BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Morten Gamst Pedersen

• Replies 739
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Generally, people who say the Scottish league is sh1t or League 1 standard or whatever barely watch any Scottish football and if they do it is just Old Firm games.

You seem to be debating this quite a lot on here. In my opinion the two Glasgow clubs would be lower mid table Premier League, the rest of the league is mid table N Power Championship standard at the very best, you just need to look at the scores each week and the ridiculous points gap between the Old Firm teams and the rest of the league (I know this season is an exception given Rangers predicament) to see the gulf.

Anyway back to the thread title, a lot of people seem to want to see the back of Pedersen, I can understand that he is nowhere near the quality of a few seasons back but the big problem is once he goes who on earth would Venkean get in to replace him, it doesn't even bear thinking about. :(

Pedersen had more assists than Hoilett last season in 9 and played most games 37.

He is a very important player for us.

I've got Pedersen down for 4 assists in 33 games.

For someone who takes so many set-pieces, that's shocking.

I mean that its probably due to Kean that Pedersen has been in poor form lately. With a new manager this can change.

Get him playing with a bit of confidence again and he'll be a decent player in the championship. I think he still has a role to play at rovers, but i'm not sure if he'll stay if a prem team come for him.

No Prem side wanted him two years ago when he would have been out of contract. I'd be very surprised if one wanted him now.

I dunno. Big Sam thought he was in the £6m bracket. Maybe he'd like to take him off our hands.

Or maybe not hey Sam?

No Prem side wanted him two years ago when he would have been out of contract. I'd be very surprised if one wanted him now.

with 7-8 years prem experience under his belt i would be surprised if teams like southampton, reading or norwich didn't show an interest. Even bigger clubs like everton or stoke would find him useful as a backup for their first team......

Rangers would have got a right thrashing from Southampton or West Ham or Reading.

Rangers got to the Europa League final a few seasons ago knocking out Werder Bremen, Sporting Lisbon and Fiorentina in the knockout rounds. And that season they had beaten the French Champions Lyon 3-0 in France in the group stages of the Champions League.

Two season ago we pretty comfortably beat QPR and Norwich who would eventually come in the top 2 in the Championship.

They would beat those teams you mentioned and certainly not get a right thrashing.

Birmingham City got further in Europe than any Scottish team.

'Rangers' under Walter Smith were a tough side, they have declined since.

They may be big clubs, but have poor teams.

Whose "they"? Are you including Celtic? They definitely don't have a poor team......better than any bottom half prem team for sure. Not counting Aston Villa as they shouldn't have finished as low as that. Celtic have Kayal, Izaguirre, Ki Sung-Yeung and Hooper alone who are really, really good players.

True that Rangers have declined since then but they would defo beat any Championship side.

Birmigham came 3rd in their group the same as Celtic. Altho Birmingham came behind Club Brugge and Braga and ahead of Maribor while Celtic came behind Athletico Madrid (the eventual winners) and Udinese and ahead of Rennes so it's fair to say Celtic had the harder group.

Whose "they"? Are you including Celtic? They definitely don't have a poor team......better than any bottom half prem team for sure. Not counting Aston Villa as they shouldn't have finished as low as that. Celtic have Kayal, Izaguirre, Ki Sung-Yeung and Hooper alone who are really, really good players.

True that Rangers have declined since then but they would defo beat any Championship side.

Birmigham came 3rd in their group the same as Celtic. Altho Birmingham came behind Club Brugge and Braga and ahead of Maribor while Celtic came behind Athletico Madrid (the eventual winners) and Udinese and ahead of Rennes so it's fair to say Celtic had the harder group.

Hmm. Impossible to say for sure, but I would say player for player every Premiership side is better than Celtic bar a couple of exceptions. With a good manager Celtic could do well - just like Swansea and Norwich have suceeded with good managers - but in terms of playing staff they are at a serious disadvantage to the likes of Villa, Sunderland, Stoke etc etc who have much bigger budgets.

