BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] The all new Super Steve 'Coco' Kean Thread!

Stick or Twist this summer?  

687 members have voted

1. 1. So stay up or go down should we keep Super Steve 'Coco' Kean at the helm for next season??

• Keep - But only if we stay up
    • Keep - Even if relegated
    • Sack - But only if we go down
    • Sack - Even if we stay up
    • Just like a puppet I have no opinion

In fairness to Kean, and heaven knows I don't like being fair to the guy, but it would appear that he has never been in control of transfer policy. The owners have used agents and others to buy players and they have simply not been good enough. It's the reason why Sam walked and the likes of John Williams and Tom Finn left. Desai has no understanding of football and her business model has clearly failed. The appointment of Kean and the free hand given to agents are part of the reasons for our decline. However, the main cause has been the drastic attempts to cut costs which has seen far too many experienced players shown the door while the replacements were cheap and inferior. Unfortunately, this woman is hardly going to change her ways in the Championship. There are no marketing opportunities in a League which is not shown on Indian TV. The bottom line is the problems we have had this season have all been made in Pune by a woman who was seemingly too stubborn to realise that she was out of her depth and needed help - and not the sort provided by the likes of Kean, Agnew and Hunt! With income drastically reduced in the Championship one suspects that the cost cutting will become even more drastic and the results will be even worse than what we have seen thus far. However, I fully expect Kean to still be at the helm come the start of next season. He is already planning the pre-season so one assumes that Desai is happy to continue with him as manager.

A real manager like Sam or Hughes wouldn't have tolerated the situation though would they? He knew how it would be, accepted it, spun it this way and that and took the money.

He is not interested in a managerial career, or in our club. He is a one-off Venkys chancer.

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Starting to use desperate excuses - lack of funds, injuries etc.

Not heard the line 'I speak to the owners every day and im assured iv got my job safe' - a sign that its coming to the end for him?? ...........One can hope cant he?

Does anybody know that we won at old Trafford?

We also drew at anfield

We were also very unlucky in the return games too. How we aren't Champions League this year l don't know.

In fairness to Kean, and heaven knows I don't like being fair to the guy, but it would appear that he has never been in control of transfer policy. The owners have used agents and others to buy players and they have simply not been good enough. It's the reason why Sam walked and the likes of John Williams and Tom Finn left. Desai has no understanding of football and her business model has clearly failed. The appointment of Kean and the free hand given to agents are part of the reasons for our decline. However, the main cause has been the drastic attempts to cut costs which has seen far too many experienced players shown the door while the replacements were cheap and inferior. Unfortunately, this woman is hardly going to change her ways in the Championship. There are no marketing opportunities in a League which is not shown on Indian TV. The bottom line is the problems we have had this season have all been made in Pune by a woman who was seemingly too stubborn to realise that she was out of her depth and needed help - and not the sort provided by the likes of Kean, Agnew and Hunt! With income drastically reduced in the Championship one suspects that the cost cutting will become even more drastic and the results will be even worse than what we have seen thus far. However, I fully expect Kean to still be at the helm come the start of next season. He is already planning the pre-season so one assumes that Desai is happy to continue with him as manager.

Every club uses agents to buy players. The particular agent that they used happens to be Kean's own agent as well, so it's not like he is free of blame. It's not like the players we brought in were all on frees or known to be rubbish players. Players like Vukcevic, Petrovic, Goodwillie all seemed promising when we first heard we bought them, but they have not been used effectively by Kean. This doesn't just extend to new players, but old players as well, such as Givet and Salgado who were constantly left exposed as full-backs at the beginning of the season contributing to our really poor start.

I'm also not convinced Kean didn't have a say in transfer policy at all. Various people related to the club, including Kean himself, have said that he is in full control of transfers. So he must take at least part of the blame for the transfers and the failure to utilise them effectively.

I don't want to go into a cost cutting and finances discussion again, but I felt at the beginning of the season (and even well before) that we needed an overhaul of the playing squad, including a reduction in the wage bill. We had too many average, ageing performers in the squad that needed to be replaced sooner or later. The overhaul we experienced this season was too drastic though... we needed a more conservative approach.

That and their decision to put their faith in Kean by appointing and keeping him as manager were their biggest mistakes. Kean should have been sacked at the end of last season.

Colin Hendry has just said on 5Live that "the vast majority of fans have been behind the team and the manager."

He also said that Kean has conducted himself with great dignity throughout the season.

Seems like he is still looking for a job.

Yes Hendry is looking for a job that has been offered but has never materialised. Unfortunately for him, bigging up Kean at the moment is not the best way to get it. That isn't to say Kean is going to be history for sure...

By the way Kean, this is the way to play mind games- http://www.google.com/hostednews/ukpress/article/ALeqM5io58DfSxT1WugLr_1M6tCyXS0R-A?docId=N0132851336335222795A.

Kean really is a useless lump isn't he. If anybody still wants to peddle the line that Mrs D is a successful business woman, successful business people do not flush £40m down the loo by backing such manifest inadequates as Steve Kean.

Colin Hendry has just said on 5Live that "the vast majority of fans have been behind the team and the manager."

He also said that Kean has conducted himself with great dignity throughout the season.

Hendry doesn't half talk some rubbish.

Steve Kean, with the assistance of the atrocious Raos, is responsible for my no longer being a supporter of the Blackburn Rovers of today. The - IMO - lying, conniving, despicable little man has turned this club into a pathetic shell of its former self. Kean's not a football manager, he's (IMO) a spin doctor out to capitalize on the downfall of Blackburn Rovers. How the press doesn't wake up and smell the asset stripping is beyond me, what with Kean actually admitting that the value of the squad and incoming transfer fees are as important as the number of points gained. The national press - with the exception of Winter and Blackburn - should be ashamed and embarrassed. How they have not made a big deal out of the signing of Myles Anderson and ALL THE BLOODY LIES that come out of Kean's mouth makes one think.

