BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] The all new Super Steve 'Coco' Kean Thread!

Stick or Twist this summer?  

687 members have voted

1. 1. So stay up or go down should we keep Super Steve 'Coco' Kean at the helm for next season??

• Keep - But only if we stay up
    • Keep - Even if relegated
    • Sack - But only if we go down
    • Sack - Even if we stay up
    • Just like a puppet I have no opinion

What manager would even come out with such comments unless he actually knew his job was safe as houses?

Most managers would come out and say they're focused solely on getting the club out of trouble and haven't thought about next season. Not Kean. He knows he won't be going anywhere whilst he's one of Venky's inner-circle.

Exactly. As I said, he just can't help himself. Talk about provoking the fans! He simply doesn't care what the fans think of him and what he is doing to the club. Like Venky's, I think it's got to the stage where he thinks that he would rather run the club into the ground out of spite, than accept that he isn't wanted by the Rovers fans and leave because they hounded him out.

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Thomas Evans‏@TomboTheGreat

@Northern_Rover @St_Jimmy_77 The new 2 and a half year contract that has been on his table since he signed new improved terms says otherwise

Seems other also have wind of a new contract.

Nail on the head there for me, Mercerman. I really think he's winding the fans up so that he can do the "Boo hoo, those nasty fans, sniff, sniff" act, then later in the week there'll be an announcement of a 'mutual agreement' because all his cronies will consequently come out and say that his job is untenable, not due to his failings but because of those awful fans who didn't deserve him (how ironic is that). This will then leave Steve Brent with a repulsive amount of money in the bank and the opportunity to do a 4 page exclusive interview with Nicko on how hellish his time at BRFC was. So everyone's a winner except for the people who really care about BRFC.

If he hasn't done it already, he has just painted a big red target on himself. I too get the impression that he and the club are looking to provoke the fans. It's like they want something to happen on Monday night so they can say 'this is the abuse I've faced all along' and the press can say 'we were right, the fans are thugs and poor Steve Kean has face them head on, what a hero!'

Fans SHOULD NOT give him, the scum running the club or the press the satisfaction by doing anything other than chanting for his and the owners removal. A possible song to sing?

"Get a new contract?

You're having a laugh

Get a new contract?

You're having a laugh."

nobody should ever be bigger /more important than the club, unfortunately he is. The club has died and he is ######'in on the ashes, i will support blackburn rovers for life in whatever incarnation or league we are left in but whilst he remains it is nigh on impossible to support as it is both futile as there is no talent or reason for optimism anywhere and footballing success is clearly not a part of the owners strategy for the club.

We will have indians in the 1st team next season, if there was a betting market for it i would bet on it, he got the job for non footballing reasons and he will never be allowed to leave for the same reasons. Financially the indian scum have got there investment money back and whatever they do now is'nt costing them a penny whilst they fubar us.

, would be a paper saver if they just made dartboards with his face on.

• Backroom

Thomas Evans‏@TomboTheGreat

@Northern_Rover @St_Jimmy_77 The new 2 and a half year contract that has been on his table since he signed new improved terms says otherwise

Seems other also have wind of a new contract.

That seems to be about the last contract he signed but anyway I wouldn't believe a word that guy says personally

Interesting use of the term We and we've again " We’ve taken the wage bill down and brought in a lot of income from transfers." almost taking as somebody who owns /part owns the club isn't he?

So results are secondary to potential profit for somebody ? “The capital in the squad is a lot healthier than a couple of years ago. Players like Martin Olsson, Grant Hanley, Jason Lowe and Marcus Olsson – all of them are doing well.

I can't believe the press take him on and listen and print his quotes. Its a waste of paper, utterly ridiculous. We will probably all but relegated today and you have him coming out with crap like that...

"Think about the value of Martin Olsson, Grant Hanley, Jason Lowe and Marcus Olsson. We got them for nothing.

“Young players have come in and played so well. If someone comes in for them we will be demanding very high fees.

“We have an up-and-coming group, the youngest in the Premier League. They are exciting players and coming through this experience will help them."

Not only is that a complete contradiction but yet more proof that Kean isn't here for football reasons. I've never ever heard a manager talk about the financial value in his squad. With that kind of talk, you have to wonder if he is on a big bonus for players sales and wage reductions - I guess relegation will reduce wages. That would suggest he'll be here until the money runs out.

those players listed are Championship players at best. No one will come in for them. Kean knows that so when they don't leave he can pull the next story out of thin air that the players want to stay and are fully behind what we are trying to do. Little scrote.

Whose going to be the first to say the quotes from Kean did not happen it must have been a taxi driver or somebody in the canteen .

The Quotes in the star article are classic

“The young players have come in and played so well. If someone does come in for them we will be fighting them off and demanding very high figures". So all up for sale then and make us an offer

“I would hope the experts look at the experienced players we lost." That Kean forced out the club

“But we’re still in a very healthy ­position because we have taken the wage bill down and we have brought in a lot of income. That's good then but last time I looked it was points that mattered

“Remember, we have lost a lot of ­experience. The last six players who left had 1,000 games between them.That Kean forced out the club

“We now have an up-and-coming group, the youngest in the Premier League. Yawn!

“They have had more games earlier ­because we have lost players but I’m confident we can beat Wigan and take it to the last game.That Kean forced out the club

“We’re not playing a negative system. Very seldom have we played with one up front and we intend to finish the ­season on the front foot. Definitely.” uhmm , I seem to remember one up front quite a few times

There's nothing new in that Mirror article.

The plan all along was to use Kean as a coach, rather than a manager and run the club with £5m/year, a few loans and a bunch of kids. It's what Mrs D told us on day one. There are a few fans who didn't see that. A few who wanted to give Kean more time, who thought reducing wages and ridding the club of it's senior players was a good thing, a few who thought ridding the club of John Williams [all part of the plan] was no hindrance and a few who thought the way forward was for rovers to base the future on kids alone. Some might recall me saying "it wont work".

The incredible thing about that article, is that on the day when we might be relegated, Kean has the audacity to go to the press and claim how well the plan's working.

I don't get how he's going on about being in a good position financially when we are about to lose at least £25m in revenue due to his actions....

You just beat me to it.. was going to say the exact same thing, shaved a few mil off the wages but 10s of millions off the revenue.

Well I've been at work since 4 this morning and the days been ruined by buying a couple of papers and Walter Mitty is in every one . I HATE the smarmy lying prick with a passion .... We don't deserve him or the V's .

Stage two of the plan is obviously to start selling off the young players and then move on to the successful academy and raid that.

This odious little creep is now getting cocky with his 'pressers'!

Where are the journalists who are going to blow this farce open?

The rape of this club will carry on away from the spotlight next season.

Stage two of the plan is obviously to start selling off the young players and then move on to the successful academy and raid that.

Indeed.

If he was going to get found out (for the real plan, not his incompetence as a football manager) it would be in the glare of the PL media machine, free reign from next week.

Yeah Wiggy. Super coach Kean will bring 'em through and then we'll 'em sell on for big money. Trouble is that the academy brought absolutely no-one through for quite a number of years - and that happens at a lot of clubs. So what happens then?

Yeah Wiggy. Super coach Kean will bring 'em through and then we'll 'em sell on for big money. Trouble is that the academy brought absolutely no-one through for quite a number of years - and that happens at a lot of clubs. So what happens then?

Whack 'em in the team anyway and talk them up at every opportunity- Jason Lowe springs to mind.

Archived