BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Venkys, Kean, Stability and Progress?

Venkys:

Terrible owners, only reason that nothing stupid has been said or done lately is because they no longer care about rovers.

And the main reason they are selling players is so they won't ever have to put their money into the club.

Kean:

Joke of a manager, as I said in another tread our upturn in form seems start soon after blacks appointment.

Kean has lied consistantly, yet that is nicely forgotten once we win a couple of matches.

If he is here again next season then be prepared for another struggle. He will eventually take the club down and the longer he is at the club the further we fall.

Conclusion:

Hopefully the club will have new owners in the summer. Their first act MUST be to sack the idiot of a manager and put some kind of structure in place in the management of the club.

Under the Venky/Kean axis there can be no progress at the club, FACT!

• Replies 202
  • Created
  • Last Reply

As ridiculous as you phillipl, you pompous, condescending, arrogant goat of a man??

I take back what I said in another thread. This is my favourite post in a long time!

In some ways, PL survival this season could be the calm before the storm.

And in others it might not be.

Oh, I agree. It all stinks. Our club has been used to make large sums of money for agents whilst the club suffers.

However, the point I was making about Kean having done a decent job IF we stay up is based purely on footballing matters (rather than how he got the job). The team we have at the moment is poor so keeping this crop of players up is a good achievement.

What are you talking about? He took on a squad that had finished 10th the season before he took over, who were doing fine in the league under Allardyce.

He has been there whilst good, experienced players have been thrown to the dogs, and young, inexperienced, generally very average players have been bought in as replacements, on the back of massive agents fees! He has been the manager whilst a decent experienced squad has been dismantled and put back together with odds and ends!

He didn't need to stay in the job, he has as much to do with this as bloody anyone does. Any manager with any credibility would have walked long ago if they were no longer responsible for transfers. He is a pathetic little brown noser who backstabbed a mate to get himself a job that is completely undeserved!

I read as far as 'Firstly, the decision to stick with Kean appears to be the right one....'

That was far enough to realise that I was reading a load of bullcrap, so skipped the rest.

If Venky's FC aren't relegated this season, it will happen soon enough. So far they have been fortunate that the long-term ramifications of their actions have yet to be capitalized in footballing terms by the clubs around them. Wolves suicidal sacking of McCarthy & hiring of Terry Connor one of them. However, they will inevitably make one too many mistakes and the club will go under. You can't run a club like ours on the cheap, dropping key players due to contractual and appearance fees, and keeping a puppet manager in charge, and leaving no authority at the club other than a bunch of jobsworths, and hope to get away with it.

What are you talking about? He took on a squad that had finished 10th the season before he took over, who were doing fine in the league under Allardyce.

He has been there whilst good, experienced players have been thrown to the dogs, and young, inexperienced, generally very average players have been bought in as replacements, on the back of massive agents fees! He has been the manager whilst a decent experienced squad has been dismantled and put back together with odds and ends!

He didn't need to stay in the job, he has as much to do with this as bloody anyone does. Any manager with any credibility would have walked long ago if they were no longer responsible for transfers. He is a pathetic little brown noser who backstabbed a mate to get himself a job that is completely undeserved!

I should have said, 'if he keeps us up this season he will have done a decent job'. We are a bottom five team with these players; players who I believe Kean didn't want (and, yes, he should have walked away because of that).

I would have walked if I was him but that wouldn't have solved our problems. Venky's would have got another puppet in.

Good thread. Some interesting and valid points made. If we can keep it on topic and keep the personal attacks out of it, I'll print it off and try to get it taken upstairs. (I'll delete this post first obviously.)

Keep posting folks. All opinions welcome. Just bear in mind that personal attacks won't help get your opinion or message taken seriously.

Thanks.

I read as far as 'Firstly, the decision to stick with Kean appears to be the right one....'

That was far enough to realise that I was reading a load of bullcrap, so skipped the rest.

In the context of where we were at christmas and where we are now, it was a good decision to stick with him. I'm happy to listen to anyone who is prepared to debate that.

Also, look at Wolves and QPR who changed managers and look at Bolton and Blackburn who stuck with their managers - the two teams that stuck with their managers are above the teams that changed. Again, these factors show that (so far) it was a good move to stick.

