BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] The all new Super Steve 'Coco' Kean Thread!

Stick or Twist this summer?  

687 members have voted

1. 1. So stay up or go down should we keep Super Steve 'Coco' Kean at the helm for next season??

• Keep - But only if we stay up
    • Keep - Even if relegated
    • Sack - But only if we go down
    • Sack - Even if we stay up
    • Just like a puppet I have no opinion

I'm sure there's more to come on this. he clearly has been clouted around the right side of his nose. Good old Givet!

Even Gav could see that! :P

Hate to be a bubble burster, but his face looked like that before half time judging by the match pictures i've seen. Although I do hope something comes of this, how long will his position be tenable if he keeps getting lamped?

Was weird though, was watching on SS and there was a big hoo hah at half time over Givet with the commentators saying things were delayed because of a medical incident with Givet, paramedics, lots of fuss.

Givet then appears and walks up to sit on the bench, not one of them asked if he was ok, weird considering his heart rate was apparently "300bpm" and everyone was "extra cautious" after the Muamba incident :rolleyes:

Then apparently the touchline reporter was told by Givet himself when walking to the bench that he'd done his hamstring.

Jeez, these lot are crap at lying when it isn't scripted. Even then they're pretty useless. Imagine if someone put Kean under pressure at a presser, what on earth would he come out with?

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm sure there's more to come on this. he clearly has been clouted around the right side of his nose. Good old Givet!

Even Gav could see that! :P

Does anybody have any idea what happened just before the second half started?

KEAN GOT SMACKED AGAIN TONIGHT?

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/17985344

He spouts the usual drivel but look at the state of his face.

Something certainly went on at half time in the Rovers dressing room- the live broadcasters seemed to think they were onto a big story as it was happening.

Then it became "Givet had a hamstring strain" but when the cameras showed Givet eventually taking a seat in the dug out, everything was tense and icy. Nobody acknowledged him including the other players- and he was moving perfectly nimbly.

He looks like a fat Scottish alcoholic.

I posted that in December, things have gotten as bad as ever for you guys but a lot has happened to my own club since then too.

Kean is a fraud working for these Venkys, they're taking you down the same route we've gone, hopefully they can all be flushed out as soon as possible. I've learned that no club in immune from disappearing, the fact that Kean sounds so comfortable about his job indicates he and Venkys are going no-where yet.

Again I fully support all of you in the abuse and protests.

Thanks, STB. I appreciate it.

Rovers have quite and affinity and plenty of links with Rangers.

Lots of players (including Stuart Munro, who I thought would be excellent! ;) managers and staff.

I believe (the modern) Ewood park was modeled on Ibrox too. Very similar!

Good Luck to Rangers. It's always the fans that suffer. :(

Thanks, STB. I appreciate it.

Rovers have quite and affinity and plenty of links with Rangers.

Lots of players (including Stuart Munro, who I thought would be excellent! ;) managers and staff.

I believe (the modern) Ewood park was modeled on Ibrox too. Very similar!

Good Luck to Rangers. It's always the fans that suffer. :(

Souness would sort all these guys out. :angry:

Savage is supposed to be a nice bloke but as a pundit he's a clueless idiot. He changes position more than a particularly busy hooker.

'The manager, for me now, is not good enough for the Premier League. There is an argument he is not good enough for the Championship.'

Why is Kean's incompetence only evident to Savage now?

This looks all the more risible now.

Steve Kean in his Sky Sports interview quoting West Ham bouncing back, and saying how they "regrouped" and how we could do the same... They are managed by the person that YOU replaced! Someone who has a clue.

His lack of self awareness is incredible.

Steve Kean in his Sky Sports interview quoting West Ham bouncing back, and saying how they "regrouped" and how we could do the same... They are managed by the person that YOU replaced! Someone who has a clue.

His lack of self awareness is incredible.

Indeed, coupled with the most pathetic politician's response to the question "Over the course of the season what might YOU have done differently, Steve?", to which our mighty leader gave no answer but talked about something completely different.

Bottom line: Steve Kean has monumentally failed as Blackburn Rovers manager. Venkys continued failing to dismiss him from his post will be further evidence of their total disregard for the club they own.

