BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Rumours that staff have not been paid

• Replies 291
  • Created
  • Last Reply

There are some very wealthy people interested. The really frustrating thing is why they didn't buy the club 2 years ago.

One thing that would give people a lift now, is for these people started speaking publicly. At the momemt it is just rumours on top of other rumours.

Fans need hope, staff at the club need hope that if things go worse than they are now. That there are people ready to pick up the pieces. Therefore the time is right for these people - consortiums - to come forward publicly. Wayne Wild has done so, therefore so should these others.

I'm not fully clued up on the liverpool situation but rovers are now virtually debt free. If the loan we had with Barclays had not been virtually paid off by this summer then I believe they would have put pressure on Venky's to sell the club. After june 30th 2012, it is unlikely the club will have any connection to Barclay's.

One thing that could force Venky's hand in the summer is their inability to get credit for the club. It was well documented they tried to set up a new credit facility in january but failed. Next season we are likely to be a championship club so they are really going to struggle to set up a new credit facility in the summer.

Another potential avenue for exploration is how they funded the purchase of the club. I believe they funded it through a loan with ICICI bank. What the terms of the loan are and when it is due to be paid back, I do not know.

The walkers trust could also take venkys to court over the breach of contract they have made on their initial agreement when buying the club. Potentially, they could wrestle the club back.

I would not hold my breath about walkers taking action. They could have done this ages ago. But they are not interested.

There are some very wealthy people interested. The really frustrating thing is why they didn't buy the club 2 years ago.

thats the thing, where were these people when the club were for sell before!

we the fans have to hope that we get new owners whatever division we are in!!!

Couldn't agree more, but like most people they didn't envisage things being as bad as this and thought the club had past over to good people that would take care of the club as promised!

The source is very good, but how far the club falls before the Venky's decide to sell is anyones guess.

Very good, hope it comes true.

One thing that would give people a lift now, is for these people started speaking publicly. At the momemt it is just rumours on top of other rumours.

Fans need hope, staff at the club need hope that if things go worse than they are now. That there are people ready to pick up the pieces. Therefore the time is right for these people - consortiums - to come forward publicly. Wayne Wild has done so, therefore so should these others.

I agree

That would be nice if they came out publicly. But the Rao's are strange people and I think they feel it would scupper their bid as venkys would refuse to talk to anyone who came out publically.

The walkers trust could also take venkys to court over the breach of contract they have made on their initial agreement when buying the club. Potentially, they could wrestle the club back.

Chance of this is either Slim or None and Slim's outta town...

They spent years trying to get rid of us and then sold us to Venky's. They must be delighted to be out of it.

I am still hearing that the 2 Ian's are very much in the mix ( and they are mates of Matthewman)but there isn't a hope in hell they'll go public -its just not their style with the business they run.And why would they open themselves up to public scrutiny before they have to?. I am as impatient as anyone to know whats going to happen but i don't think its realistic until at least Venkys do the right thing (for once in their lives).In fact i doubt those that do come forward in public more than those that keep their powder dry.For starters its a totally different deal in the C'ship than it is in the PL and until you know what the deal might be to get Venkys out then no party could possibly make a sensible comment.

Clearly waiting for the stock to hit rock bottom and then look to strike, makes perfect sense.

Makes perfect sense to an investor. Makes no sense to a fan.

It will cost a hell of a lot more money to get us back into the PL than it would have cost to keep us up - although that ship has now sailed.

We are now at the point where we need someone to come in who can sustain us as a midtable Championship club, with the odd play off challenge.

We probably are virtually debt free now and I'd imagine the bank is feeling less twitchy now. I would assume last summer that they saw the direction the club was heading and thought they had to claw back the money this year or they may never see that money again. That's also the reason why I don't think they will extend our credit facility beyond this summer and Venky's will struggle to get a new credit facility.

Conceivably, Venky's could make their money back. They paid around 25m for the club and the club is probably worth about 10-15m now. That would leave around a 10-15 deficit of what they paid for the club. That could be clawed back by taking the money from player sales. Say, sell n'zonzi, Olsson and dann and you probably make around 10-15m add to the 10-15m you could make from selling the club and you have your money back.

I believe Rovers will be at or desperately close to the Barclays £10m overdraft limit when the April wages go out.

Under the last regime, there would have been massive job cuts had relegation happened - and I know this is true as my brother-in-law worked for the club before moving on to a bigger, properly run club and was told such.

which club???

Good grief - could you imagine if the Financial people at Rovers were using "we need to avoid paying win/clean sheet bonuses" as a budgeting position?

I suspect there wont be a severence pay off for Kean should we go down and Venkys finally do the right thing

I suspect there wont be a severence pay off for Kean should we go down and Venkys finally do the right thing

But wouldn't the League Managers' Association take up his case and force some sort of payment to him?

But wouldn't the League Managers' Association take up his case and force some sort of payment to him?

Not if it was written into his contract that he would not be entitled to a severence package should the club be relegated or if they try get rid for Gross Misconduct.

Archived