BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Rumours that staff have not been paid

• Replies 291
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Facebook comment.

People sent home today from rovers, and people still not been paid for work done........... They have told my cus that he will be paid next week, he's never been paid late before and never been told to go home at dinner before. And sky sports news where hanging about what for who knows... Only saying before you start maybe be nothing but funny how they seem to be messing people about eh.

If they were sent home and have a contract, it will cost Rovers dearly!!

Everything points to money being really tight. Senior players were barred from playing because of finances. Most significantly for me is the behavior of Barclays. They will have a very detailed knowledge of our finances and the way they are desperately trying to claw their money back from us (even threatening to cut off our overdraft) suggests problems. Barclay's are no fools.

In a nutshell..... and something that became apparent as long ago as last May with the money received for Phil Jones. Barclays obviously smelled a rat way back then.

Facebook comment.

People sent home today from rovers, and people still not been paid for work done........... They have told my cus that he will be paid next week, he's never been paid late before and never been told to go home at dinner before. And sky sports news where hanging about what for who knows... Only saying before you start maybe be nothing but funny how they seem to be messing people about eh.

If correct, this is extremely bad news.

Do you have a link ?

is there any evidence of this???

lots of rumours since venkys took over!

It's all around you !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Most of our premier league money goes on wages. Matchday revenue is about 5m so a drop in the ocean. The bank loans should be nearly cleared from the kalinic, samba and Jones money. I believe before they were sold the debt was 26m and it's worth pointing out that the transfer money we received is not in one lump sum. Any spare cash went on transfer fees and agent fees plus pay offs to jw, allardyce etc. Not forgetting we made a near 20m loss last year so not much money left after all these things are taken into consideration.

There are groups interested in buying the club. Local consortiums

Like who? Local consortiums with how much cash? i'd like to buy it but evry time i think that i wake up!!

We are talking huge sums and losses after massive player sales so who has the clout to run this properly.? I can't believe there is anyone serious who has the cash to pull it off who hasnt been sniffing glue for 2 yrs.

And what makes a 'decent offer' to these Indian half wits? More chance they will sell what assets they can to claw back as much as they can and then stuff us all out of sight. I think the term used is asset stripping or have i nodded off again??

Decent means getting most of their cash back and a face saving exit strategy--------- They are joking the club is a wreck

All the staff I know at Ewood get paid monthly on the 25th. Anyway, let's chuck some petrol around and start some fires ...

Get to bed Steve, big game Saturday and we will need your tactical genius to be at its best. Sleep tight sweet Prince!

PS. Did you remember to feed the dog and put the cat out?

Thinking that through then we should be virtually debt free - even ignoring player sale money. Why would the banks be so uptight still?

Venkys will not get back what they paid for the club and are surely only hanging around for the prize money for finishing in the bottom 3. In fact relegation is actually better for Venkys as they can quietly slip away out of the spotlight.

We probably are virtually debt free now and I'd imagine the bank is feeling less twitchy now. I would assume last summer that they saw the direction the club was heading and thought they had to claw back the money this year or they may never see that money again. That's also the reason why I don't think they will extend our credit facility beyond this summer and Venky's will struggle to get a new credit facility.

Conceivably, Venky's could make their money back. They paid around 25m for the club and the club is probably worth about 10-15m now. That would leave around a 10-15 deficit of what they paid for the club. That could be clawed back by taking the money from player sales. Say, sell n'zonzi, Olsson and dann and you probably make around 10-15m add to the 10-15m you could make from selling the club and you have your money back.

Under the last regime, there would have been massive job cuts had relegation happened - and I know this is true as my brother-in-law worked for the club before moving on to a bigger, properly run club and was told such.

So under this lot of blaggers and jokers, the staff must be bricking it about now.

So many livlihoods put at risk, when it was all completely avoidable.

And all the while, the smug Kean sits on his wholly undeserved pile of cash...

For people that don't think anything underhand is happening at the club then consider how we can't play senior players due to finances yet a failing manager gets a pay rise. Quite significant for me is that they wanted to keep that secret.

Jerome Andersons son is bought and put on the pay roll. A friend of the brazilian fixer, bruno ribiero, is bought and put on the pay roll. Number of games - 0.

Jerome Andersons friend and client, steve kean, promoted to manager after having no managerial experience.

Jerome Anderson pleads his innocence on live tv.

Can we prove and rules have been broken? Not yet but 'leakage' is there.

For people that don't think anything underhand is happening at the club then consider how we can't play senior players due to finances yet a failing manager gets a pay rise. Quite significant for me is that they wanted to keep that secret.

Jerome Andersons son is bought and put on the pay roll. A friend of the brazilian fixer, bruno ribiero, is bought and put on the pay roll. Number of games - 0.

Jerome Andersons friend and client, steve kean, promoted to manager after having no managerial experience.

Jerome Anderson pleads his innocence on live tv.

Can we prove and rules have been broken? Not yet but 'leakage' is there.

Yup and some still give Kean and the Rao family the benefit of the doubt.

Greed, money making and a conflict of interest all played a part.

Most of our premier league money goes on wages. Matchday revenue is about 5m so a drop in the ocean. The bank loans should be nearly cleared from the kalinic, samba and Jones money. I believe before they were sold the debt was 26m and it's worth pointing out that the transfer money we received is not in one lump sum. Any spare cash went on transfer fees and agent fees plus pay offs to jw, allardyce etc. Not forgetting we made a near 20m loss last year so not much money left after all these things are taken into consideration.

There are groups interested in buying the club. Local consortiums

Decent means getting most of their cash back and a face saving exit strategy

If that is correct, then they should be going to barcleys and try to force a sale of the club. The old liverpool owners were not willing sellers. The courts and bank forced them out. Maybe these consortiums should do the same with Rovers.

If that is correct, then they should be going to barcleys and try to force a sale of the club. The old liverpool owners were not willing sellers. The courts and bank forced them out. Maybe these consortiums should do the same with Rovers.

I'm not fully clued up on the liverpool situation but rovers are now virtually debt free. If the loan we had with Barclays had not been virtually paid off by this summer then I believe they would have put pressure on Venky's to sell the club. After june 30th 2012, it is unlikely the club will have any connection to Barclay's.

One thing that could force Venky's hand in the summer is their inability to get credit for the club. It was well documented they tried to set up a new credit facility in january but failed. Next season we are likely to be a championship club so they are really going to struggle to set up a new credit facility in the summer.

Another potential avenue for exploration is how they funded the purchase of the club. I believe they funded it through a loan with ICICI bank. What the terms of the loan are and when it is due to be paid back, I do not know.

The walkers trust could also take venkys to court over the breach of contract they have made on their initial agreement when buying the club. Potentially, they could wrestle the club back.

Richard Matthewman and some very rich people are behind one of the parties very interested in buying back the club, but he will not be seen as the figure head.

There are some very wealthy people interested. The really frustrating thing is why they didn't buy the club 2 years ago.

Must be wonderful to be in such a happy place Chaddy.

my life is really good at the minute thanks.

everything going right about from the rovers position!

we need venkys and kean to leave as quick as possible.

Wanted rid of venkys because of the lack of investment in squad in the summer after being promise to spend big by Kean at the end of season interview on SSN!

Kean has to go as manager on his win percentage record which is shocking to say the least!

Archived