BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] The all new Super Steve 'Coco' Kean Thread!

Stick or Twist this summer?  

687 members have voted

1. 1. So stay up or go down should we keep Super Steve 'Coco' Kean at the helm for next season??

• Keep - But only if we stay up
    • Keep - Even if relegated
    • Sack - But only if we go down
    • Sack - Even if we stay up
    • Just like a puppet I have no opinion

I will run a check on who planted the story. My brother is a former "news" editor of the Daily Star........before he went to the Sunday Sport!

Right....2 calls later: the "story" was provided to the paper by telephone from " a Club source".

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It never happened. Its just a PR splatter. He has had a black-eye and we all know why. Probably trying to get it through to SKY that he's being hounded wherever he goes. Why would bodyguard(s) be needed at training when he has a squad of players with him.

Agnew lies. He even lies about the team he supports.

Exactly. Kean is surrounded by 20+ professional athletes when he's at training. Regardless of their feelings about Kean, I reckon he'd be safe enough from some legless yob.

Ive been told that Robbo punched kean other week Brian Douglas son told me today at work cause he fell out with nzonzi n dropped him don't know if true but thts what I erd. And he said that dave whelan has paid for his dad to go barbados for 2 months. Also what makes me believe it is that he even said coco is wearin make up to cover bruising which is what someone else said on here

Spoke to dougie today and he had heard that he was mentioned. He wants me to say that this isn't true that he hasnt said this. It is just a rumour. Please can anyone refrain from using his name from now on. He is a little annoyed because he has had people approaching him when he hasn't actually said anything.

Exactly. Kean is surrounded by 20+ professional athletes when he's at training. Regardless of their feelings about Kean, I reckon he'd be safe enough from some legless yob.

I agree that he shouldn't be in danger being surrounded by 20 odd people (presuming they like him enough that is) but what has them being 'professional athletes' got to do with the abilities to protect him?

I agree that he shouldn't be in danger being surrounded by 20 odd people (presuming they like him enough that is) but what has them being 'professional athletes' got to do with the abilities to protect him?

Players usually just stand around watching this sort of thing when it happens. Look at Fiorentina last night. No player jumped in to drag Delio Rossi of Ljalic. It was club staff that did. Scared they'll break a fingernail, the over-paid prima-donnas.

Goes to show what the club thinks of its fans, when they will plant a story like that to try and divert attention away from Kean. The club has now become sceptic to the core.

It's like an episode of the X-Files with all these conspiracies flying around...

It's like an episode of the X-Files with all these conspiracies flying around...

I'd say it was more like North Korea and their State television, I'm surprised we haven't heard about Steve Kean getting 5 holes-in-one on his first round of golf or his ability to get a perfect 300 whenever he goes to the local Bowlplex yet.

but what has them being 'professional athletes' got to do with the abilities to protect him?

20 guys who are physically fit and strong against a drunken bum or 20 joe schmoes who aren't very strong or fit. I know who I'd rather have in front of me.

Their status as 'professional athletes' would suggest that they are large and physically imposing.

20 guys who are physically fit and strong against a drunken bum or 20 joe schmoes who aren't very strong or fit. I know who I'd rather have in front of me.

You are making the erroneous assumption that being strong and fit makes you good at self defense. There are plenty of examples of muscle men getting beaten up by 'weaker' opponents and fitness has nothing to do with as most street fights don't last more than a minute at most.

And as someone else said, the way these guys go down at the faintest touch on the pitch wouldn't indicate much toughness to me; In fact it appears most footballers are made of paper mache. There would probably be 'insurance issues' with a player getting involved in a fight as well...

You are making the erroneous assumption that being strong and fit makes you good at self defense. There are plenty of examples of muscle men getting beaten up by 'weaker' opponents and fitness has nothing to do with as most street fights don't last more than a minute at most.

And as someone else said, the way these guys go down at the faintest touch on the pitch wouldn't indicate much toughness to me; In fact it appears most footballers are made of paper mache. There would probably be 'insurance issues' with a player getting involved in a fight as well...

Your right, cant see many of our players getting involved in a fight. They havnt got any fight in them.

Your right, cant see many of our players getting involved in a fight. They havnt got any fight in them.

Well, except David Goodwillie

Kean: judge us after the Wigan game

.....judge us after the transfer window, judge us after our winnable games, blah blah blah

TBF, that's not too unlike many members on here. I was blowing the whistle on Venky's ownership less than a month in but I was told by a majority on here to judge them after the transfer window, then judge them at the end of the season, then judge them after the summer window ad infinitum

Archived