Steve Kean should never have got the job, shouldn't be in a job next season and will never be liked by rovers fans. That is not up for debate and I totally agree with those points.

Good thread. Some interesting and valid points made. If we can keep it on topic and keep the personal attacks out of it, I'll print it off and try to get it taken upstairs. (I'll delete this post first obviously.)

Keep posting folks. All opinions welcome. Just bear in mind that personal attacks won't help get your opinion or message taken seriously.

Thanks.

Upstairs? To god? :rover:

Venkys:

Terrible owners, only reason that nothing stupid has been said or done lately is because they no longer care about rovers.

And the main reason they are selling players is so they won't ever have to put their money into the club.

Kean:

Joke of a manager, as I said in another tread our upturn in form seems start soon after blacks appointment.

Kean has lied consistantly, yet that is nicely forgotten once we win a couple of matches.

If he is here again next season then be prepared for another struggle. He will eventually take the club down and the longer he is at the club the further we fall.

Conclusion:

Hopefully the club will have new owners in the summer. Their first act MUST be to sack the idiot of a manager and put some kind of structure in place in the management of the club.

Under the Venky/Kean axis there can be no progress at the club, FACT!

So true. But cant see us ever getting new owners until we are a struggling championship team unfortunatley. In my eyes I see us only delaying the innevitable in the future... relegation. I will always support the club no matter whos running the club or in charge as I want us to win but I also do know under these owners and this manager it is only a matter of time until we are relegated. And next season I think we will find ourselves in a similar situation, in a dog fight, that is of course if we are in the premier league.

In the context of where we were at christmas and where we are now, it was a good decision to stick with him. I'm happy to listen to anyone who is prepared to debate that.

Also, look at Wolves and QPR who changed managers and look in at Bolton and Blackburn who stuck with their managers - the two teams that stuck with their managers are above the teams that changed. Again, these factors show that (so far) it was a good move to stick.

Steve Kean should never have got the job, shouldn't be in a job next season and will never be liked by rovers fans. That is not up for debate and I totally agree with those points.

Looking at the position we are in now, if we can continue our recent form and finish 15th well clear of the relegation, will people not accept that Kean has done a decent job?

I would. Still would want a different manager but would have to praise the man considering the dismantled squad in front of him as well as the overall morale at xmas.

Just my opinion.

Sorry deazel, nice try but a fail.

An excellent thread started and a variety of points made- then you get responses like the one above which contribute so much to the original post :rolleyes:

Question: If our wage bill has been slashed significantly and our debt slashed too and we finish say 14th, is this a better achievement than say spending double on wages and finishing 10th?

Looking at the position we are in now, if we can continue our recent form and finish 15th well clear of the relegation, will people not accept that Kean has done a decent job?

I would. Still would want a different manager but would have to praise the man considering the dismantled squad in front of him as well as the overall morale at xmas.

Just my opinion.

I guess the counter argument is that he 'created' the atmosphere and contirbuted ot the dismateling of the squad. Part of the problem for is that it is extremely unclear what has happened. Best we get is Phillipl coming on here and posing around with his one liners.

As it stands I hold four things against him:-

1) Clearly fell out with Nelsen and didn't play him which is crazy in the position we were in

2) Goodwillie, Vukcevic and Petrovic have all been poor signings

3) Bare faced lying about the contract situation of Roberts and Salgado

4) Some utterly abject performances- First half against Villa, Arsenal away

But then he has done some good things too:-

1) Brought through Hanley, Lowe,

2) Signed Yakubu who has been exceptional. Formcia and Olsson have been decent.

3) Got us playing well since Christmas. Had a large patch of playing well in October/November but we were not picking up results

4) Got some excellent results at Old Trafford and Anfield, home result to Arsenal was excellent.

I would still get rid of him if we had someone better lined up. But Wolves ended up with Connor because they had no cash to offer Bruce or anyone else to rebuild the squad. If that's true of us (as everyone keeps on saying) then I can't see the point in removing Kean unless we can find a good proven PL manager who can work with a tiny budget. Not too many of those knocking about....

If we do have cash then of course come summer we should go out and get a qualified experienced manager.

Interesting views deazel. I dont agree with your overall view.

