BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] The all new Super Steve 'Coco' Kean Thread!

Stick or Twist this summer?  

687 members have voted

1. 1. So stay up or go down should we keep Super Steve 'Coco' Kean at the helm for next season??

• Keep - But only if we stay up
    • Keep - Even if relegated
    • Sack - But only if we go down
    • Sack - Even if we stay up
    • Just like a puppet I have no opinion

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If only we could organise fans to stay out for the first 10 minutes. It'll never happen cos there are too many wimps around but kicking off with just the Wiggurners Braddup and DMTP in would be fantastic and give the lie to the shyte about most of the fans supporting him. The impact would be massive and picked up on news channels all around the globe.

Stage two of the plan is obviously to start selling off the young players and then move on to the successful academy and raid that.

This odious little creep is now getting cocky with his 'pressers'!

Where are the journalists who are going to blow this farce open?

The rape of this club will carry on away from the spotlight next season.

It makes perfect sense to raid the academy next, in fact on the face of things I'm sure Jerome sold the club to them on the back of that fact.

There's nothing new in that Mirror article.

The plan all along was to use Kean as a coach, rather than a manager and run the club with £5m/year, a few loans and a bunch of kids. It's what Mrs D told us on day one. There are a few fans who didn't see that. A few who wanted to give Kean more time, who thought reducing wages and ridding the club of it's senior players was a good thing, a few who thought ridding the club of John Williams [all part of the plan] was no hindrance and a few who thought the way forward was for rovers to base the future on kids alone. Some might recall me saying "it wont work".

The incredible thing about that article, is that on the day when we might be relegated, Kean has the audacity to go to the press and claim how well the plan's working.

He quite obviously has a vested interest in the club beyond just being the manager (if you can describe him as a manager). I do honestly believe that there is something dark going on behind the scenes, whereby he is tied into the club somehow or knows something about the regime that allows him to come out and declare that he fully expects to be at the club next season, despite two disasterous seasons in charge and probable relegation.

On the one hand he says what a great financial position we are in due to player sales, but on the other wants the 'experts' to remember all of the experienced players he got rid of - by experienced he means high earners like Nelsen and Samba, who saw dog's dinner he was making of the club and weren't willing to sit there and tow the party line.

He seems to think or just states for the benefit of the owners and the press that just because players are young that that means that they are good. Hanley, Lowe and Marcus Olsson are all average Championship players at best. This 'strategy' of relying on youth team players is totally unrealistic and is a recipe for disaster. It's not like we have La Masia going on like Barcelona do. How many of our youth team players will actually turn out to be good enough to play at the highest level? How many players have we produced over the past 10 - 15 years that have been good enough to play regularly in the Premiership? Duff, Dunn and Jones are the only ones that spring to mind. So to now expect that we will have a regular stream of talent good enough to go straight into the first team is total bu11sh!t. Giving youth a chance is all well and good, but they have to be good enough. We don't have the likes of Tello, Cuenca, Montoya and Thiago Alcantara in our youth ranks like Barcelona do.

It's obvious that the owners and Kean want to run the club on as little as possible, dress it up as revolutionising the way the club gets it's players, allowing them to maximise profits from player sales, TV money and parachute payments. Venky's need a kretinous little scumbag of a manager to go along with all of this and Steve Kean is that man.

A couple of people are literally draining the life out of a club with a 130 year history, which is the lifeblood of a town, causing pain, suffering and financial hardship to those who will lose substantial business when we are relegated and the fans protesting is the story in all of this? It is a total disgrace.

Totally bemused after reading such bile from Kean in the Sundays. Staggered that he's given such licence with no journalist offering any challenge to Kean's assertions.

IMO, the man is poison and has destroyed our club.

Even if QPR & Bolton lose today, I will aim to give Kean & Venky's verbal hell tomorrow night as that will be my last ever visit to what has now become, IMO, a circus and lunatic asylum.

"The capital in the squad is a lot healthier than a couple of years ago. Players like Martin Olsson, Grant Hanley, Jason Lowe and Marcus Olsson all of them are doing well".

Apart from the absurdity of a manager making statements bragging about the increase in the value of the squad he has just relegated, is this claim even true ?

When Kean took over, the squad contained Phil Jones, Samba, Kalanic and a still under contract Hoilett. Now we have Bruno, Myles, etc.

The nature and tone of his remarks are very similar to others he's made when his end has seemed inevitable to everyone else.

That suggests to me that he's recently talked to 'er upstairs and she's given him the green light for next season. :angry:

The nature and tone of his remarks are very similar to others he's made when his end has seemed inevitable to everyone else.

That suggests to me that he's recently talked to 'er upstairs and she's given him the green light for next season. :angry:

I fear you could be right 47er, he just can't contain his smugness when he knows something the rest of us don't, classless ******!

I'm just glad we never buckled and bought season tickets, another game under this idiot is a game to many.

I fear you could be right 47er, he just can't contain his smugness when he knows something the rest of us don't, classless ******!

I'm just glad we never buckled and bought season tickets, another game under this idiot is a game to many.

Just incredible that folk have/are paying for their season ticket for next season. They must be mad!!

Blind loyalty is very sad

It's his smirk when he talks to 25ft reporter.

"I'll be 100% shocked if I'm sacked" is what he said after losing to Bolton before Christmas, leaving us bottom of the table. Unbelievably he was proven right.

Looks like he will be right again, the smug birk.

Just incredible that folk have/are paying for their season ticket for next season. They must be mad!!

Blind loyalty is very sad

BACK THE TEAM!

COYB!

I WAS HERE BEFORE THEM!

...and other clichés too numerous to mention.

BACK THE TEAM!

COYB!

I WAS HERE BEFORE THEM!

...and other clichés too numerous to mention.

All very silly really! I could not think of anything worse than going back to Ewood whilst Kean continues to manage the team and Venkys continue to bring the club to its knees.

Must admit, I miss the passion that I once had for the club. Even if we score against Wigan tomorrow, my celebration will be somewhat muted.

I don't think I've ever known a manager not only boast about his job in the event of relegation but also constantly talk up the fiscal value of his team.

He's practically all but outed himself as a rogue agent.

I don't think I've ever known a manager not only boast about his job in the event of relegation but also constantly talk up the fiscal value of his team.

The guy is totally clueless. He talks up what a good group of young players we have. These same young players who will get us relegated. He then talks about how their value will have soared because of their experience. What other manager are going to want players that got relegated anyway? Everyone knows that when players drop down a division, their price tag drops - apart from our owners who still forked out £8 million on Scott Dann, and yet Stevie boy talks about the high prices we would be demanding for them anyway. The guy has got himself into such a spin with all the lies, spin and drivel that he spouts, that he doesn't know what he's saying anymore. He just says words and hope they make sentences.

For me, Kean is trying to keep his job doing by telling the media about the problems he had to cope with. That is all he is doing. Talking to the owners through the media. This is what he has been for ages. this has been talked about on BRFCS podcasts in the past.

selling of experience players and replacing them with Younger, inexperience players.

plus having to settle the club debts and now in a 'Healthly Financial position'

For me, Kean is trying to keep his job doing by telling the media about the problems he had to cope with. That is all he is doing. Talking to the owners through the media. This is what he has been for ages. this has been spoking about on BRFCS podcasts in the past.

selling of experience players and replacing them with Younger, inexperience players.

plus having to settle the club debts and now in a 'Healthly Financial position'

I think you're right, Chaddy. Wasn't it Kamy who said awhile ago that all these interviews are geared towards Venky's HQ? Just reassuring Mrs. D that should the worse happen, we'll have plenty of family silver to sell off in the summer.

Archived