BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Rumours that staff have not been paid

• Replies 291
  • Created
  • Last Reply

So as there's been nothing in the mainstram or local press about staff not being paid, can we assume that this thread is merely the latest in a long line of baseless conspiracy theory rumours?

Have you been taken by the venky brainwashing propaganda machine? Where are they holding you and we can rustle some lads up and rescue you .

I do not believe this. I think we would have heard something in the media by now. Somebody would have been unhappy and spoken.

It just appears that some folk got paid a bit late becaue of changing the bank - but were paid.

Can you prove this as incorrect? Or is it only brag that needs proof?

I'm sure Philip can fight his own battles so I'm not speaking for him here.

So why have they moved the banking to India? Because Barclays are concerned? and (we're all concerned, with good reason I suspect, look at the table) you can hardly blame them in the current economic climate.

If Barclays have good reason for mistrusting the Venkeymob (which I'm sure they will have) then no other reputable bank from the civilised world will touch them with a bargepole.

Await the outcry if, (IMO) probability high, some Rovers' Admin jobs get transferred to India !!! ;)

So whats wrong with that? Rem the philosophy over there.... eees betta eees cheeepah.

Oh wait, we've lost 11 home games, most our of better and experienced players have been shown the door to save money and we are virtually relegated - perhaps the rumours are true after all.

Those are actually facts which I'm not sure helps prove or disprove a rumour about whether or not 250-odd employees have or have not been paid and, if so, from which branch.

Personally, if that many people were a week overdue in being paid, I strongly suspect it would be now in the factual rather than rumour stage.

I must ask my friend at Land Rover if he still gets paid via British Leyland's old bank or if one of Ford or Tata changed things to their bank.

I do not believe this. I think we would have heard something in the media by now. Somebody would have been unhappy and spoken.

It just appears that some folk got paid a bit late becaue of changing the bank - but were paid.

By jove, I think you've got it, Holmes!

There's been nothing in the mainstream press to suggest that Kean can't manage or that Desai doesn't know how to run a football club. Perhaps they're the latest in a long line of baseless conspiracy theory rumours? Oh wait, we've lost 11 home games, most our of better and experienced players have been shown the door to save money and we are virtually relegated - perhaps the rumours are true after all.

The problem is the conspiracy theories and wild accusations dilute the real issues to tackle as they get submerged in nonsense.

Maybe that is actually the real reason the rumours are started? Hide the fact with bluster and the rumourmongers are actually Venkys inner circle.

Lets face it, has anyone ever seen ABBEY and Mrs D in the same room at the same time? Of course not, as THEY ARE THE SAME PERSON!!!

Miker, there's one aspect in this discussion that you underestimate, and that is the passion that surrounds the local football club in England. There is nothing that even come close in Australia, not even an Aussie Rules club. It's something that you've got to witness first hand over several years. It's being on the terraces, the away travel, the pub before/after the game, the workplace, the home. It really is a big big part of Blackburn, probably the biggest. Remember, this is a town of some 100,000 people, half the size of my local government area here. It's England's Chiavo. The obnoxious upstart that shouldn't be there, an annoyance to the big city clubs that want it their way.

Dave, I have a lot of respect for your posts and I agree with what you have said. I know it seems like I'm underestimating the passion, but I am simply intentionally keeping it out of the discussion.

d. They've "put in" apparently - do we have proof? Other than they've sold Jones, Kalinic, Samba, got shut of some high earners. All that money is sitting safely in a BRFC bank account now is it? Either way what they have "put in" is what they messed up with last year. Whatever that was and where exactly it all went I'm looking forward to seeing.

The proof is in our accounts at Companies House in black and white, so yes we do. All that money is being lovingly caressed right now by the lovely people in Barclays I'm sure.

They purchased an asset with debts therefore this is not an investment. The £15m last season was at best £10m to solve debt issues of various kinds and £5 on players (though I doubt that)

It doesn't matter what the 15m goes on. The debt doesn't appear out of thin air, it's wracked up due to club spending. So it's not at best, it's just a fact.

This demonstrates an enormous ability to jump to the wrong conclusion and is, frankly, utter nonsense. I can't believe anyone discussing this aspect of Rovers can come up with such complete and utter rubbish. I have to say this, and your continued approval of Venky's in various forms, makes me wonder who is posting here?

First of all, bob is perfectly capable of responding back to me himself without you butting in. Secondly, you have obviosuly taken what I have said in completely the wrong way (maybe I should have had a more detailed disclaimer?) because your response to it is ridiculous.

Bob's exact words:

"Halifax have a Blackburn branch, employing Blackburn people. Same with Barclays. That's the point."

I have to wonder what point you think he is making here? And also what point you think I am making?

Also what exactly are you accusing me of? Define "approval".

My point was in response to Miker who said they were putting thier own capital in, my understanding is debt has been paid down by transfer money, Jones etc.

