf. All of them made a quick impact. Apart from Yakubu, most of Kean's signings have either been anonymous or only just showing some worth. Whether that's down to the manager or the players themselves, I'm not sure. Not to mention Allardyce had less money available than Kean.

I will agre with the Yak !! The rest are championship players at best, not in the same league as Givet , EHD and Nzonzi ....

Ask yourself why are we in the bottom 3 ???

Kean didn't sign Formica and Rochina (plus Jones and Santa Cruz for that matter). It's been stated on several occasions by different people, including Kean himself. He was the manager at the time they were brought to the club, but he didn't choose to buy them.

That leaves Dann, Yakubu, Petrovic, Vukcevic, Goodwillie, Ribeiro, Anderson, Slew...now plus Orr, Olsson and Modeste.

It's a sorry bunch to be honest. Only Yakubu can count himself as a regular starter. Dann and Petrovic are improving but not there yet.

I actually believe Vukcevic has a lot to offer. But for some reason he doesn't do it for Kean.

I also think Rochina could develop into a real player with the right manager.

I'm shocked Rochina hasn't been moved on. I rate him as an attacking threat but he keeps getting hauled off after 50 odd mins and not even played as an impact substitute. For some reason Kean doesn't seem to want to play him.

I'm shocked Rochina hasn't been moved on. I rate him as an attacking threat but he keeps getting hauled off after 50 odd mins and not even played as an impact substitute. For some reason Kean doesn't seem to want to play him.

I can see why. He has loads of talent but we need players who conform to the system and graft. Dunn and Formica are better fits for the 4411 we play.

I will agre with the Yak !! The rest are championship players at best, not in the same league as Givet , EHD and Nzonzi ....

Ask yourself why are we in the bottom 3 ???

Because the organisation has been terrible and we have too few experienced players.

Now Pet, Lowe, Goodwillie are getting up to speed we look alright.

If we had signed J Jones in the summer it could have been a very different story

Archived