BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] West Brom V Rovers Preview 7th April 2012

Ozz

• Replies 469
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Movement in the midfield is absoloutley non existent, any time we get the ball everyone just stands still and holds position making it easy for them to defend against. Noticed it especially when N'Zonzi has the ball in the middle, his only options are sideways and backwards.

Our only outlet and when we look like causing any kind of problems is when Hoilett gets the ball.

Come on Rovers!! FFS Chaddy's got a quid on this!

Definition of a true fan - only betting on your own team. :rolleyes:

Get Hoilett playing just behind Yakubu, and not on the wing. He's our most creative player and so we need to free him from defensive responsibilities and just let him hit them where it hurts.

HT - down 1-0.

Lose this then Liverpool to break their bad run on Tuesday...we could be as good as down by this time next week.

Biggest 45 minutes of the season coming up?

Movement in the midfield is absoloutley non existent, any time we get the ball everyone just stands still and holds position making it easy for them to defend against. Noticed it especially when N'Zonzi has the ball in the middle, his only options are sideways and backwards.

Our only outlet and when we look like causing any kind of problems is when Hoilett gets the ball.

that's how nzonzi always plays isn't it?

Obvious change for me, get givet on for lowe, push olsson forward with givet at left back and peds in midfield. West brom clearly dont like pace and lowe just doesnt look like is naturally an attacking player.

Should we carry on with two defensive midfielders?

I'd sacrifice one for another player upfront.

that's how nzonzi always plays isn't it?

Lol, it's true he isn't always the most adventurous of passers but it's easy to see why at times when he has few other options.

Did pick up however in the last 5 when we started to push them back towards their own box.

Massive 45 mins and as always the usual cliche of the next goal being vital.

Sat in the cold and bitterly disappointed so far.

Junior is our only hope playing well, Yak not touched the ball.

Nzonzi is a joke, on his backside during a move and then berates Robbo, sense Robbo will be having words.

I would have took a point before the game, if we do get a point then we're back above Bolton unless they can turn their game around. But to get a point we actually have to do something and that isn't going to happen

We're too reliant on Hoilett. I don't think anyone else has really done much of anything so far.

I'm not sure if I'd move Olsson to LW and bring Givet on at LB because I think he's been playing well defensively. I do agree that we need more pace and attacking play on the right because Peds doesn't offer much going forward. So I'd either bring Formica on for Peds or for Lowe (and move Peds into Lowe's position).

Definatly need to get givet on for lowe and move him to left back and push olsson forward. I honestly think if we can keep up our play in the 2nd half west brom are there for the taking. Also noticed if we go back to defence we use Hanley as he can pass very well unlike Dann.

I do like Lowe as a player but his short passing in an attacking sence isnt very good, his long passing his ok but he is only young and has time to develop into a much better player but dont think this is the game for him and we need to get some more pace upfront prefrebly Martin not Marcus.

Maybe going 2 upfront with Modeste and Yakubu would not be a bad idea either.

But knowing Kean formica for dunn is the only change we will see.

• Backroom

The players need to try and motivate themselves at half time, Eric Black needs to give them some direction. This does not look like a team fighting for their lives - there's no energy in our play at all.

Why has Kean messed around with the formation again? We lose every time we play like this but he keeps going back to it. We have Hoilett on the left and Peds on the right, both out of position. Surely anyone can see that Hoilett has to be in the middle as half the time he is getting the ball on the half way line where he's too far from goal to make anything happen. get him up front. Even without making a sub we could stick Peds on the left and Lowe on the right.

On saying that Dann and Dunn missed really good chances there. We were poor for the first 20 minutes or so but dominated after that but with 1 up front the threat just isn't there.

Poor 1st 20 mins, much more even since then. Referees a homer. Not a sniff for the Yak yet, but Hoilett looking dangerous. West Brom have only conceded 4 goals all season from set pieces, so what do we do every time we get a free kick but boot it towards their goal. Dann missed his usual sitter from a free header and Mulumbu rugby tackles players without punishment. Lowe doing nothing but has a Keith Lemon bandage for some reason.

We are still in the game though, just need more belief when going forwards.

I would take lowey out. Bring on formica and shift pedersen into the middle. he has a calmness about him that lowe doesn't. this will allow Nzonzi to push on more as well. I've always been a fan of Formica. Might as well put Goodwille on for Dunn and play 4-4-2.

I would take lowey out. Bring on formica and shift pedersen into the middle. he has a calmness about him that lowe doesn't. this will allow Nzonzi to push on more as well. I've always been a fan of Formica. Might as well put Goodwille on for Dunn and play 4-4-2.

Dunn has been our best player IMO, no need to take him off any sooner than needed.

Archived