BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Rovers Vs Liverpool 10/04/12 Preview

DE.

• Replies 692
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think having Formica on there is making it 10 v 10.

Hopefully I'm wrong but I wouldn't be surprised if the second half is a damp squib with Liverpool's 10 more than matching our 11 and they nick another goal for a 3-1 win.

Formica has done nothing for months. Goodness knows why he is picked.

HT 1-2.

Bloody awful

Amazingly lucky to be back in this game - for all the people who think there's some kind of refereeing conspiracy against Rovers, this one seems to have given everything in our favour.

Hoilett has been impressive today against his possible future employers.

Dunn was massively off the pace and cost us two goals before Pool's reshape allowed him more time on the ball and he's not been as bad towards the end of the half.

Yakubu's penalty was the worst I've seen in a long, long time - why not make it count in such an important game?

I'd get Dunn and Formica off and get two properly attacking mobile players on the pitch - not seen the bench, but people like Rochina or Vuckevic (sp?) would be ideal.

Even MGP would be an improvement.

If Kean had any idea how to manage, this game would be very winnable now.

Over to you, Manager of the Year...

Joke of a first half to be honest, Liverpool were playing with all the time in the world for the last 10 mins. How they can play cross field balls with so much space when they have a man less on the pitch I do not know.

What's also annoying is that Flannigan was substituted for their third choice keeper. He shouldn't even have been on the pitch by that point, another example of a referee bricking it? That challenge on Olsson would have been a yellow any day of the week, at the end of the day he was late and took the man. My understanding is that a yellow is awarded as a final warning before a red, ie. "enough of that nonsense sunshine or you're off". So to then get a verbal warning AFTER getting a yellow.. :rock:

Amazingly lucky to be back in this game - for all the people who think there's some kind of refereeing conspiracy against Rovers, this one seems to have given everything in our favour.

Hoilett has been impressive today against his possible future employers.

Dunn was massively off the pace and cost us two goals before Pool's reshape allowed him more time on the ball and he's not been as bad towards the end of the half.

Yakubu's penalty was the worst I've seen in a long, long time - why not make it count in such an important game?

I'd get Dunn and Formica off and get two properly attacking mobile players on the pitch - not seen the bench, but people like Rochina or Vuckevic (sp?) would be ideal.

Even MGP would be an improvement.

If Kean had any idea how to manage, this game would be very winnable now.

Over to you, Manager of the Year...

Dunn and Formica off, Pedersen and Rochina on. We really should be going for it now.

I'd go 4-3-3 and try and batter them. Maybe not straight away but after 60 minutes. We gotta stop with the useless crosses though. Get Rochina on and have him and Hoilett run at them and try and open them up.

Disagree. You play 10 men by stretching them wide. Needs a wide right-sided player who can cross like Olsson. Trouble is we don't have one.

Playing 10 men will be the only way this defence looks ok, and even then I fully expect Liverpool to score again tonight, Bellamy, Shelvey and Maxi all looking up for it. Rovers have to come out of the traps flying 2nd half, maybe look to make a change, I suspect Liverpool might also make a change at the break to accomodate their situation better.

Yak with the worst penalty in the prem maybe? Made up for it sort of but really should have been to make it 2-2.

If Venky's are there then I sincerely hope it is to discuss the sale of the club with an interested party and by the summer they will be gone.

To put this into perspective, this is liverpool reserves we are playing. We are simply not premiership quality anymore. No excuses if and when we get relegated. This game is not over though after that sending off.

Let's hope wayne wild and the two ian's can have a word with the brothers after the game about doing a deal for the club.

Unsure Rochina would make the difference here, maybe if he was just up top with Yak and had no defensive responsibilities, because lets face it if he tries to dribble the ball out from defence like he used to when he was a regular in the first team i think it'd kill us of

• Backroom

He's probably the best useless player we ever had then

Was raging after that horrific penalty, understandably really :P his limitations have been all too obvious in recent games though, when he isn't scoring he offers very little. I don't mind him not keeping himself fit and being lazy if he scores when required, but that penalty... wow, just wow.

The problem yet again is the defence. Kean has twattered on for months about keeping clean sheets yet we continue to concede soft goals. As always he talks a good game but does not have the nous to back it up.

Yak always waits for the keeper to move before slotting it in, we've discussed it. Jones knows him well from boro and just didn't move. Still doesn't excuse such a poor finish.

We're shooting into the Blackburn end fr the second half. Maybe just maybe we can get something out of this.

Still think flanagan was a very lucky boy to not get a second yellow. Olsson seemed to jump up to tell the ref not to book him. Only saw it briefly but that's what it looked like.

• Backroom

Their left back had to be sent off it was so blatant

The problem yet again is the defence. Kean has twattered on for months about keeping clean sheets yet we continue to concede soft goals. As always he talks a good game but does not have the nous to back it up.

Lets not forget this weeks little gem about how we will be working on starting the match at a higher standard. I dunno what our pre-match routine is, but i wouldn't be at all surprised if there are 11 hammocks in our dressing room.

Archived