BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Tottenham Hotspur vs. Blackburn Rovers

• Replies 929
  • Created
  • Last Reply

So you wanted Williams out (a much bigger loss than Allardyce) - guess that makes you an uber-cretin?

For the love of all that's holy - sacking Sam IS NOT the reason we are where we are today - replacing him with, and stubbornly sticking with (despite consistently bad results) someone as utterly inept as Kean IS.

You seem reasonably intelligent, so why are you and your little chum Drog finding this so hard to grasp??

You got what you wanted. Live with it.

His sacking was not, in itself, the cause. If he'd been sacked and replaced with David Moyes (for example) we wouldn't be in the position we are now. We can all argue about Allardyce's footballing philosophy until next week but it was the decision to replace him with - and continue to support - an amateur no-mark like Kean that will see us relegated.

Time and again I asked the question 'who would come to BRFC with more experience and with our transfer budget. Suffice to say I never got a valid answer.

He was pimping himself around the Middle-East in the summer before Venky's were ever in the picture so he wouldn't have needed much of a push IMO.

:rolleyes:

Everybody in professional football pimps themselves around.

Time and again I asked the question 'who would come to BRFC with more experience and with our transfer budget. Suffice to say I never got a valid answer.

So you don't think that someone like Bernd Schuster (you have a nack of browsing over those who might of been interested and slating everyone who comes up with a name you feel might be silly) would of been interested? The dude made it big by turning clubs round, is friends with Salgado, has a very good track record, would not of been overly expensive (half of the fee we paid for the likes of Goodwillie imo) fit the attacking style of football but might of been a bit argumentative *shrug* but has taken jobs with bad owners and low transfer budgets. Reckon plenty of others out there would of leaped at the chance as well especially given your own comment on more experience, frankly I have more experience at least I managed a pub level football team unlike old Keano who probably finds the positives in not being able to even open a bag of crisps.

At the same time we apparently had already approached other managers (only ever confirmed by agents).. who had been interested, sure not many would be now.

Don't go all holier than thou unless you have phoned every manager who fit the bill, you are not some godlike genius so stop pretending to be one.

The Official Site doesn't even want to acknowledge our miserable capitulation...

...but in others news GET YOUR EARLY BIRD TICKETS!

So you don't think that someone like Bernd Schuster (you have a nack of browsing over those who might of been interested and slating everyone who comes up with a name you feel might be silly) would of been interested? The dude made it big by turning clubs round, is friends with Salgado, has a very good track record, would not of been overly expensive (half of the fee we paid for the likes of Goodwillie imo) fit the attacking style of football but might of been a bit argumentative *shrug* but has taken jobs with bad owners and low transfer budgets. Reckon plenty of others out there would of leaped at the chance as well especially given your own comment on more experience, frankly I have more experience at least I managed a pub level football team unlike old Keano who probably finds the positives in not being able to even open a bag of crisps.

At the same time we apparently had already approached other managers (only ever confirmed by agents).. who had been interested, sure not many would be now.

Don't go all holier than thou unless you have phoned every manager who fit the bill, you are not some godlike genius so stop pretending to be one.

I wouldn't waste your breath. Jim & Drog care less about whether Allardyce really was the only man who could manage us and more about stroking their own egos.

:rover: david pleat was co-commentating here and kept asking why kean was not making changes,bloody old pervert knew what we needed,some very poor preformances,thought dann /pedersen/formica and orr were very poor. :wacko::brfcsmilie:

I never had any confidence going into the game, of course I didn't. But that perpetual sinking feeling really spun into a life-consuming black hole after a few minutes when a puzzled Gary Neville (twonk of a commentator, but a brilliant analyser of the game) felt he had to point out to the viewers at home that Sky had guessed the shape of the team all wrong and diplomatically said how we were on a hiding to nothing with the tactics we were actually using. To see two experienced football men like Glenn Hoddle and Ray Wilkins almost speechless at both the tactical lunacy they had witnessed in the first half and apparent unwillingness to try and do anything to fix it was almost as painful as the game itself. You'd think the manager being completely inept in his job is a point that couldn't be driven home any further, but there you go.

