BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] The all new Super Steve 'Coco' Kean Thread!

Stick or Twist this summer?  

687 members have voted

1. 1. So stay up or go down should we keep Super Steve 'Coco' Kean at the helm for next season??

• Keep - But only if we stay up
    • Keep - Even if relegated
    • Sack - But only if we go down
    • Sack - Even if we stay up
    • Just like a puppet I have no opinion

If we do perform a miracle and beat both Wigan and Chelsea (IF)...

Chances are we will be going down on goal difference because Kean totally messed up his tactics allowing QPR to pull two back against us in the last ten minutes of the game at Ewood....

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I have never known so much ill feeling towards our club in all my time supporting them.Its total mayhem folks..fans in open revolt with demonstrations left right and centre,a manager who must be the most hated ever,owners who are rapidly approaching the same level,players fighting in training.

When will this total ###### end? how long can Rovers fans stand this? how can so much that was so right go totally tits up like at present...I dont think it's ever been known before. :blink:

• Backroom

There's even more of the rubbish here

More Kean bull

'We have lost a lot of players since then - Jermaine Jones, Phil Jones, Brett Emerton, Christopher Samba.

Oh I see, so losing Samba is a negative now is it Keano? I swear I remember him saying it was a positive thing Samba had left. Hmm.

I remember saying at the time how strange it was how journalists were falling over themselves to put Kean on a pedestal after a brief upturn in form, despite spending the majority of the season encamped in the relegation zone. It's all well and good applauding Kean AFTER he's kept us up (I certainly wouldn't) but fawning over the guy when the relegation battle was far from over and most of us knew we'd be dragged right back in the brown stuff is really quite baffling.

For the first time ever! I hate my own club! Venky's, Kean etc, I can't stand it. I'm trying to get out of going to Ewood tomorrow because i simply can't stand the ###### I will be watching for 90 mins and the crap after etc.

For the first time in my life of 21 years, i couldn't give a crap about BRFC until the cancers are out.

Blackburn Rovers manager Steve Kean blames lack of transfer funds as reason his team are facing relegation

http://aggbot.com/Blackburn-Rovers-News/article/16788570

Yeah but Most of the People on this M/B said this all season.

The owners should have spend this January. If we had spend about 10 mil on 4 players we would have give ourselves a better chance of staying up. Instead we sign Modeste(useless), Orr who has been decent. Marcus Olsson is Championship player at best. and we sold Samba and not replace him.

The owners can't keep cutting cost and expect the team to do well. Doesn't happend like that.

Yeah but Most of the People on this M/B said this all season.

The owners should have spend this January. If we had spend about 10 mil on 4 players we would have give ourselves a better chance of staying up. Instead we sign Modeste(useless), Orr who has been decent. Marcus Olsson is Championship player at best. and we sold Samba and not replace him.

The owners can't keep cutting cost and expect the team to do well. Doesn't happend like that.

Fact is, if the owners had changed the manager, even with this same squad, we would have had a much better chance of staying up. In fact had the full squad actually been allowed to play, that is also true.

Fact is, if the owners had changed the manager, even with this same squad, we would have had a much better chance of staying up. In fact had the full squad actually been allowed to play, that is also true.

All good points.

Mischief making by the headline writer. He never said that, nor did he even really imply it. He never mentions transfer funds.

Exactly. He had close to 20m to spend as Cryer pointed out on Twitter, so that is no excuse. The fact that he spent it on players he couldn't get the best out of and integrate into his non-existent tactical system is his fault.

I said at the beginning of the season that overhauling the playing squad in the way we did was not a good idea, but we arguably had no choice. I thought we didn't buy enough. What really killed us was having a completely destabilized back four all season, in some cases a back four that has never played together for a prolonged period of time, which is vital.

Exactly. He had close to 20m to spend as Cryer pointed out on Twitter, so that is no excuse. The fact that he spent it on players he couldn't get the best out of and integrate into his non-existent tactical system is his fault.

I said at the beginning of the season that overhauling the playing squad in the way we did was not a good idea, but we arguably had no choice. I thought we didn't buy enough. What really killed us was having a completely destabilized back four all season, in some cases a back four that has never played together for a prolonged period of time, which is vital.

In fairness to Kean, and heaven knows I don't like being fair to the guy, but it would appear that he has never been in control of transfer policy. The owners have used agents and others to buy players and they have simply not been good enough. It's the reason why Sam walked and the likes of John Williams and Tom Finn left. Desai has no understanding of football and her business model has clearly failed. The appointment of Kean and the free hand given to agents are part of the reasons for our decline. However, the main cause has been the drastic attempts to cut costs which has seen far too many experienced players shown the door while the replacements were cheap and inferior. Unfortunately, this woman is hardly going to change her ways in the Championship. There are no marketing opportunities in a League which is not shown on Indian TV. The bottom line is the problems we have had this season have all been made in Pune by a woman who was seemingly too stubborn to realise that she was out of her depth and needed help - and not the sort provided by the likes of Kean, Agnew and Hunt! With income drastically reduced in the Championship one suspects that the cost cutting will become even more drastic and the results will be even worse than what we have seen thus far. However, I fully expect Kean to still be at the helm come the start of next season. He is already planning the pre-season so one assumes that Desai is happy to continue with him as manager.

Blame game: Snide comments no cure for my walking wounded, says Kean

Kean said: “It hurts us that people suggest that it doesn’t matter or we are not having a go. Of course they care, any suggestion they don’t is nothing short of nonsense.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/teams/blackburn-rovers/9249281/Blackburn-Rovers-manager-Steve-Kean-blames-lack-of-transfer-funds-as-reason-his-team-are-facing-relegation.html

Archived