Does Kean actually watch the same game as the rest of us, is there some sort of weird alternative game that can only be seen from standing in the techical area, he said the players give everything, no they didn't it was awful, why not come out and admit it instead of this crap you spout after a game where we were not good enough.

Indeed, coupled with the most pathetic politician's response to the question "Over the course of the season what might YOU have done differently, Steve?", to which our mighty leader gave no answer but talked about something completely different.

Probably due to the fact that he would still be reeling things off come Saturday if he were to be honest.

The man has long ago passed the point where he has any possibility of telling the truth or showing one shred of personal responsibility. There are people bound in straight jackets with pool balls in their mouths that have a better grasp of reality and decorum.

Does Kean actually watch the same game as the rest of us, is there some sort of weird alternative game that can only be seen from standing in the techical area, he said the players give everything, no they didn't it was awful, why not come out and admit it instead of this crap you spout after a game where we were not good enough.

Anybody waiting for Kean to admit that there is either a problem, or that he is any way responsible for failings within the club, will be waiting a very long time.

http://soccernet.espn.go.com/quotes?id=318060&cc=5901

Every one of Kean's stupid post-match quotes can be dismissed as sheer idiocy.

"We're devastated, the players are numb because we felt as though we did a very good job tonight,"

The statistics tell a different story, fat boy. Twelve shots total, only two on goal against Wigan. If that is considered a "very good job" then it's no wonder this club has found itself in such a sorry predicament...and I shudder to think what kind of job he would deem to be poor.

"Certainly in the second half we made enough chances, and we had a very good shout for a pen with Junior Hoilett."

The reason we had more chances was because we had none at all in the first half. It was as if the side disgracefully picked up right where they left off from the Spurs match.

"The fact we didn't get a result and take it to the last game is massively disappointing, it's a great setback for the club."

No, the real great setback was when you first agreed to take the position.

"I think you could see up until the last second the lads were giving everything, they've given a big, big effort to take it to the last day as we did last season.

More pure rubbish. They gave little to no effort in about half of our fixtures this season, and the away at Spurs showing was probably the most inept level of play I've ever seen from a Premier League side.

"You can never fault the players' effort. We've got a very young side, we've lost a lot of experience and for the future we're going to have a backbone of young academy players that'll stand the club proud.

Then where does the blame lie if we can't fault the players, Steve? The supporters? Part of being a manager means finding a way to motivate your players and get them prepared mentally. It isn't a question of having no ability...because then we never would have gotten results at ManU, Liverpool, etc. It's a question of leadership, or lack thereof.

"It's difficult for them because they've never experienced a feeling like in that dressing room now."

And we're going to go through this same feeling all over again at the bottom of the Championship next season unless you are long gone, holed up in some god-foresaken remote flat drinking yourself to an early grave while a proper manager guides this club back among the elite...

Steve Kean says he will not resign

After the defeat by Wigan and with relegation confirmed Kean says "I have spoken with the owners, like I do every day. We haven't mentioned what has happened tonight, but I am confident we will have a sit down and have a plan in place as quickly as possible."

My head is going and I can't take this. How can he possibly have had a phone call with the V's after the game without talking about the result..so it was just a phone-sex call to the Ugly Fat Slag?

And despite what others have said elsewhere there is still no plan decided upon following relegation.

I hope West Ham get promoted so that Big Sam can give the VenKeans 2 fingers as they pass Rovers by. Quite fitting.

Steve Kean says he will not resign

After the defeat by Wigan and with relegation confirmed Kean says "I have spoken with the owners, like I do every day. We haven't mentioned what has happened tonight, but I am confident we will have a sit down and have a plan in place as quickly as possible."

My head is going and I can't take this. How can he possibly have had a phone call with the V's after the game without talking about the result..so it was just a phone-sex call to the Ugly Fat Slag?

And despite what others have said elsewhere there is still no plan decided upon following relegation.

I hope West Ham get promoted so that Big Sam can give the VenKeans 2 fingers as they pass Rovers by. Quite fitting.

I noticed this last night. Considered it a very strange comment to make. IF they were told the result - even though they were watching it live. They would not need to be told the consequences. But somebody in the club told BBC that venkys did not know relegation was possible. That comment tells me that right up until last night, they still did not believe relegation was possible. Kean lacks the bottle to tell them. Strange strange comment.

Archived