The adjective 'shocking' gets tossed around quite a bit, but it couldn't be any more accurate than my feelings watching this game today.

Shocking. Just a breathtakingly abysmal display of ineptitude. This club has been getting beaten down by the Premier League as if they are some amateur MMA fighter going against the heavyweight champ.

I just couldn't understand for the life of me why Rovers went into some kind of ridiculous defensive shell after going down 1-0. Seriously. WHAT...THE...$(*# was that all about, Steve? With so many defenders packed into the box, one would have thought we were defending a 1-0 lead instead of needing to come out and attack. Why the hell didn't we just go ahead and stuff all 11 players in yellow kits on our own goal line for the full 90 minutes...would that have satisfied our 'manager'? Did Paul Robinson have the greatest goalkeeping performance in the history of the Premier League? No, he did not. But we were in the game...it was 1-0 for a long time. The late backbreaker from Kyle Walker? Whatever...so be it. I didn't even give a damn about that, because we weren't going to score on Spurs anyway.

Zero attempts on net in 90 minutes? Are you f'ing kidding me? Zero. Z-E-R-O. Your BPL survival is on the line, and you can't be arsed to fire off even one shot? I believe a professional football club needs to actually try to work hard to avoid getting at least one attempt on goal. Spurs literally could have played with no keeper and it wouldn't have made a difference. Just sickening. Spurs didn't play well at all, but the way Rovers played, I'd bet a large sum of cash we wouldn't have beaten many Division 1 teams, let alone Premiership level...and I am not exaggerating one bit when I say that.

As far as Kean, stop with the excuses. Every single Rovers supporter has had enough of you. "We kept our shape, we can produce two big performances, blah blah blah." Yeah, that must be it, Stevie boy. Go ahead and put your head on your pillow at night believing that. Just shut your f'ing mouth and admit you aren't good enough as a manager. It really is that simple. If you had one ounce of integrity, you'd have resigned a long time ago. I'd also bet a bunch of money on the fact that he'll never manage anywhere near the Premier League level once Rovers do let him go, and he and our pathetic owners deserve every bit of abuse hurled their way at home against Wigan. It should be 90 minutes of scorched earth policy from the real supporters of this club...who seem to have very different intentions than our owners.

In my 25 years of following Rovers there have been many games where I have felt anger and disappointment. But yesterday for me took things to whole new level, I have never experienced /and don’t want to experience the feelings that I had during the game yesterday. Most of what I experienced was down to one man, Keanochio.

After the QPR result I was thinking that IF Rovers could put in a fighting display, with a bit of luck we could get something from the game, and thought that the QPR result would’ve given the players a slight boost ahead of kick off. How wrong was I.

We were never going to get anything from that game with the incompetent tactics that Keanochio employed yesterday. Gary Neville spotted the dangers that Rovers would face within 2 minutes of kick off, yet for 83 minutes we persisted with a formation and gameplan which made a mockery of our “battle to retain premier league status”. At no time did we threaten or pressurise a Spurs side who were short of confidence. Somehow we managed to keep the score at 1-0 for 70 odd minutes, but still the penny did not drop with Keanochio. Spurs were able to play the ball out of defence with little pressure applied, their full backs steamed forward at every single opportunity, switches of play left us continually exposed and win our hapless midfield tried to shut down the wide areas Spurs burst through the middle. If Kean really wanted to play this inept formation then you need players in your midfield who have some defensive qualities which Dunn, MGP and Formica don’t posses. Again poor management not to play N’Zonzi in that formation.

It is absolutely telling that EVERY single pundit that covered yesterday’s game has come out and said that they were left totally and utterly bemused by the gameplan.

I don’t blame the players for yesterday’s result, they were totally “hamstrung” by the tactics employed yesterday. Once and for all Kean proved to the watching world that he is not a fit and proper manager.

