BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Tottenham Hotspur vs. Blackburn Rovers

• Replies 929
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I never had any confidence going into the game, of course I didn't. But that perpetual sinking feeling really spun into a life-consuming black hole after a few minutes when a puzzled Gary Neville (twonk of a commentator, but a brilliant analyser of the game) felt he had to point out to the viewers at home that Sky had guessed the shape of the team all wrong and diplomatically said how we were on a hiding to nothing with the tactics we were actually using. To see two experienced football men like Glenn Hoddle and Ray Wilkins almost speechless at both the tactical lunacy they had witnessed in the first half and apparent unwillingness to try and do anything to fix it was almost as painful as the game itself. You'd think the manager being completely inept in his job is a point that couldn't be driven home any further, but there you go.

MoTD both Lawrenson and Dion Dublin were openly critical but Tony Pulis was adamant that Kean has played a blinder this season!

After the criticism that has been addressed at the Blackburn fans by Moyes, RFA, and other assorted ###### the bloody LMA want bombing out by the FA. The most important people in football are the supporters. Not the players and not the managers. They are the ones who will be there long after every player and manager are gone, they are the ones who will ensure the gravy train continues by handing down their irrational loyalty to future generations. The feeling of helplessness and isolation which I have felt since Kean took over must be repicated to a greater or lesser degree in the minds of thousands of others who will not be renewing. The actions against us this season by various football authorities show they are self centred, rotten to the coar and imo guilty of biting the hand that feeds them.

Why is it that Kean does not look in the least dissapointed, embarrassed, ashamed after the awful performance yesterday.

Cos quite obviously he isn't.

I've long held the opinion that there is a greater plan for him and his chum.

IMhumbleO 'Relegation' - check odds at Season start. And if your driving................

I'm not one for a lot of the conspiracies surrounding the club but alarm bells rang when we kicked the ball pretty much straight out at kick off. Then after 5 mins I genuinely thought that we could go 90mins without having a shot on target...I didn't for a minute imagine we wouldn't even have a shot though.

Sadly, yesterday showed that not only have we got a manager who is clueless but we have players who are simply not good enough. There have been too many games this season when the players have simply failed to perform. The tactics yesterday were a joke but so too were the efforts of some highly paid individuals who strolled around White Hart Lane as if they hadn't a care in the world. In truth, many of them probably don't as their agents are no doubt actively seeking new employers for them at the moment.

Our transfer policy since the clowns from India arrived has been a joke and how anyone could have thought that the likes of Orr, Modeste, Goodwillie,Bruno, Anderson, Marcus Olsson, Petrovic and Vukcevic where going to keep us up is beyond me. Dann, who cost far too much money, has underperformed all season and only the Yak has proved value for money and even he is now showing the strain of having to carry this circus on his back in terms of goalscoring.

Whoever sanctioned the signing of these players needs to be held responsible and if the owners did it on the advice of agents alone then they need to have a drastic rethink about how this club is managed. Ultimately, unless something changes in the coming months we are going to be looking at League One in twelve months time. We have dispensed with the services of an experienced manager, we have got rid of experienced and highly regarded club administrators and we have pushed out experienced players. In all three areas the replacements have been shown to be not fit for purpose. Surely, even these owners can see that the policies that they have adopted have failed.

. Surely, even these owners can see that the policies that they have adopted have failed.

I don't think the owners care to be honest. We are just a side venture that has gone awry but which has not cost their company too much money. I suspect we will be put up for sale and left to wither until they eventually find a buyer.

could you be a bit more childish?

Thanks.

Could you make a contribution ?

Thanks

Whoever sanctioned the signing of these players needs to be held responsible and if the owners did it on the advice of agents alone then they need to have a drastic rethink about how this club is managed. Ultimately, unless something changes in the coming months we are going to be looking at League One in twelve months time. We have dispensed with the services of an experienced manager, we have got rid of experienced and highly regarded club administrators and we have pushed out experienced players. In all three areas the replacements have been shown to be not fit for purpose. Surely, even these owners can see that the policies that they have adopted have failed.

Nobody can be so inept. They have got every major decision wrong. I've said before that a lunatic tossing a coin would get half of those decisions right. Our demise can only be intentional. Their policies have clearly succeeded. For the life of me though I cannot fathom their motives.