The Blackburn Rovers I support is no more. I will continue to support the fans, the community and the history of Blackburn Rovers, but I simply cannot stomach being lied to and ridiculed by the manager and the owners any more. The whole setup is a pisstake. I wish Kean, Agnew and the Raos would just feck off and never be heard from again.

Every club uses agents to buy players. The particular agent that they used happens to be Kean's own agent as well, so it's not like he is free of blame. It's not like the players we brought in were all on frees or known to be rubbish players. Players like Vukcevic, Petrovic, Goodwillie all seemed promising when we first heard we bought them, but they have not been used effectively by Kean. This doesn't just extend to new players, but old players as well, such as Givet and Salgado who were constantly left exposed as full-backs at the beginning of the season contributing to our really poor start.

I'm also not convinced Kean didn't have a say in transfer policy at all. Various people related to the club, including Kean himself, have said that he is in full control of transfers. So he must take at least part of the blame for the transfers and the failure to utilise them effectively.

I don't want to go into a cost cutting and finances discussion again, but I felt at the beginning of the season (and even well before) that we needed an overhaul of the playing squad, including a reduction in the wage bill. We had too many average, ageing performers in the squad that needed to be replaced sooner or later. The overhaul we experienced this season was too drastic though... we needed a more conservative approach.

That and their decision to put their faith in Kean by appointing and keeping him as manager were their biggest mistakes. Kean should have been sacked at the end of last season.

Why would Desai want to sack Kean? He has done everything he has been asked to do. He has overseen the complete destruction of the playing squad in a way that no other manager would have done. You may not want to talk about cutting costs and the financial plan that Desai has but, ultimately, that is the reason we are going down. John Williams knew that the club had to have a high wage bill to maintain Premier League status and clearly he has been proved right. Trim costs gradually and you may have a chance but to do it in the way that Desai has done and the club was always destined for failure. I said coming out of Molineux at the of last season that Kean had to be sacked or we wouldn't survive but Desai is more concerned with money than Premier League status and Kean is clearly happy to do her bidding - hence relegation.

Apossible new record for Kean to add to his collection:

Have we got the double over any team this season? I can't remember one.

If so, wouldn't that be the first Premier League season we have never managed it?

. To the Press, when we are relegated ask Kean will he now resign. When he says "no" don't just sit there, ask him why not. Tell him that he isn't wanted by the fans, he is loathed and despised, tell him his record of results is nothing short of abysmal but also significantly tell him that you, the Press, are sick of the garbage he tells you, that frankly its got beyond a joke and that it's making you, the Press, look a bit of a joke.

1/100 to go down, they've not even considered it apparently. See you tonight Kean. I guess the Venky cowards won't be there.

Lovely morning here.

Pour a fresh coffee, which the tv on and what's the first thing I see........ Kean on SSN taking the fecking positives !!!!!

And my day is ruined.

:lol:

I feel it's going to get worse, peaking around 21:50

I don't think there has been a plan, from the outset, to run the club down. I think the club was bought under false pretences and without proper due diligence on the football side.

When it became clear that relegation and transfer windows meant a time limit was placed on spending - and Venkys could not afford it - then we were doomed.

It's possible that, out of some well-meaning but wholly misguided loyalty to the Pune 9, Belaji tried to convince the others to make a go of it but was outvoted by the others (heads ruling heart) and at that point, as Philip(?) mentioned "Mrs D took the batteries out of Belaji's toy".

Everything that has followed smacks of an absolutely desperate need to save money, including not replacing the much cheaper Steve Kean, as well as a wilful neglect of the moral duties they signed up to when they bought the community enterprise that is a football club.

They simply don't seem to care about the club or the people of Blackburn and would now, having made their money back, rather run the club down that sell at a loss (to 'save face'?). They've given up on worrying about losing PL prize money and are more worried about haemmoraging the costs of running a PL club. Everyone wants to win the lottery but if the prize was £1bn and the lottery ticket cost £1000, how many would you buy?

Relegation was not envisaged, in my opinion, and more worryingly I reckon they still don't have a plan as to what to do once it is confirmed. Once the season is over ("Steve has guaranteed we won't be relegated") they will probably look at Karen Silk's figures and ###### themselves. But will they sell or just continue to ignore their baby that now has a limp, buck teeth and Tourette's?

I don't think it was an initial plan but I think we have been victims of naivety, stupidity, arrogance and cultural differences.

I have no sympathy for them and hope that they suffer as much as we have but my biggest worry right now is whether they have really paid of the club's debt or simply paid of Barclays and moved the debt to India.

Seems like he is still looking for a job.

Hendry once had very, very close links with Ian Battersby.

Not sure where they stand now but watch this space if Battersby gets any position of influence.

Personally, would not want to see Hendry back at the club for both footballing and other reasons.

Hendry once had very, very close links with Ian Battersby.

Not sure where they stand now but watch this space if Battersby gets any position of influence.

Personally, would not want to see Hendry back at the club for both footballing and other reasons.

Couldn't agree more Mercer, Hendry has spouted almost as much rubbish as Kean this campaign, how a so called Rovers legend thinks backing this idiot is a way forward is beyond me...the rumours of a job offer obviously swayed his thinking....

Couldn't agree more Mercer, Hendry has spouted almost as much rubbish as Kean this campaign, how a so called Rovers legend thinks backing this idiot is a way forward is beyond me...the rumours of a job offer obviously swayed his thinking....

This is a Rovers 'legend' who jumped ship twice and took his neighbour for a considerable amount of cash with, it appears, no remorse. That sums him up really. Another 30 pieces of silver Colin?

Archived