BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Rumours that staff have not been paid

I cannot see an Indian bank lending to a UK plc.

There are still Rupee exchange controls for a start.

My gut feel is moving Rovers banking relationship to India is a more far fetched scenario than the people saying they have not been paid.

Control over the banking relationships might have been taken completely away from Karen Silk and moved to India with the result that the signatories could not be found in time to pay a bunch of weekly paid staff. That is just about possible but I bet Barclays are extremely uncomfortable if indeed that is what has happened and there is no officer in the UK they can address for redress.

• Replies 291
  • Created
  • Last Reply

India or Blackburn, staff should be paid bottom line, to not pay staff is disgusting.

I just wish fans would get angry about all thats going on, we need angry people making statements at matches from now until the end of the season, but it won't happen sadly.

India or Blackburn, staff should be paid bottom line, to not pay staff is disgusting.

I just wish fans would get angry about all thats going on, we need angry people making statements at matches from now until the end of the season, but it won't happen sadly.

Precisely Gav but some posters think we have been too angry....

You missed it GAV, you must have blinked. It went straight from ignorance to apathy. Anger was the Bolton match just in between.

Was told yesterday by a club official who I believe that this is complete nonsense and everyone has been paid, there is no issue's with staff's wages at present,

I must add he freely brought it up without me even asking the question after he had read the rumours etc

And they have told us lots and lots in the past and seemingly, we were misled !!!!!

It's speculated that three departments were not paid, at least on time.

A hiccup or a hiatus ?

I think we'll know soon enough.

Makes you wonder how these rumours start - what else is just rumour. We just do not know these days.

And that, for this old fogey [and one definitely not in the know about what goes on at Ewood/Brockhall], is one of the worst facets of t'Interweb. Because of the immediacy and breadth of it, a rumour which might, in the old days, just have had limited circulation seems to become an accepted fact without any verification.

Don't make me angry you wouldn't like me when I'm angry

My understanding of the situation (after gleaming what has been written on here and on twitter) is that some staff were not paid on time whereas others were. What is still not completely clear is whether this was due to a processing error or financial reasons. I strongly suspect at this stage it is simply just a processing error as we should have quite a bit of working capital for the forseeable future. The next 6-12 months should be interesting, however. I suspect money will become very tight then if Venky's don't sell up.

I am a steward and i can confirm that we were paid on Friday it usually goes in at midnight but was late going in and was after dinner when it did get paid and the payments have come from an Indian Bank

Interesting

Can you tell from your bank statement/payslip which Indian bank it is? ICICI? Bank of India?

no when i rung up to query why i hadnt been paid was told was going in later in the day as the time of the BACS run had changed

i also think it is an indian branch as statement is state bank of india MAI which i would assume is Mumbai i maybe wrong with that

Archived