I took my fiancee yesterday, she hates football, knows nothing about it etc etc. It was her first ever football match and really didn't want to go. However, even she could not stop talking about how **** we were! It's basically all she wanted to talk about this morning! After the game she said "why weren't they trying to score? I'm not surprised they are getting relegated."

Still we got one more Rover!

Because Kean clearly thinks we can beat Wigan and Chelsea and that will be enough. It was obvious to everyone that yesterday's game was all about damage limitation to our GD, Kean had already written off this game.

To those who think Rovers wouldn't 'forfeit' a game, go back to the Cup game with Cardiff City.

Think you could quite happily had the two noblot games to that, always remember favours need to be repaid.

Too angry to post on here yesterday.

Supported rovers since 92 and never have seen such a shocking display. I've never seen us have so little of the ball, I've never seen us not muster at least one attempt on goal.

The formation was wrong 3-5-2 where did that come from and why now against the only team which plays real wingers? Maybe Kean saw it work for wigan and decided to follow suit?

Clearly wasn't working - we were getting utterly done down the flanks - yet Kean did not change it all game. It coud've been so much more had Spurs been a bit more direct and clinical. To not change that - heck even if not to be more offense minded but be more defensively solid - was criminal. Centre midfield of Dunn, Formica and Peds - not a tackle in there. Against Modric that was just madness.

Honestly am shocked at how low we have sunk. Thought we were aiming for relegation with that performance.

The formation was wrong 3-5-2 where did that come from and why now against the only team which plays real wingers? Maybe Kean saw it work for wigan and decided to follow suit?

Love how Kean was spotted at Wigan and then decided to ripoff their formation, despite having neither the personnel or the smarts to make it work. It's hard to know whether to laugh or cry at how long this guy's been impersonating a football manager.

Kean is a loon, after never having played this formation, he chooses this game (a game whereby we MUST get something out of it) to decide this is the way to get a result.

Obviously the players had no idea.

The mind boggles.

Too angry to post on here yesterday.

Supported rovers since 92 and never have seen such a shocking display. I've never seen us have so little of the ball, I've never seen us not muster at least one attempt on goal.

Clearly wasn't working - we were getting utterly done down the flanks - yet Kean did not change it all game. It coud've been so much more had Spurs been a bit more direct and clinical. To not change that - heck even if not to be more offense minded but be more defensively solid - was criminal. Centre midfield of Dunn, Formica and Peds - not a tackle in there. Against Modric that was just madness.

Honestly am shocked at how low we have sunk. Thought we were aiming for relegation with that performance.

I didn't see it as 3-5-2, I saw it as 5-3-1-1. Very rarely did Olssen and Lowe get forward and we were completely over run in midfield with the pedestrians that are Dunn and Pedersen. At times it was a flat back five and it was all to rigid to do any damage going forward. I think it was Gary Neville who said something like "It seems that the manager has told them the formation five minutes before kick off and they had never worked on it in training".

Shocking tactics from a turd who couldn't even see that they clearly weren't working. He even went like for like by bringing on Modeste for Yakubu. Modeste then seemed to spend more time in our final third of the pitch than Tottenhams.

I have had a number of work colleagues who support various teams come to me today and tell me that I was right all along about Kean being out of his depth.

I didn't see it as 3-5-2, I saw it as 5-3-1-1. Very rarely did Olssen and Lowe get forward and we were completely over run in midfield with the pedestrians that are Dunn and Pedersen. At times it was a flat back five and it was all to rigid to do any damage going forward. I think it was Gary Neville who said something like "It seems that the manager has told them the formation five minutes before kick off and they had never worked on it in training".

Shocking tactics from a turd who couldn't even see that they clearly weren't working. He even went like for like by bringing on Modeste for Yakubu. Modeste then seemed to spend more time in our final third of the pitch than Tottenhams.

I have had a number of work colleagues who support various teams come to me today and tell me that I was right all along about Kean being out of his depth.

Same for me, 2 different blokes who support 2 different teams and have given me and our fans in general a fair bit of stick have both said today Kean really is way out of his depth and is on the verge of losing it big time :wacko: Even rival fans of Bolton and PNE i know are saying its a disgrace, although they're delighted at our demise they are all now saying they would kick off big style in the same circumstances. The rubbish at Swansea then the nonsense with Givet and Nzonzi has drawn a lot of non Rovers fans attention to the dick that Kean really is !

Archived