BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Morten Gamst Pedersen

• Replies 739
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Stronger team with Orr in it ? Does not compute. You don't drop players like Pedersen with 300 plus games Premier League experience in the middle of a relegation battle - makes no sense.

Not that he deserves to be dropped anyway.

Stronger team with Orr in it ? Does not compute. You don't drop players like Pedersen with 300 plus games Premier League experience in the middle of a relegation battle - makes no sense.

Not that he deserves to be dropped anyway.

Funny how that worked out last season.

It wouldn't matter who we do or do not have, Jim would feel the same.

We could have Xavi and Iniesta and some would argue Peds deserves to play more because he claps the fans after games and says the right things on his blog .... ;)

Pedersen could score a hat-trick in every game from now to the end of the season including the winning goal at Chelsea that saves us from relegation and still some folk would think he's not worth a place in the team. But then some folk don't have a clue........

really. ? pathetic ? even against QPR, Villa (2nd half), Wolves and Sunderland (and scored a great freekick at Arsenal in between).

you should define 'pathetic'

We obviously watch different games, or expect different things.

Constantly giving the ball away cheaply, getting caught in possession, ruining good attacking situations or putting us under pressure with his choice of ball especially away from Ewood. Don't worry he won't hear my groans of frustration from here in eastern France.

He's performances have been that poor and frustrating that I've seriously been tempted to write down his contribution or lack of it during a game.

I'd love him to ram my comments down my throat, starting with a performance against United reminiscent of 6/7 years ago

Pedersen is thick skinned. He's been booed by half the norwegian national crowd in a friendly vs finland and ended up scoring the winning goal 3 minutes on overtime, and then giving the crowd the stick afterwards.

never understood why people end up booing at their own players.

I see many people in this thread criticising pedersen alot in this thread, and some of you are the same people who actually protected Chris Samba when he decided to go on strike to get a transfer. I don't know about you, but i would pick a loyal average gamst pedersen rather than a greedy chris samba any day of the week.

I know for a fact that he's been offered alot more money to go to a foreign club, but he really likes it in england and he loves playing for us.

i agree he's not what he used to be, but he is not our weakest link. some of the criticism he gets is uncalled for. I see alot of people criticising his set pieces. Before the Arsenal game the norwegian pl studio said that Pedersen is the premier league player who has scored most goals from free kicks the last 5 years. Thats pretty impressive.

He got 3 goals and 8 assists this season, thats not bad.

Premier league / all time / most assists

he's in a exclusice company. More assist than becham (beckham with 265 appearances, pedersen with 253, although beckham scored alot more goals)

To abuse a player who are only 8 games away from beating Brad Friedel's record of most rovers appereances in the premier league (he will get the record if we're not relegated) is absolutely discgraceful.

Pedersen is 'loyal' because no other club would give him the money we're paying.

He realized the other summer when only Celtic & Olmpiakos came calling and he signed a new deal at the 11th hour.

It appears the Pedersen knockers will not recognise the fact that he is having to adapt to a new position. His game wasn't based on 'Souness' type challenges in the middle of the park. The fact he has had to play left mid, left back and now central mid is a credit to him.

There isn't a realistic option, Lowe is a safer bet at RB than any others we have available.

Through all the years I've been going to Ewood, there have always been the scapegoats and I'm disapointed, but, not surprised, that the player who gives so much in a game gets so much stick.

For me Pedersen has made two major mistakes at Rovers.

1) Changing his name from Pedersen to Gamst.

I think we can all agree that the name change to Gamst was a disaster. Has he ever fully recovered? I'm not too sure. His pride and confidence has been smacked after that ridiculous decision. The Pedersen we all remember, was banging goals in left right and centre. Freekicks, volleys from obscene angles, the lot. Gamst on the other hand struggles to hit anything lower than row Q.

2) Hair Choice

Again with the end of Pedersen and beginning of Gamst, we saw the end of the boyband bleach blonde hair, and the beginning of.. Well, what exactly is his current style?

Could his boyband hair have intimated opposing right backs? Could they have feared for Pedersen having a cheeky grope while stuck in the corner, and have therefore given him extra leeway?

We will never know. All we do know, is we all want Pedersen mk II back.

For those slightly lost, here's a list of where we are in the story of MGP.

Pedersen I - Souness's signing from Norway, lightweight and ineffective

Pedersen II - Without doubt the Pedersen we all wish for. Quick, skillful, quality set pieces and worryingly good volleys. (note: this is the Pedersen Spurs wanted).

Gamst I - Suddenly, Pedersen II changes his name. And the Pedersen we all love, suddenly has disappeared. Tries, and tries, but gets nowhere.

Pedersen III - Our current Pedersen. A mix of Pedersen I and Gamst I. Lightweight and totally ineffective, but means well.

Constantly giving the ball away cheaply, getting caught in possession, ruining good attacking situations or putting us under pressure with his choice of ball especially away from Ewood. Don't worry he won't hear my groans of frustration from here in eastern France.

He's performances have been that poor and frustrating that I've seriously been tempted to write down his contribution or lack of it during a game.

I'd love him to ram my comments down my throat, starting with a performance against United reminiscent of 6/7 years ago

That's the Pedersen I see playing for Rovers, maybe some of you are watching through blue and white glasses.

For me Pedersen has made two major mistakes at Rovers.

1) Changing his name from Pedersen to Gamst.

