BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] FA Youth Cup Semi

folkdevil

Its a family affair over in dingleland I am led to believe.

The trolls wont come in the numbers they say and in any case who cares what they think, they are the chumpionship outfit and our youth team are going to carry on the age old tradition of walloping the dingles.

Now then, just how many years is it ?

• Replies 771
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Apparently the Dingles are saying they have sold 2000+? And that we have only sold 200 for their place? They love to exaggerate but sounds poor.

Could be true. the away tie is next week so no urgency yet. I'm planning to go myself but didn't have anyone to go with as the people I'd usually go with have other things on already that night. However, now I've found someone else who wants to go but have a week to get tickets so no rush.

It isn't a fair comparison, they LIVE for playing us.

'I don't mind if we get beat fiyve nil every week in the Prem, as long as we beat them lot over theyer'.

'we'll show them what passion is', aye, like in the PL season when we outsung them home and away.

Eeee I've missed them :rolleyes:

we need as many fans as possible there tomorrow! Nothing going to be more embarrassing than more dingles than rovers fans! Those who dont agree with the kean and venkys system and have stayed away all season, come back and support these young lads just for these 2 games.

We have a great set of young lads at the moment, possibly the best ever! They need our support!

According to club 2200 sold as of 2 hours ago, decent turn out and should be a big crowd for the youngsters to play in front off. Attendance for the return leg is very likely to be decided by how much of a tonking your Premier League Academy hand out to our rag tag bag of misfits I guess.

Nah, I'm just a realist. I may not like the situation, may not enjoy it but you have to be realistic about these things. We've done well, had some decent results but every round is a step up. Bearing in mind somebody on this thread suggested this team may be your best ever then we must be massive underdogs. I know you guys always go 'oh yeah here comes the money rubbish' but there's no getting away from it, your academy has more spent on it every year than our youth has in a decade, hell your academy budget is probably about 30/40% of our first team wage budget

Luckily this game is not life or death for me, win or lose I just hope we might have a player, hell 2, who can come through to the first team - oh and that we enjoy it. Of course it would be nice to get to the final though

I'm not sure if I agree they are our best, though I confess to not knowing a great deal about our current crop of youngsters as I've been so focussed on the first team. Count yourselves lucky you aren't up against Jones, Lowe and Handley.

No it isn't - and the shame is those in power don't realise that - if they did they wouldn't keep measuring kids against charts and deciding they aren't good enough because they don't measure up.

Not sure what your youth program has produced in the last decade or so in terms of first team 'proper' players but ours has produced 4 that I can think of - 2 of which joined from Ireland at 16 I think. Hardly prolific is it but probably about average at our level.

I'm not sure if I agree they are our best, though I confess to not knowing a great deal about our current crop of youngsters as I've been so focussed on the first team. Count yourselves lucky you aren't up against Jones, Lowe and Handley.

Fair enough, like I say that was just a comment I picked up on this thread.

No it isn't - and the shame is those in power don't realise that - if they did they wouldn't keep measuring kids against charts and deciding they aren't good enough because they don't measure up.

Not sure what your youth program has produced in the last decade or so in terms of first team 'proper' players but ours has produced 4 that I can think of - 2 of which joined from Ireland at 16 I think. Hardly prolific is it but probably about average at our level.

Fair enough, like I say that was just a comment I picked up on this thread.

We aren't that far ahead in terms of players produced, prior to Jones et al it was barren for years. Burnley U18's are decent, pacey, strong and play football, they've done well in the CofE league this year. It won't be an easy match but Rovers are strong this year as well and provided we start well I'm expecting a Rovers win over the two legs.

I guess one thing for sure, neither set of lads will have played in anything like the atmosphere they will get on these games. Seems likely there will over 6000 for the first leg and I hear we've already sold about 3500 for the home leg so hopefully a similar figure at the turf. Will be good experience for them - and might help the team that does win through in the final against those big city boys of Chelsea and Man Utd.

Just looked up the team from when we last reached the fa youth cup in 2000.

The team was Ryan Robinson, Daniel stone, Darren hockenhull, Robert woodhead, Michael Cole, Liam blakeman, jerome watt, Neil danns, Alan Morgan, Ryan hevicon, John Walters, ciaran Donnelly, Andrew bell.

So it would seem that other than Walters (stoke) and to a lesser extent danns (Leicester) not many have gone onto professional senior football. Maybe the top lads are spotted early and go straight through to the first team squad.

Either way lets hope this lot get a taste for the 30 odd year tradition of beating the Dingles and go onto great things.

Just looked up the team from when we last reached the fa youth cup in 2000.

The team was Ryan Robinson, Daniel stone, Darren hockenhull, Robert woodhead, Michael Cole, Liam blakeman, jerome watt, Neil danns, Alan Morgan, Ryan hevicon, John Walters, ciaran Donnelly, Andrew bell.

So it would seem that other than Walters (stoke) and to a lesser extent danns (Leicester) not many have gone onto professional senior football. Maybe the top lads are spotted early and go straight through to the first team squad.

Either way lets hope this lot get a taste for the 30 odd year tradition of beating the Dingles and go onto great things.

At the end of the day the winners will the club that gets as many of these players through to 1st team players. Rovers academy has under performed for most of its lifespan, so it is encouraging to see more academy lads in the first team squad. I do wonder if this is related to bobby downed moving on, and hope that it's top asset isn't the guy who left earlier in the season for Newcastle. Got tickets for both legs, hope the atmosphere is good and supportive of the lads and doesn't spill into aggressiveness in the crowd.

Have just been to the ticket office to get an extra ticket for the United game (can't go tomorrow). As of an hour ago Burnley are bringing c2,000 and Rovers have sold c5,000. Tickets were still selling steadily so expect those numbers to go up a bit more.

Not that many tickets left for BBE lower,seem to be more to the outer parts,Jack walker lower virtually sold out.

Expect a very decent 8-9,000 crowd on the night.

Called in to collect some tickets and disappointingly found that only 1 small segment of Jack Walker Lower was made available and sold out. Not many seats left in BBE Lower and I asked if any other areas of ground would be opened and told no, only BBE Upper if Lower sold out.

Another p1ss poor effort by Rovers as quite simply those used to sitting in the wings (JW & Riverside) do not want to go in the BBE.

How not to please your customers Rovers - no excuses but a feckin disgrace.

Was looking to take some hospitality for a forthcoming home game but they can shove it.

Called in to collect some tickets and disappointingly found that only 1 small segment of Jack Walker Lower was made available and sold out. Not many seats left in BBE Lower and I asked if any other areas of ground would be opened and told no, only BBE Upper if Lower sold out.

Another p1ss poor effort by Rovers as quite simply those used to sitting in the wings (JW & Riverside) do not want to go in the BBE.

How not to please your customers Rovers - no excuses but a feckin disgrace.

Was looking to take some hospitality for a forthcoming home game but they can shove it.

What a marvellous over-reaction.

Archived