BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Venkys, Kean, Stability and Progress?

These discussions are pointless.

Steve Kean is the perfect fit for Venky's and vice versa.

Proper managers would not accept the conditions Kean works under, no other owners would let an obvious incompetent crack on with no pressure to achieve results.

• Replies 202
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I bet, imy, that you would have put Pardew in the same bracket as Bruce and Curbishley. Steady manager with similar success and failure, yet he's doing a great job at Newcastle with what their fans would probably describe as worse owners than Venkys.

I bet, imy, that you would have put Pardew in the same bracket as Bruce and Curbishley. Steady manager with similar success and failure, yet he's doing a great job at Newcastle with what their fans would probably describe as worse owners than Venkys.

Ashley has done a superb job (once he let common business sense take the place of chief supporter).

They have paid down their debts, put in a wage cap, they kept their side together after relegation, made a masterstoke in appointing Pardew, could sneak into a CL place and they have one of the best scouting systems in football.

• Backroom

Ashley has done a superb job (once he let common business sense take the place of chief supporter).

They have paid down their debts, put in a wage cap, they kept their side together after relegation, made a masterstoke in appointing Pardew, could sneak into a CL place and they have one of the best scouting systems in football.

Can't disagree with that. Although I do think to an extent Ashley lucked into this situation, he's certainly making the best of it. It'll be interesting to see how they do next season - I can foresee a very sudden decline if one or two things go wrong.

I wonder who brought in the scouting system , was already in place or brought in by Pardew ?

They have wonderfully well .....

Bet the Geordies wouldn't look at it that way as they trudge up to the Sportsdirect arena.

Your list could be applied by non-Rovers fans to Venkys.

Except, of course, the CL pretenders, scouting system and master-stroke manager! :lol:

Although a lot of Bumley fans think Kean as manager of Rovers is a master-stroke! :rolleyes:

So in the PL he has had ONE good job in THREE and only there for 18 months.

Which still puts him head and shoulders above our manager, right?

Oh no, I forgot, Kean will come good sooner or later. Imy's seen it in his tea leaves.

The whole PL has changed in three years, Man City have arrived and spent money not only on players but on excessive wages.

And that has affected us how? Man. City were blowing their load when Allardyce was here and he was still able to put together a competitive side on a shoestring budget. Weak effort.

Does Bruce know how to purchase good players on a small budget?

Valencia, Cattermole, Palacios, and Rodallega would suggest yes.

You are spinning around in circles chasing your own tail- you mentioned Hodgson as a manager to compare with but his record is SUPERB, even at Liverpool he was winning 42% of his games, 39% with Fulham and 37% with West Brom, so yes I am sure West Brom looked at his record before hiring him :lol:

Liverpool were 12th when Hodgson was sacked and had endured their worst start to season in 57 years. A win record of 42% would be smashing for club of our size, but considering his predecessor's was over 10% better, you can't argue that he failed. The point remains that Hodgson was appointed on the back of an unsuccessful step-up in management.

IF you can put your hatred of Kean and Venkys to one side you would see that Bruce is not a good fit for us, I would keep Kean over Bruce, he has at least brought through a number of quality youth players and has the players on his side- look at Sunderland especially and he had lost the dressing room.

And if you could put your love for Kean & Venky's aside (see? I can make cheap ad hominems to undermine an argument too), you'd see that Bruce is a far more experienced and successful manager than Steve Kean will ever be. Who cares if he's blooded a few younger players and kept the dressing room. As long as he's managing the club, we're going nowhere but the Championship.

Which still puts him head and shoulders above our manager, right?

HE GOT BLUES RELEGATED DO YOU KNOW WHAT THAT IS? YOU SAID BEFORE THAT HE DID A GOOD JOB AT THREE CLUBS NOW YOU ARE CLUTCHING AT ONE CLUB COME ON TOPMAN I EXPECTED YOU TO HOLD YOUR RESOLVE FOR A LITTLE LONGER :rolleyes:

Oh no, I forgot, Kean will come good sooner or later. Imy's seen it in his tea leaves.