I think we can all agree that the name change to Gamst was a disaster. Has he ever fully recovered? I'm not too sure. His pride and confidence has been smacked after that ridiculous decision. The Pedersen we all remember, was banging goals in left right and centre. Freekicks, volleys from obscene angles, the lot. Gamst on the other hand struggles to hit anything lower than row Q.

2) Hair Choice

Again with the end of Pedersen and beginning of Gamst, we saw the end of the boyband bleach blonde hair, and the beginning of.. Well, what exactly is his current style?

Could his boyband hair have intimated opposing right backs? Could they have feared for Pedersen having a cheeky grope while stuck in the corner, and have therefore given him extra leeway?

We will never know. All we do know, is we all want Pedersen mk II back.

For those slightly lost, here's a list of where we are in the story of MGP.

Pedersen I - Souness's signing from Norway, lightweight and ineffective

Pedersen II - Without doubt the Pedersen we all wish for. Quick, skillful, quality set pieces and worryingly good volleys. (note: this is the Pedersen Spurs wanted).

Gamst I - Suddenly, Pedersen II changes his name. And the Pedersen we all love, suddenly has disappeared. Tries, and tries, but gets nowhere.

Pedersen III - Our current Pedersen. A mix of Pedersen I and Gamst I. Lightweight and totally ineffective, but means well.

Re- Pedersen II- That's the first time I've seen "Pedersen" and "quick" in the same sentence. Even his mum wouldn't say he was quick. His biggest failing is a chronic lack of pace.

Before the Arsenal game the norwegian pl studio said that Pedersen is the premier league player who has scored most goals from free kicks the last 5 years. Thats pretty impressive.

he's in a exclusice company. More assist than becham (beckham with 265 appearances, pedersen with 253, although beckham scored alot more goals)

To abuse a player who are only 8 games away from beating Brad Friedel's record of most rovers appereances in the premier league (he will get the record if we're not relegated) is absolutely discgraceful.

Brilliant work, Puffsan. Those stats speak volumes! proves people arent judging him by his performances on the pitch! :angry:

MGP is a better than decent player. I think criticism is based on frustration that he could be one of the greats but never took that extra step, for whatever reason.

Pedersen is thick skinned. He's been booed by half the norwegian national crowd in a friendly vs finland and ended up scoring the winning goal 3 minutes on overtime, and then giving the crowd the stick afterwards.

never understood why people end up booing at their own players.

I see many people in this thread criticising pedersen alot in this thread, and some of you are the same people who actually protected Chris Samba when he decided to go on strike to get a transfer. I don't know about you, but i would pick a loyal average gamst pedersen rather than a greedy chris samba any day of the week.

I know for a fact that he's been offered alot more money to go to a foreign club, but he really likes it in england and he loves playing for us.

i agree he's not what he used to be, but he is not our weakest link. some of the criticism he gets is uncalled for. I see alot of people criticising his set pieces. Before the Arsenal game the norwegian pl studio said that Pedersen is the premier league player who has scored most goals from free kicks the last 5 years. Thats pretty impressive.

Very interesting. Just goes to show that Pedersen has been, and still is, an important player for us. How people can have him down as a weak link in the team is beyond me. Apart from N'Zonzi, who plays a different role and 90% of his passes are sideways or backwards, who is a better bet in midfield? MGP has been a great servant for the club and a model professional.

If I'd taken every free-kick and corner for seven years, and every long throw for three I would be up there too! ;)

Would be more meaningful if it included assists per game, or per attempt (ie if it takes 5 or 50 corners for 1 assist).

Take those away and he offers not a lot else. Formica or Dunn can take set pieces probably as well as you'd not notice a difference, his "work-rate" is a lot of running around but to little effect (surprising how easily some fans are fooled by a player who looks energetic), Lowe and N'Zonzi are clearly both better centrally, and Marcus Olsson's pace is a far more effective weapon down the left so I just don't see him as anything other than a decent squad player as cover for the first team. No doubt he enjoys being here and has some affection for the club, and if we had the Pedersen of the two-goal Old Trafford season it would be fantastic, but he's a shadow of that and there's just no room for sentiment in Premiership football.

By the way, I'm sure I read somewhere that we get (or used to get) a bonus from a Norwegian TV channel for every game he starts? Would explain why he always starts under our current regime ....

I just don't understand why Rovers fans have to have a player they like to boo, just doesn't make sense.

Especially, as somebody wrote above, when it's usually the person who puts the most graft in during a game.

Guest Rovers4Good

Pedersen could score a hat-trick in every game from now to the end of the season including the winning goal at Chelsea that saves us from relegation and still some folk would think he's not worth a place in the team. But then some folk don't have a clue........

Some folks do have a clue and they pay their hard earned money to watch a footballer that on most occasions this year has let games pass him by.

Yeh he's loyal but the man has need to up his game as he's really not cutting it at the mo. :(

I think he is OK. Is of moderate Premier League class but wouldn't get into a top side. Works hard, great set-pece delivery and occasionally does something great.

Not as often as he used to though. Given our squad I wouldn't leave him out.

I just don't understand why Rovers fans have to have a player they like to boo, just doesn't make sense.

Especially, as somebody wrote above, when it's usually the person who puts the most graft in during a game.

It's in their blood. Think some people still instinctively moan about Roberts and Andrews before realising they're not even at the club anymore.

Think Peds' performances have improved in recent weeks. I shan't comment on the Bolton game because we were terrible all over the pitch.

Archived