Admittedly I can't say for sure you're right, but I watch loads of premier league games and loads of Rangers and particularly Celtic games. In my opinion Celtic have a better team than West Brom, Swansea, Norwich, Sunderland, Stoke, Wigan and QPR....out of the remaining premier league teams that is. Pretty similar to Fulham and even Everton. Hooper was a better player than Jelavic in Scotland, Kayal is better than Fellaini, Izaguirre is just as good as Baines, same with Ki and Cahill, along with the rest of the squad being pretty similar. If they signed Pienaar permanently then there would probably be a gap. I've watched a lot of games between Celtic and the likes of AC Milan and Barcelona, and even Man Utd, in the Champions League and they are very competitive games. And Celtic have a better squad now than in the last few years, just Neil Lennon isn't that good of a manager.

Those teams you mentioned can pay better wages sure but that doesn't always guarantee a better standard of player and Celtic and Rangers have the prospect of paying in Europe to attract players. I mean Almunia is on 60 grand a week for example.

Admittedly I can't say for sure you're right, but I watch loads of premier league games and loads of Rangers and particularly Celtic games. In my opinion Celtic have a better team than West Brom, Swansea, Norwich, Sunderland, Stoke, Wigan and QPR....out of the remaining premier league teams that is. Pretty similar to Fulham and even Everton. Hooper was a better player than Jelavic in Scotland, Kayal is better than Fellaini, Izaguirre is just as good as Baines, same with Ki and Cahill, along with the rest of the squad being pretty similar. If they signed Pienaar permanently then there would probably be a gap. I've watched a lot of games between Celtic and the likes of AC Milan and Barcelona, and even Man Utd, in the Champions League and they are very competitive games. And Celtic have a better squad now than in the last few years, just Neil Lennon isn't that good of a manager.

Those teams you mentioned can pay better wages sure but that doesn't always guarantee a better standard of player and Celtic and Rangers have the prospect of paying in Europe to attract players. I mean Almunia is on 60 grand a week for example.

There's a huge difference between looking good against Inverness, Dunfermline and St. Mirren than against English Premier League opposition week in week out. Perhaps 3 or 4 of Celtic's team might get into a lower-end Premier League team, the rest are Championship standard at best.

There's a huge difference between looking good against Inverness, Dunfermline and St. Mirren than against English Premier League opposition week in week out. Perhaps 3 or 4 of Celtic's team might get into a lower-end Premier League team, the rest are Championship standard at best.

That's why I mentioned Celtic in the Champions League against top teams. That's what I am basing my argument on about Celtic's players/team being good, their performances in Europe.

Kayal, Izaguirre, Ki, Hooper, Mulgrew, Forrest and Matthews are all really good players, who could easily play for top half premier league teams. The likes of Commons, Stokes, Ledley and Wanyama are also good players who could get into bottom half premier league teams. As well as maybe the likes of Fulham/Everton.

Gamst pedersen will be eaten alive in the championship. The softest player ever. The drake of football aka the future fashion football wear designer aka the hair product harvester aka the only non-bald man on earth who could wear a bathing cap for a day and still have the same great hairday as the day before

I will not talk about his performances on the pitch because it makes me want to rob him steal his very expensive car, and we dont want that, so ill just talk about the fact that he is not a blackburn rovers fan, just as hypocrite as most players telling the press how mort-ified he would be if the club got relegated, only to walk around smiling and laughing after the tottenham game. Those pictures dont lie, dont make him something hes not. The loyalty is down to money (btw, nothing wrong with that) and seniority does not cover up for the terrible performances on the pitch.

Id pay to give him away, after big sam refuses to grab him for free.

• 2 months later...

The PFA Disappointed with Shebby Singhs comment over MGP

http://www.thepfa.co...-gamst-pedersen

"The PFA are very concerned about this situation"

I was going to take the statement seriously, but then I came across this paragraph:

"He should be mindful of bringing the game and the club into disrepute and being completely disrespectful to a player who has served Blackburn Rovers with distinction during his eight year career representing the club in 260 matches and scoring 34 goals."

'Distinction' for 2 maybe 3 years, not 8.

Archived