I DONT DRINK TEA, WE HAVE SLASHED OUR WAGE BILL, SOLD OUR BEST PLAYERS AND YET WE ARE STILL COMPETING AND CURRENTLY THREE POINTS CLEAR, SOME WOULD ARGUE HE IS DOING A DECENT JOB IN THE CIRCUMSTANCES.

And that has affected us how? Man. City were blowing their load when Allardyce was here and he was still able to put together a competitive side on a shoestring budget. Weak effort.

THAT WAS ALLARDYCE WHO I RESPECT AS A MANAGER- HIS NOT STEVE BRUCE THOUGH RIGHT? ALLARDYCE HAS SHOW OVER HIS CAREER THAT HE CAN MANAGE A TEAM IN THE PL WITHIN A SMALL BUDGET NO COMPARISON- WHY YOU BRING HIM UP NOW IS A LITTLE SILLY.

Valencia, Cattermole, Palacios, and Rodallega would suggest yes.

NOW TAKE THOSE PLAYERS AWAY WOULD BRUCE HAVE COPED? I SERIOUSLY DOUBT IT- VALENCIA WAS BROUGHT BY JEWELL TO WIGAN BY THE WAY, HAVE NOT CHECKED THE OTHERS BUT YOU MAY WANT TO...

Liverpool were 12th when Hodgson was sacked and had endured their worst start to season in 57 years. A win record of 42% would be smashing for club of our size, but considering his predecessor's was over 10% better, you can't argue that he failed. The point remains that Hodgson was appointed on the back of an unsuccessful step-up in management.

THE POINT REMAINS THAT HODGSON HAD A SUPERB RECORD AT FULHAM EIGHT MONTHS BEFORE (I HAVE MENTIONED THAT BEFORE, RIGHT?), HE WAS A RESOUNDING SUCCESS WORKING WITH A SMALL BUDGET, HE HAD A GOOD WIN % AT LIVERPOOL CONSIDERING THE RIDICULOUS CIRCUMSTANCES THAT HE WAS UNDER (NAMELY OWNERS SELLING HIS BEST PLAYERS AND GIVING HIM LITTLE MONEY. BRUCE HAD HIS LONGEST TIME IN THE TOP FLIGHT AT SUNDERLAND AND SPEND MASSES OF MONEY AND HAD A WIN % OF 29% 1% MORE THAN KEAN AFTER THREE YEARS THERE

And if you could put your love for Kean & Venky's aside (see? I can make cheap ad hominems to undermine an argument too), you'd see that Bruce is a far more experienced and successful manager than Steve Kean will ever be. Who cares if he's blooded a few younger players and kept the dressing room. As long as he's managing the club, we're going nowhere but the Championship.

I HAVE SAID THAT I WANT BOTH THE OWNERS OUT AND KEAN OUT (I PUT IT IN BOLD AS I AM BEGINNING TO REALISE THAT YOU HAVE TROUBLE REMEMBERING), SO THE APPARENT LOVE IN IS IN YOUR HEAD. LAST YEAR WE SURVIVED AND REMAINED IN THE PL, WHAT IF TOPMAN AND THIS IS A SCARY THOUGHT WE SURVIVE AGAIN? THAT WOULD BE TWO YEARS RUNNING YOU CLAIMING WE WILL BE IN THE CHAMPIONSHIP AND WE REMAIN IN THE PL.

YOU HAVE ADMITTED ON NUMEROUS OCASSIONS THAT ROVERS WINNING OR LOSING HAS LITTLE EFFECT ON YOU, SO THE UNANSWERED QUESTION IS WHY DO YOU DO THIS TO YOURSELF? GO FIND ANOTHER SPORT OR TEAM TO FOLLOW. AS CURRENTLY VIRTUALLY EVERY POST BY YOU IS WUM LIKE AS ITS ANTI- KEAN OR ANTI VENKYS, LIFE IS NOT BLACK AND WHITE AND YOU TRYING TO MAKE IT THAT WAY IS CLEARLY CLOUDING YOUR JUDGEMENT.