Both statements are true aren't they? They have used some of their own money to pay off debts and some money from transfers as well. Don't forget that we probably spent another 10-15mil on players in the summer, so some of the player sales went on that too. I have said this before, the true indication of their intentions will be whether or not they invest to make us a Category A club as far as youth infrastructure goes. It will show whether or not they are prepared to invest into the future of the club and playing staff.

Not really. I don't think anyone in India really cares about Venky's owning Rovers.

Why would that matter? If something like adminstration happens, then it's the Bank of India that loses out financially and they'll be chasing after Venky's. It's obviously going to impact the Raos badly at all levels if that happens.

The problem is the conspiracy theories and wild accusations dilute the real issues to tackle as they get submerged in nonsense.

Exactly. This is the only point I have been trying to emphasise in the last few months.

Why is it important that they put their money in to make us a Category A youth set up up if we have no club left? As a championship club, we won't get paid fairly for any youngsters we bring through anyway - the lower league clubs were done over by the PL on that last year.

Dave, I have a lot of respect for your posts and I agree with what you have said. I know it seems like I'm underestimating the passion, but I am simply intentionally keeping it out of the discussion.

Why? For what reason? Will that allow you to somehow make some sense of Venky's actions? Because, my word, your trying ever so hard. You're really routing for them aren't you?

First of all, bob is perfectly capable of responding back to me himself without you butting in. Secondly, you have obviosuly taken what I have said in completely the wrong way (maybe I should have had a more detailed disclaimer?) because your response to it is ridiculous.

Bob's exact words:

"Halifax have a Blackburn branch, employing Blackburn people. Same with Barclays. That's the point."

I have to wonder what point you think he is making here? And also what point you think I am making?

And I have to ask you where you are going with this? The sentence in bold above - really? Did you not read my responses to your posts? Particularly post 215 where I responded to "And no I'm not accusing you of racism or xenophobia" (which is just great that - what an accolade) and post 227?

Obviously you must have done. So why ask that question in bold - again? Yes you've touched a nerve. You're bang out of order and I suggest you wind your neck in.

Meanwhile you carry on defending Venky's actions in the name of playing devils advocate.

Why is it important that they put their money in to make us a Category A youth set up up if we have no club left? As a championship club, we won't get paid fairly for any youngsters we bring through anyway - the lower league clubs were done over by the PL on that last year.

A friends son is in the Rovers youth set up and he said to me on Sunday that Rovers are selling more young players now than he has ever seen, some kids going for £200K. Is this another sign of the Venky's taking more money out through other means?

Why? For what reason? Will that allow you to somehow make some sense of Venky's actions? Because, my word, your trying ever so hard. You're really routing for them aren't you?

Because there's plenty of people on this messageboard making passionate posts who are far better placed to do so than I am. Why bother posting at all if I am just going to parrot what everyone else has to say? I choose to post my opinion primarily where it hasn't been expressed by others. Is that ok by you?

I don't need to make sense of Venky's actions.

And I have to ask you where you are going with this? The sentence in bold above - really? Did you not read my responses to your posts? Particularly post 215 where I responded to "And no I'm not accusing you of racism or xenophobia" (which is just great that - what an accolade) and post 227?

Obviously you must have done. So why ask that question in bold - again? Yes you've touched a nerve. You're bang out of order and I suggest you wind your neck in.

Meanwhile you carry on defending Venky's actions in the name of playing devils advocate.

I've touched a nerve by doing what? By understanding your concern that the owners are moving their operations from local businesses to their own home in India? That these companies they have chosen have no relation or attachment to the town or the club? I don't even know how I can touch a nerve by agreeing with what you've said.

A friends son is in the Rovers youth set up and he said to me on Sunday that Rovers are selling more young players now than he has ever seen, some kids going for £200K. Is this another sign of the Venky's taking more money out through other means?

IMO, if correct, would confirm my view that the club is absolutely desperate for cash as shown with the totally absurdly conceived Season Ticket scheme.

Miker, sorry to rise to the bait but please do and read the last published accounts with the year on year comparisons.

Then come back and tell us that in black and white it shows that Venky's were making a complete horlicks of running the club.

Both statements are true aren't they? They have used some of their own money to pay off debts and some money from transfers as well. Don't forget that we probably spent another 10-15mil on players in the summer, so some of the player sales went on that too. I have said this before, the true indication of their intentions will be whether or not they invest to make us a Category A club as far as youth infrastructure goes. It will show whether or not they are prepared to invest into the future of the club and playing staff.

The accounts show that Venkys London Ltd injected capital into Rovers, Not the Raos. Now where Venkys London got the cash from is the question. We'll find out shortly when accounts are lodged at companies house. But 1 possible explanation could be that it is through loans using Rovers assets and season ticket income. Which should be fun with low season ticket sales etc and really would screw us over.

Archived