BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] FA Youth Cup Semi

folkdevil

Sooo.... is anyone televising this? Rovers TV? I see there is commentary but I was wondering if the highlights will be available?

Also - there can't be many places better to be an academy player than Rovers at the moment? Lots of quality coming through, lots of chances in the first team to be had, good facilities. Great marketing if when competing for players locally. Coco might be a rubbish tactician and a liar but the nurturing of young talent has been superb.

• Replies 771
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Awwww, so you just thought you'd post something untrue on the board merely to add to the negativity, even though you new it was BS. Beautiful.

Mine is that I am working this evening so I'm not free. I apologise profusely.

Work at night .. I reckon on clayton st.

Working now too. Explained why I'm working tonight in another thread a few minutes back.

Was it not you who was struck down by a mystery virus prior to the Sunderland game ? Work tonight, and your excuse for missing Bolton is ? :rolleyes:

Was it no you who was struck down by a mystery virus prior to the Sunderland game ? Work tonight, and your excuse for missing Bolton is ? :rolleyes:

Yes, it was. I'm not overly bothered about missing this game as it's a youth team game and my boss needs the help. As for the Bolton game, for one it's away and secondly I'll be going on holiday to meet my girlfriends parents. Had it been a home game I'd have looked into booking it for a different date but I needed it to be at Easter and away from home games. As a season ticket holder for almost twenty years who's only missed a handful of home games I'm not shying away from supporting my team lightly. If anything, now would be the idal time to go and I'm quite gutted i've not been able to witness the last two games.

Abbey, you were the one speculating...

as im a fan from abroad, i know absolutely nothing about the young lads, who´ve managed to get this far the competition. Perhaps a friendly person on here could tell us/me abit about this youth team and some of the young prospects, who are worth keeping an eye on.

how big of an accomplishment is it, for the club to be in the semi´s in this tournament.?

thanks in advance.

as im a fan from abroad, i know absolutely nothing about the young lads, who´ve managed to get this far the competition. Perhaps a friendly person on here could tell us/me abit about this youth team and some of the young prospects, who are worth keeping an eye on.

thanks in advance.

I'd be interested in this too as the last time I saw them was during the cup run of 2010 for about three matches.

Yes, it was. I'm not overly bothered about missing this game as it's a youth team game and my boss needs the help. As for the Bolton game, for one it's away and secondly I'll be going on holiday to meet my girlfriends parents. Had it been a home game I'd have looked into booking it for a different date but I needed it to be at Easter and away from home games. As a season ticket holder for almost twenty years who's only missed a handful of home games I'm not shying away from supporting my team lightly. If anything, now would be the idal time to go and I'm quite gutted i've not been able to witness the last two games.

Abbey, you were the one speculating...

Your profile says you are 23 - so you have had a season ticket since you were a 3 year old toddler !?!?!?!

Your profile says you are 23 - so you have had a season ticket since you were a 3 year old toddler !?!?!?!

Since I was five. Hence almost twenty years.

My first game was the play off final at Wembley, mind.

Anyone fancy giving us a run down on who the movers and shakers in the Youth team are? And an opinion (for what it is worth) whether they will ever turn out for the first team?

The two obvious ones to keep eyes on are Hugo Fernandes and Robbie Cotton. Both have alot of ability. Hugo especially this season has come on loads and has been the key player through the previous rounds of the cup.

Potentially i think they both have a future but who knows, we've seen it before with players who look amazing at youth level then fade out all of a sudden. Also Robbie Cotton needs to keep his head on... ive heard he's abit of a live wire and loses his head quite abit!

The two obvious ones to keep eyes on are Hugo Fernandes and Robbie Cotton. Both have alot of ability. Hugo especially this season has come on loads and has been the key player through the previous rounds of the cup.

Potentially i think they both have a future but who knows, we've seen it before with players who look amazing at youth level then fade out all of a sudden. Also Robbie Cotton needs to keep his head on... ive heard he's abit of a live wire and loses his head quite abit!

Is Cotton the player that was labelled the next Steven Gerrard by our coach?

Yes, the lads under lots of pressure as it is... how he thought releasing that rediculas statement would help him i do not know!

I've heard rumours that the comment may have gone to his head a bit, not surprising really if it's indeed true. Let's hope he manages to fulfil his potential unlike the next Wayne Rooney or the next Gabriel Batistuta.

I see the game will be on Radio Lancs, will be giving it a listen for sure.

Archived