BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Dramatic opinion article in the LT

Apparently there is going to be a “dramatic opinion piece” in tomorrows Lancashire Telegraph.

Anyone got any idea what it might be?

Calling for Venky's to go?

Edit: should also add it's going to be front page news so must be pretty big.

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If it's an opinion piece then it will be the papers opinion and not a statement from elsewhere.

Therefore it will either encourage everyone to protest on Saturday or tell everyone to stop protesting and get behind the team.

It will be a statement directly from BRFC, with I guess their opinion on everything including the protests.

Maybe. I was of the opinion it would be the LT making the comment rather than the club. Unless Mrs Day has been in touch which I very much doubt.

My feeling is that they will either be asking for Venky's to go or publicly backing the fans buyout idea.

If it's an opinion piece then it will be the papers opinion and not a statement from elsewhere.

Therefore it will either encourage everyone to protest on Saturday or tell everyone to stop protesting and get behind the team.

The LT will be on very dodgy ground if they ask people not to protest. They will alienate a lot of their readers. I wouldn't give that the go ahead if I was the editor of the LT.

To even think about bringing it up makes me sick to the stomach. Could it possibly be something to do with the article over the weekend to do with the firesale & financial problems?. The only other event that would make front page news is the hurried departures of Chris Samba & Ryan Nelsen & possible revelations there it's the only thing I can think of that would make front page news.

Almost certain that this will be a message directly from BRFC, calling for evryome to pit their differences to one side at a time when every supporter needs to be behind the club.

Whether that's enough of a story to justify the front page remains to be seen.

It will be something minor...

'Local scrote caught drink driving, blames aliens'.

'Local Pensioner forced out of own home by council, moves to North London'

'Local football manager survives apocalypse'.

'Local cockroach crushed by 500 letters'.

'Local supporters 'worse than Hitler''.

'500 ways to grow your hair'

'How to play your way to the top, 10 page special by Stevie 'Brownhoot' Kean'.

Almost certain that this will be a message directly from BRFC, calling for evryome to pit their differences to one side at a time when every supporter needs to be behind the club.

I doubt that would be front page news. The only thing from the club that would be front page is a message from Mrs D.

“Get behind the team“ is hardly front page news. Going by their last front page rovers news story (kean out) I would expect this one to be along similar lines regarding Venky's. They will either come out and support Venky's and ask supporters to do so or the complete opposite and ask them to go.

If Cryer is writing it then I suspect it will be backing Venky's. Although not a Venky's fan, he seems to believe they are our best hope and that there are no viable alternatives. I strongly disagree with his sentiments regarding this.

I reckon the same because Robinson on the offical website has call on ALL FANS to support the team till end of the season.

• Backroom

I reckon the same because Robinson on the offical website has call on ALL FANS to support the team till end of the season.

Rovers fans have supported the team throughout the season.

Kean and Venky's ain't a part of that. I refuse to support either until they give me a reason to. Destroying our club is not something I support.

It will be something minor...

'Local supporters 'worse than Hitler''.

Don't think its going to be this after all Venky's representative and Director of Blackburn Rovers Vineeth Rao thinks it is highly amusing to pose with Hitler and put it into the public Domain via his facebook page.

5032d.jpg

You really have got to question Venky's choice of appointment's and advisor's don't you.

p.s this is a genuine photograph, NOT photoshopped

In summary, a rallying call.

'Shout them to safety' is headline front page with a picture of supporters, one whom uncannily looks like Kean - don't know who chose that one !

Back page then goes into detail and argues case for support despite repeated reservations about owners & Kean.

'Shout them to safety' is headline front page with a picture of supporters, one whom uncannily looks like Kean - don't know who chose that one !

Back page then goes into detail and argues case for support despite repeated reservations about owners & Kean.

Dramatic.

Six months this has been going on and people STILL don't get it.

We play well and get a decent result, nothing will happen, we get spanked it'll get tasty.

It's that simple. Nowt the LT, the 'just get behind t'lads brigade or anybody else can do about it.

Just as I thought. Will it be available online to view - they dont have the LET on Tottenham Court Road.

Don't think its going to be this after all Venky's representative and Director of Blackburn Rovers Vineeth Rao thinks it is highly amusing to pose with Hitler and put it into the public Domain via his facebook page.

5032d.jpg

You really have got to question Venky's choice of appointment's and advisor's don't you.

p.s this is a genuine photograph, NOT photoshopped

I can confirm this photo is genuine as Vineeth was on my FB at one stage, and I saw this photo, Others are still on his Facebook like Rover23 who have also seen this picture

Archived