BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Dramatic opinion article in the LT

How come we're in the relegation pl

aces then?

Did you really ask that question ?

Of course I agree that we need to support the team...

However, what are we actually backing them for? So they can survive and we can do this again next season?

Realistically - even if we survive - crowds will drop next season, unless they sell up or drastically change their approach to running the club (getting jw back would be a good start)

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Backroom

I think tomorrows marches will see the biggest numbers yet, BRAG members have put a lot of time into promoting it in town centres and the like so the 'offline' fans will be more aware of it.

does anyone think that for the remaining home games the club should lower the ticket prices (and I mean really low like £1 kids & £5 adults) to entice all fans back to support the team and create a louder atmosphere?

Yes I 100% agree.

If they did that season ticket holders might not get value for their money but as a season ticket holder it wouldn't bother me at all.

Its been a crap season on and off the pitch but lets get the place rocking for the last few games.

Yes I 100% agree.

If they did that season ticket holders might not get value for their money but as a season ticket holder it wouldn't bother me at all.

Its been a crap season on and off the pitch but lets get the place rocking for the last few games.

I have a season ticket too mate and it wouldnt bother me as long as the ground was packed full of home fans

I've read the article, the LT is naive to think that fan power can overcome the limitations of the manager/squad and keep the club up. No doubt Kean will use this as positive spin in his press conference today and he will probably come out with comments that will further split the fanbase.

Its an absolute disaster of an article for the supporters of Blackburn Rovers. We are going to be slated for this when the fans fail to turn up to watch Keans muppets pretending to to be premiership footballers.

I think tomorrows marches will see the biggest numbers yet, BRAG members have put a lot of time into promoting it in town centres and the like so the 'offline' fans will be more aware of it.

I want to believe you but i just think the politics and squabbling and back stabbing and dirty washing we have seen this last couple of weeks will diminish the numbers.

For myself, after the last couple of weeks and slowly realising that protesting will bring no immediate change i was all set for not marching but the hatred that builds up for KEAN & VENKY's as I approach tomorrow may well lead to a change of heart!!

I have just been into Blackburn town centre and they are all stood on Church Street not doing a lot to be fair. It would be better if they where spread out around the centre instead of huddled in a group, as it would allow them to spread the message easier and not look intimidating.

• Backroom

I imagine the LT have been hugely embarrassed by their efforts in December being largely ignored. Their last "dramatic" front page had precisely zero impact on anything. However, as much as the fans enjoy a rousing chorus of "we love you Rovers we do" it isn't going to be enough to overcome the tactical limitations of our so-called manager. I'm not sure a "rallying call" is required.

Or have they forgotten what happened in December when the same call was put out? The fans responded, but the players didn't.

Relegation is unthinkable. If Rovers go down this season, don’t expect them to return any time soon. It will be the end of a golden era.

Ha. That era ended in November 2010.

Jeepers Creepers. Don't we have the lowest tickets in the PL? Should we just not bother with season tickets at all and just wait for the £5 games to come around?

Let's not pull at this thread! :wacko:

The telegraphs article is spot on, we need to get behind the team which will hopefully make a difference and encourage our players. It is the best way

to help out the entire club. If people want to march in protest no problem they have a right to vent their feelings as we all do.

And, of course, there is no contradiction between going on a protest march before the match and getting behind the team at the match. Just the opposite, in fact. Instead of trudging to the ground dreading the dire performance which awaits, going on a march beforehand to oppose the destruction of our club gets fans fired up to support the team even more vociferously.

At the last march I was on before the Fulham game, fans strode down the A666 to confront the forces of evil before attending a mass gathering outside the Darwen End where some bloke gave an impassioned little speech to rally the troops. He may not have been Martin Luther King but he did well and made the point that we go into the ground and get behind the team. As we won the match, I suppose you could claim that protests mean points !

So that's the LETs follow up to their December article. If these hadnt been 3 months apart then maybe it would have had more impact? I guarantee if this were the north east, there would have been articles more or less every day asking for answers from the club. Too little too late for me from the LET.