Why is it that Kean does not look in the least dissapointed, embarrassed, ashamed after the awful performance yesterday.

It is as if he really isnt bothered about the possibility of relegation at all. What chance do we have when the manager shows

no passion, emotion, even understanding of our standing on the edge of a cliff position.

As well as his atrocious tactics many of the players played like it was a practice game with nothing at stake, there was no

chasing the ball when they were in possession, tackling, running, effort, blood sweat and tears.

From inside out our club is now officially a shambles, we do not compare with even our relegation rivals.

The blame for our cuurent state lies firmly with the RAOS, who are the worlds worst owners. :angry2:

In my 25 years of following Rovers there have been many games where I have felt anger and disappointment. But yesterday for me took things to whole new level, I have never experienced /and don’t want to experience the feelings that I had during the game yesterday. Most of what I experienced was down to one man, Keanochio.

After the QPR result I was thinking that IF Rovers could put in a fighting display, with a bit of luck we could get something from the game, and thought that the QPR result would’ve given the players a slight boost ahead of kick off. How wrong was I.

We were never going to get anything from that game with the incompetent tactics that Keanochio employed yesterday. Gary Neville spotted the dangers that Rovers would face within 2 minutes of kick off, yet for 83 minutes we persisted with a formation and gameplan which made a mockery of our “battle to retain premier league status”. At no time did we threaten or pressurise a Spurs side who were short of confidence. Somehow we managed to keep the score at 1-0 for 70 odd minutes, but still the penny did not drop with Keanochio. Spurs were able to play the ball out of defence with little pressure applied, their full backs steamed forward at every single opportunity, switches of play left us continually exposed and win our hapless midfield tried to shut down the wide areas Spurs burst through the middle. If Kean really wanted to play this inept formation then you need players in your midfield who have some defensive qualities which Dunn, MGP and Formica don’t posses. Again poor management not to play N’Zonzi in that formation.

It is absolutely telling that EVERY single pundit that covered yesterday’s game has come out and said that they were left totally and utterly bemused by the gameplan.

I don’t blame the players for yesterday’s result, they were totally “hamstrung” by the tactics employed yesterday. Once and for all Kean proved to the watching world that he is not a fit and proper manager.

IMO: Check the Bookies. Check the ''players'' - there are always ''players'' in a game of chance. But it only opinion.

Steve aka Coco is not a runt - they spelt correctly are useful.

Why is it that Kean does not look in the least dissapointed, embarrassed, ashamed after the awful performance yesterday.

It is as if he really isnt bothered about the possibility of relegation at all. What chance do we have when the manager shows

no passion, emotion, even understanding of our standing on the edge of a cliff position.

As well as his atrocious tactics many of the players played like it was a practice game with nothing at stake, there was no

chasing the ball when they were in possession, tackling, running, effort, blood sweat and tears.

From inside out our club is now officially a shambles, we do not compare with even our relegation rivals.

The blame for our cuurent state lies firmly with the RAOS, who are the worlds worst owners. :angry2:

We both know that Kean has been the same for a long time. Yesterday it hit home, no it didn't the scab is a tw**t, - we are relegated and if we're not then I will wish I had placed a bet - but Sir Steve (thanks to Eric WKR) actually says we will take the positives. What fleckin positives. This is a cry for help - I want to know what the positives are.

Wigan game, everyone take banners saying 'KEAN OUTSTANDING', stewards will have to let you in as you have banners getting behind the team

Then you take a pair of scissors....

Actually the irony would actually work. 10000 Steve Kean for Manager of the Year. / Venkeys Rule OK. Would be a superb p1ss take and should get even the most anti BRFC supporter critic off our backs.

Because Kean clearly thinks we can beat Wigan and Chelsea and that will be enough. It was obvious to everyone that yesterday's game was all about damage limitation to our GD, Kean had already written off this game.

To those who think Rovers wouldn't 'forfeit' a game, go back to the Cup game with Cardiff City.

Archived