Imy, you do often post some decent, balanced opinions, but I'm afraid you're taking 'trying to be balanced' to extreme measures if you think Kean is in any way superior to a proper, experienced manager like Bruce, Pardew or Curbishley.

The main man behind finding players is Graham Carr!!! He is Newcastle Cheif Scout and seems to be looking at the Dutch League! He was the man who found Tiote, Krul. Also Newcastle seems to be looking to sign at least 2 players from the Dutch league in Centre Back Douglas from FC Twente and Erik Peters from PSV!

Ashley has turn the club around Financial by investing in Quality Players at Low cost like Cabaye, Tiote, Ben Arfa, Ba! Also selling Carroll for 35 mil was a masterstroke imo!!!

Also wouldn't want Bruce as Rovers manager! same reasons as Philipl as said!

Sorry, Imy.

Fair play Topman, your right.

I'll summarise for you- you are wrong on all counts lol

Imy, you do often post some decent, balanced opinions, but I'm afraid you're taking 'trying to be balanced' to extreme measures if you think Kean is in any way superior to a proper, experienced manager like Bruce, Pardew or Curbishley.

Never said Pardew or Curbs are worse than Kean!! They are proper managers, I take issue with Bruce however who is a very average manager.

I want Kean out.

I would prefer Bruce over Kean, though it would be close. Bruce's mouth does him no favors and he hasn't really been a consistent success.

There are good PL managers available, such as Curbishley. There is a good number of foriegn talent available, such as the young Molde manager. There are up and coming Championship managers available, such as a Poyett.

We don't have them and are stuck with Kean due to Venkys poor judgment and decision making. I sympathize with their desire to get the books in order. But Venkys needs to find a balance between balancing the budget and ensuring proper leadership at the club while at the same time as preserving the club's relationship with the fans, its customers.

With Kean in charge Venkys won't ever find that balance.

Never said Pardew or Curbs are worse than Kean!! They are proper managers, I take issue with Bruce however who is a very average manager.

Completely agree with you.

However, unfortunately for us, Kean is several shades worse.

paul ince mk 2, we need experience not another novice, had two of them and we have nearly been relegated on 3 occasions!!

Unfortunately, this is the never ending cycle regurgitated.

Until Venkys are gone, or football collapses financially, we will only be able to afford a novice manager. Karl Robinson might not be a bad shout under those circumstances.

If we want an experienced manager, we need a new owner, and one with a wad of cash and the sense to structure the football club in a way that is best suited for providing the product they are selling.

Actually, scratch that, Venkys do have the perfect structure for the product they are selling - unfortunately for us that ain't football. :rolleyes:

Bruce is a better top-flight manager than Kean. That's not a glowing tribute, I know, but it's a fact (no matter how much Imy stamps his feet).

Anyone who would actually prefer Kean needs their head testing.

Bruce is a better top-flight manager than Kean. That's not a glowing tribute, I know, but it's a fact (no matter how much Imy stamps his feet).

Anyone who would actually prefer Kean needs their head testing.

A fact is something that can be proven, you yourself now clutch at the straw that he was successful at ONE club. (what happened to Palace? Blues?Sunderland?)

Relegation from the premier league, flopping at the club he spent the most time with in the top flight with a 29% record, having spent fortunes does not equate to a manager better than Kean.

Anyone who wants Bruce accepts relegation is a decent prospect and for fans who still care whether we win or lose this should be a major concern.

Not sure why we are having a ding dong about which manager we want. Kean has a job for life as long as Venkys stay in town.Don't look like they're going anywhere soon .Its great owning a PL Club for free because every time any cash is needed you just sell somebody and the manager never questions it..And The Club is no doubt now subsidising their lifestyle or other parts of the Venkys group.Where else could you raise big cash so quickly than by selling assets???

No wonder these illigitimates are here for the long haul!!

Archived