How about when they got to speak to Venny Rao asking for clarification on the guarantee Samba wouldn't be sold, questions relating to where that money has gone, and questions on how many other 1st team players aren't available to Kean such as Salgado, Nelson, Vucekvic etc...

The LET are playing at this.

Weird article for me. Still laying blame at Kean and Venky's, yet calling for the fans to get behind and roar the team on. After 15 months of absolute bullshit, I don't see how anyone can look forward to match days with the same passion we used to. I certainly can't see how Cryer and co can print this, knowing full well what's happened to the club and why. I'd love to go there and believe we can win, but as with every game recently I expect the worst. Anything else is a bonus. They've knocked the wind out of our sails, we did nothing wrong. They should be doing all they can for us.

Don't think its going to be this after all Venky's representative and Director of Blackburn Rovers Vineeth Rao thinks it is highly amusing to pose with Hitler and put it into the public Domain via his facebook page.

5032d.jpg

You really have got to question Venky's choice of appointment's and advisor's don't you.

p.s this is a genuine photograph, NOT photoshopped

Oh yeah and the Nazi's loved people with dark skin didn't they..what a clown.

does anyone think that for the remaining home games the club should lower the ticket prices (and I mean really low like £1 kids & £5 adults) to entice all fans back to support the team and create a louder atmosphere?

Yes I 100% agree.

Ive created a Twitpoll about lowering ticket prices, just to see what the general feel is

Poll For reducing ticket prices

Jeepers Creepers. Don't we have the lowest tickets in the PL? Should we just not bother with season tickets at all and just wait for the £5 games to come around?

Let's not pull at this thread! :wacko:

Indeed we do Stuart.... and this is the club it has been suggested comes up with 10000 supporters stumping up 10k each.

Indeed we do Stuart.... and this is the club it has been suggested comes up with 10000 supporters stumping up 10k each.

Not meant as a dig at anyone but I'm sure those people asking for the 10k per supporter would be horrified at the thought of £200 season tickets!

Weird article for me. Still laying blame at Kean and Venky's, yet calling for the fans to get behind and roar the team on. After 15 months of absolute bullshit, I don't see how anyone can look forward to match days with the same passion we used to. I certainly can't see how Cryer and co can print this, knowing full well what's happened to the club and why. I'd love to go there and believe we can win, but as with every game recently I expect the worst. Anything else is a bonus. They've knocked the wind out of our sails, we did nothing wrong. They should be doing all they can for us.

I think this is a genuine commercial decision by LT. I would like to see the advertising spend whilst they were anti-venkys....on top of that a less prosperous town, which bburn will be without a high profile club, means less advertising revenues across the whole customer base.....the LT is shittting it now we look like actually going down.

We have such low ticket prices. Our paid gates - if you control for where we are in league - are probably 40th or so in the country. If we're not prepared to dig deep and spend a few squid to support the side, how can we complain when our owners try to unload our big salaries.

I think this is a genuine commercial decision by LT. I would like to see the advertising spend whilst they were anti-venkys....on top of that a less prosperous town, which bburn will be without a high profile club, means less advertising revenues across the whole customer base.....the LT is shittting it now we look like actually going down.

Have you read the the article? If not, it said the LT still remains critical of Venkys and Kean and that both should still leave.

I just think the LT have agreed a truce because there is now NOTHING else that will happen until the Summer anyway. If the finances are as grim as is being reported, there is zero chance of a new manager or even a freebie coming in. I bet the season break when the players have traditionally jetted off to Dubai, to recharge ahead of the run-in will now not go ahead. Unless they move it to Marton Mere.

You have a pount though.The LT is probably more concerned about the impact of relegation in their readership (i.e. the Rovers supporting folk of Blackburn). I'd wager that the back page of the LT sells more copies than the front.

However, I just think it is finding new angles to sell papers when revelations are not forthcoming and info from the club will have dried up. I don't think it's anything to do with becoming less anti-Venkean though.

I was under impression that we have the lowest priced season tickets in the league, not match day tickets.

I'll bet we are still amongst the lowest.

It's still a moot point. If you start selling one-off match day tickets for a fiver you kill the season ticket.

Archived