There is no doubt that Rovers current squad is finally playing a decent brand of football however dont be fooled because we hammered sunderland, wolves and took a point at home to a misfiring villa. I would put the defensive improvement down to the knowledge of a certain Mr Black. Kean still doesnt appear to have a clue in the manager stakes. He still spouts utter tripe and cannot ever win over the Rovers faithful with the despicable way he has helped alienate us.

I am going to mention Mr Hunt in the same breath. He claims that he is responsible for better improved communications at the club, let me tell you that he doesnt respond to emails as he claims and this despite going on the radio and telling us he did.

Both are puppets of the Venkys crew and nothing more.

Venkys - the turmoil they have brought into the club is immeasurable. Just have they stabilised the club ? They have ridden the club of its leaders (Nelsen and Samba), they have sold the crown jewels (Jones) for a pittance of the true value of the player, They have sold players and whilst lowering the wage bill have seen fit to fizzle away approx £40m YES FORTY MILLION and still we see the club with a huge debt as reported earlier this year. So how does that equate to stability ? The money they have taken has not been reinvested becasue the experience has been replaced by inexperienced players with potential.

The money allegedly handed to J Anderson and other agents has never been explained in full nor has the club ever explained what role he played or what he did, instead we listened limply to JA coming out and telling us hjow it was in his eyes.

We dont see the Rao's at Ewood instead we have muppets at the helm and how does that help the club ?

There is no PR, no communication, bills dont get paid and we cant even afford a freebie travelling journeyman in Zenden, attendances have suffered, club cash flow is poor, corporate sales are poor, we dont even have a kit sponsor, the advertising boards around the ground are bare and the biggest backer can only just get a 1 to 1 having gone to the media to get it. That tells a story of just how BRFC are being run.

We are hearing overtones that fans wont be too disappointed with the ST pricing for next season. It really doesnt matter how much it costs because the fans are going to vote with their feet and we will see a dramatic drop in sales. I am absolutely positive that will happen UNLESS there is a dramatic change in how the club is being run. Until someone with footballing know how comes into the club and turns it on its feet then there is no way in hell the club can survive.

The club needs overhauling starting now. off the field changes wont affect the team until the manager is changed.

Once this season is over I wont venture into Ewood again until the changes are becoming evident.

Ultimately we have 28 points from 29 games this season and that is absolutely woeful.

If we survive this season it will be in spite of Kean and not because of him.

We have lost FAR more points this season due to Kean than what we've won.

Two wins against two poor sides does not all of a sudden change two years of massive underperformance for Kean.

He must be sacked as soon as the season is over and replaced with a proper, experienced football manager.

If Venky's can get this right, it will go a long way to fixing a lot of their current problems.

If Venky's FC aren't relegated this season, it will happen soon enough. So far they have been fortunate that the long-term ramifications of their actions have yet to be capitalized in footballing terms by the clubs around them. Wolves suicidal sacking of McCarthy & hiring of Terry Connor one of them. However, they will inevitably make one too many mistakes and the club will go under. You can't run a club like ours on the cheap, dropping key players due to contractual and appearance fees, and keeping a puppet manager in charge, and leaving no authority at the club other than a bunch of jobsworths, and hope to get away with it.

And you can't take the fans with you on this crazy journey to the bottom.

Lets be honest we are in a position none of us could have dreamed of on Xmas day.Without a doubt Kean has got the troops together and they have responded to him and are performing to a certain level. we are all extremely thankful to still be in with a chance of surviving. But you cant keep doing things so wrong so often and survive for any reasonable period of time.At some point it will catch up with us.There are far too many players that simply arent good enough and should not be here next season.They probably will be as Venkys will feel they have been proved right in their decisions which imo is the most dangerous outcome of the lot ie can do it all again next year by selling best players and signing people like Bradley Orr on the cheap.

However in the final analysis , if we do stay up , after a very short period of reflection they real result is that they have completely p1ssed off so many hardcore fans that they will be playing in front of half empty Ewood next year. If fans hadnt got tickets already this season the place would have been deserted after the Bolton home game.

The real damage has yet to be revealed imo and i thinks its long term damage bordering on terminal for many.

Good opening post. Agree with many of the points however;

The line was crossed and its too late now, lying scumbag could win the league and I'd still celebrate if a bus hit him. As it is he wont make 40 points this season. Seriously not good enough and a yes man to boot. Kean Out.

Venky's - pure luck if we survive! The lack of understanding astounds.

Archived