BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Robinson to WBA

chaddyrovers

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If we go down, what do people expect to happen? We only have about 4/5 players who would be of any interest to other premier league sides and Robinson is one of them. It'd be no surprise whatsoever if he left.

Thats about right Morten , 5 at the most !!

why good????????????/

Robinson is top player for us and fans favourite

He's not had a great season by any standard, he's not on his own there though. Earlier this season he was bottom of the shots to saves stats in the Prem. He's been beaten from distance far too often for my liking. Not a great loss.

How many players would I seriously by upset about if they left ? Not many. We need to start again I'm afraid. 20 years hard work thrown away in less than 20 months.

He's not had a great season by any standard, he's not on his own there though. Earlier this season he was bottom of the shots to saves stats in the Prem. He's been beaten from distance far too often for my liking. Not a great loss.

How many players would I seriously by upset about if they left ? Not many. We need to start again I'm afraid. 20 years hard work thrown away in less than 20 months.

I agree, if and when we do go down we do need to start again. Robinson has looked out of shape all season, I think he is in a comfort zone at Rovers and it would be best for both parties if he did have a fresh start at another premier league club next season.

I agree, if and when we do go down we do need to start again. Robinson has looked out of shape all season, I think he is in a comfort zone at Rovers and it would be best for both parties if he did have a fresh start at another premier league club next season.

I'm surprised so many people are content to see Robinson leave if we go down (I even saw someone suggest he should be player of the season, which astonished me)- but I'm completely with them. He has recovered some form in the latter half of the season, but early on he was poor, and an important part of why we were where we were (and still are). A shadow of his brilliance last season. I feel that Bunn would be more than able in the Championship (and probably shouldn't have been dropped when he was), and we couldn't really afford to carry Robbo's wage. If Robbo stays, we will only end up losing Bunn, and I think he could be a cracker for years to come. Anyone remember how we lost a certain Shay Given (albeit younger)?

• Backroom

Wouldn't be sad to see him leave if we go down.

He's a decent enough keeper but not a massive difference maker.

I know we have been spoilt but Friedel was worth so much to us in points every season but I just think Robbo is pretty replaceable.

Bunn and Jake Kean are 2 very good keepers and would do a good job in whichever league we are in next season.

I'm a big fan of Robinson. very good keeper who gives his all for the club and always comes to thanks the fans for the support. model pro aswell

I remember reading an interview from Robbo saying he wanted to play in the Prem all his career and didnt want to end his career in the lower leagues. Especially now hes retired from England he will deffo want to stay in the top league

Robbo's overrated. Good shot-stopper and can't half lump it, but he concedes some really sloppy goals and has problems getting down low. I'd be more than happy to have Bunn between the sticks for The Championship.

I haven't read the article but I guess it depends on whether Birmingham get promoted, if not West Brom will probably sign Ben Foster, but I still imagine he'll move to another Premier League club

do we think the Robinson has been a good pro for rovers and appreitice that he has always come and clap the fans at the end of the game whatever the result as been???

Do we all think that Bunn and Jake Kean are good replacement and which one is the better keeper???

do we think the Robinson has been a good pro for rovers and appreitice that he has always come and clap the fans at the end of the game whatever the result as been???

Do we all think that Bunn and Jake Kean are good replacement and which one is the better keeper???

I couldn't give a b------s wether he claps the fans or not as long he keeps a clean sheet. I don't get this trend for the players to clap the fans, what the ---- for ?

I have to admit although he might come over and clap the fans at the end that does not make him a good goalkeeper. He does make many errors e.g. against Chelsea when Mikel (I think) shot from miles out although it was in the corner he should really have got down to it and saved it even against Everton (I think) he got beat at his near post by Arteta from a free-kick for me he makes too many mistakes I think Bunn/Kean could probably do a better job in the championship.

Robbo's overrated. Good shot-stopper and can't half lump it, but he concedes some really sloppy goals and has problems getting down low. I'd be more than happy to have Bunn between the sticks for The Championship.

Bunn's perfect for the Championship because that is his level and that is where we are headed. If we have ambitions to return to the PL we should be looking to retain the likes of Robinson. Robinson's a top Premier League goalie and although I like West Brom if we do go down he can do better than Albion.

Bunn's perfect for the Championship because that is his level and that is where we are headed. If we have ambitions to return to the PL we should be looking to retain the likes of Robinson. Robinson's a top Premier League goalie and although I like West Brom if we do go down he can do better than Albion.

If he's that good Jim better teams than WBA should be lining up to sign him. We'll see.

Archived