BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] FA Youth Cup Semi

folkdevil

• Backroom

I've decided not to go, good luck to our lads hope we stuff them but felt it a bit hypocritical of me to go just because it's Burnley when the chance has been there to go and support the lads in earlier rounds and I chose not to

• Replies 771
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Such anger issues. I'm sure most would expect you to realise you missed out on your preferred seats, buy a ticket and pipe down, then cheer the lads on come the game.

You know, that thing that fans do.

So as you are not going does this mean that you don't classify yourself as a fan? ;)

I've decided not to go, good luck to our lads hope we stuff them but felt it a bit hypocritical of me to go just because it's Burnley when the chance has been there to go and support the lads in earlier rounds and I chose not to

Tom that's a silly reason not to go. Your choice obviously, but you a Rovers fan and it's the semifinal of the youth cup, its not hypocritical in any way to go support the team.

Mercerman, you've posted on the season ticket thread that after this season you're not going to spend another penny with Rovers until Kean and Venkys are gone. So why are you getting so worked up about not getting exactly what you wanted tomorrow night? If you are that disinterested surely you would just be shrugging your shoulders?

Well, firstly it wont cost me a penny tomorrow night and secondly, there is probably a greater honesty about the youth set-up at Ewood that I prefer.

You also miss the point - as I've said earlier, this is a semi-final and the club's approach, IMO, is wrong. They have given no thought to those who sit in either Riverside / JW and don't want to sit behind the goal.

All they needed to do was open-up the Blackburn End side of JW both Upper & Lower.

Feckin hell, it's not rocket science.

Bearing in mind all these cost cutting measures that are in place maybe the football club are trying to minimise the loss they will make on the night by only opening up certain areas until all tickets are sold.

I could be completely wrong but if we opened up extra/all areas to home fans then we would have to supply extra stewards and catering to these areas which would be an extra outgoing that the club would probably want to do without. Yes i know we are a Premier League club but we seem to be penny pinching at every chance we get and bearing in mind that the cost of admission is a fiver but season ticket holders have free admission then i cant see how as a football club we will make any money on this fixture hence my 1st paragraph

Just looked up the team from when we last reached the fa youth cup in 2000.

The team was Ryan Robinson, Daniel stone, Darren hockenhull, Robert woodhead, Michael Cole, Liam blakeman, jerome watt, Neil danns, Alan Morgan, Ryan hevicon, John Walters, ciaran Donnelly, Andrew bell.

So it would seem that other than Walters (stoke) and to a lesser extent danns (Leicester) not many have gone onto professional senior football. Maybe the top lads are spotted early and go straight through to the first team squad.

Either way lets hope this lot get a taste for the 30 odd year tradition of beating the Dingles and go onto great things.

Theres not much better from the Arsenal team that beat us either - Holloway; Bailey, Chorley, Sidwell, Svard, Garry, Volz, Ricketts, Itonga, Aliadiere, Thomas

Does anybody have the team from when we played Villa in 2002 in the semi ? I'm assuming its similar to the one above, but a few from Villa are still knocking around.

Team from last time we got to the semi in 2010

ROVERS: Swann, Ramm, Hanley ©, A. O'Connor, Morris, Lowe, Potts, Bowen, Evans, Hitchcock, Banton (sub Osawe 74 mins).

Not sure who's reason for not going is more daft, Tom's or Mercer's.

The lads will be delighted to see as many as possible, they aren't arsed about previous rounds.

And come on Mercer, we ain't all bad in the BBEnd (and bradders won't be there).

Not sure who's reason for not going is more daft, Tom's or Mercer's.

The lads will be delighted to see as many as possible, they aren't arsed about previous rounds.

And come on Mercer, we ain't all bad in the BBEnd (and bradders won't be there).

I'm there amd would have been delighted to meet Braddock !!!

So you've finished your tantrum, realised you were being silly and now decided to go?

I was always going when it became clear that I would not be away from home but hugely disappointed to sit in an area of the ground that I don't want to.

What's your excuse for not being there - homework ?

I was always going when it became clear that I would not be away from home but hugely disappointed to sit in an area of the ground that I don't want to.

What's your excuse for not being there - homework ?

Awwww, so you just thought you'd post something untrue on the board merely to add to the negativity, even though you new it was BS. Beautiful.

Mine is that I am working this evening so I'm not free. I apologise profusely.

Awwww, so you just thought you'd post something untrue on the board merely to add to the negativity, even though you new it was BS. Beautiful.

Mine is that I am working this evening so I'm not free. I apologise profusely.

You need to be very careful what you say !!!

You need to be very careful what you say !!!

Ahh, a misread on my front. I presumed with you blowing the whole thing out of proportion you'd not bothered to actually purchase the tickets given the tone of the post. My sincere apologies. I now presume you'll be taking your awfully placed seat to boo on the lads come tonight.

Archived