BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Tottenham Hotspur vs. Blackburn Rovers

• Replies 929
  • Created
  • Last Reply

You had no subsequent events when they took over or knowledge to their financial power, I am talking when they sacked Sam not what we know now.

If they had finacial power and unrestricted spending is there managers that could have done the job? yes there is and to deny that is just silly.

Money is power and unfortunately we have now found out that our owners have none (or any they are willing to spend on their toy)

Moving the goalposts there matey because you made a bald statement without referring to their money that Venky's could replaced Sam with "hundreds" of managers who could have kept us in the PL.

My contention is that they knew all along they were not going to spend money and they already had the perfect man in place to run Rovers on a shoestring budget.

Still waiting for your "hundreds" of managers who could have done as good a job.

WTF! are they talking about,they are surely taking the p!ss out of him... aren't they? :unsure:

They dont say he's done a good job, they say he's done a good job 'under the circumstances' ie. the fact that he acted with dignity throughout the protests. I wish the protests hadn't gotten so personal simply because this is the predictable reaction that would arise. Other managers or ex players would rally round Kean purely because he was given terrible abuse at a couple of home games. The fact that he has a terrible managerial record doesn't seem to be relevant.

They dont say he's done a good job, they say he's done a good job 'under the circumstances' ie. the fact that he acted with dignity throughout the protests. I wish the protests hadn't gotten so personal simply because this is the predictable reaction that would arise. Other managers or ex players would rally round Kean purely because he was given terrible abuse at a couple of home games. The fact that he has a terrible managerial record doesn't seem to be relevant.

Sorry Morten, apart from Kean out what was personal?

WTF! are they talking about,they are surely taking the p!ss out of him... aren't they? :unsure:

They all p!ss in the same pot, and spout drivel in support of each other as they attempt to prop up their ridiculously spoilt, pampered life styles. The managers, the media, the pundits....could any of them actually tell it how it is? I very much doubt it

Let's see how personal we can make it next Monday, because that imposter and his cronies have shattered the decency and dignity of a once fine institution, he deserves every ounce of vitriol that is coming his way, the lying sack of dog turds

Moving the goalposts there matey because you made a bald statement without referring to their money that Venky's could replaced Sam with "hundreds" of managers who could have kept us in the PL.

My contention is that they knew all along they were not going to spend money and they already had the perfect man in place to run Rovers on a shoestring budget.

Still waiting for your "hundreds" of managers who could have done as good a job.

You like to turn peoples posts, I never referred to money at all as when they bought the club for all I knew they could have had enough for Jol, Hughes, or even Mourinho as far as I was concerned.

You nor I had any idea to their finances after they took over the club so for you to say no manager could have done the job that Sam did on a small budget is fair enough but how did you know what budget they had? Did you know that they wanted to come into the club to manage it on a budget?

You know now they wanted to manage the club on a budget and Sam would have been the obvious choice but did you know then?

Just so you know who you are discussing with I never agreed with Sams dismissal and I would have liked to have seen what Sam could have done with Nzogbia and Crouch, even though his football was boring as hell, I knew deep down that with the structure we had in place and financial restraint's that Sam would have kept the club safe but it was'nt to be for the new owners and considering how the owners have been completely ignorant to the fans plight since they took over I find it amazing that you think that a few fans grumblings about Sam had him sacked.

Sorry Morten, apart from Kean out what was personal?

He's had nowhere near the amount of abuse he's deserved.

There's been a few 'Kean out' chants following horrific performances, but what's wrong with that?

Hodgson at Liverpool and McLeish at Villa have had much worse recently, but somehow 'wee Stevie' gets all of the sympathy for some reason..

He's had nowhere near the amount of abuse he's deserved.

There's been a few 'Kean out' chants following horrific performances, but what's wrong with that?

Hodgson at Liverpool and McLeish at Villa have had much worse recently, but somehow 'wee Stevie' gets all of the sympathy for some reason..

It's not for some reason, it's because his agent is a damn media mogul with as many connections within the game as a top premier league manager.

I remember Southampton fans with 'hope you die soon' leaflets for Ian Branfoot.

Never mind rovers fans' so called abuse the villifying of us is in the media is both unwarranted and unprecedented.

I say we really let rip next Monday.

You know now they wanted to manage the club on a budget and Sam would have been the obvious choice but did you know then?

Just so you know who you are discussing with I never agreed with Sams dismissal and I would have liked to have seen what Sam could have done with Nzogbia and Crouch, even though his football was boring as hell, I knew deep down that with the structure we had in place and financial restraint's that Sam would have kept the club safe but it was'nt to be for the new owners and considering how the owners have been completely ignorant to the fans plight since they took over I find it amazing that you think that a few fans grumblings about Sam had him sacked.

Come off it-------we'd been run on a budget for years. Its why we lost Hughes! Many people poited out that Sam and Rovers were the perfect fit and we pointed it out at the time.

What fans on here did and what fans who booed us off when we won 3-0 is to make the job of those who were whispering in Venky's ear easier to believe.

They were convinced it was a popular move. Not why they did it of course but there we are.

Personal?

Lots of chat on here about who could have replaced Kean during the season.

Well today anyone, yes ANYONE, who knew the object of the game of football was to score goals, could have done a better job than our so called manager, in a game that we had to win.

When I asked my wife who has never been to a football match in her life how many times did Steve Kean's team try to score a goal in 90 minutes she refused to believe me when I told her NOT ONCE.

I told her she didn't understand the finer points of the games, and that our manager was actually a man of "great dignity" and a "credit to management"

Venky's spend as little as possible on Rovers so there were never going to replace Sam with anyone other than an "amateur no-mark". The irony is they wasted millions paying Sam off when all they had to do to keep expenditure down was to leave the existing management in place. They've also never heard of the old adage "if it ain't broke don't fix it" which is certainly applicable to the way Rovers was being run. I still maintain Sam's departure was the defining moment of our decline over the past 18 months.

Surely the defining moment was when Venkys bought the club? I'm pretty sure the agenda was set by then. Just the timing needed which probably came with the big defeat at Old Trafford.

As far as the demonstrations at Ewood, there has been nothing personal.

I wonder if they're referring to things posted on the internet.

To be fair I do recall the Darwen end singing " he swerves to the left, he swerves to the right... as well as "I ****** hate steve Kean". Not that I have a problem with either of those songs!

As far as the demonstrations at Ewood, there has been nothing personal.

I wonder if they're referring to things posted on the internet.

Speaking personally, I take it very personal that Kean and the Indian mob have destroyed my club! Sadly, the media won't report that though.

.Never mind rovers fans' so called abuse the villifying of us is in the media is both unwarranted and unprecedented.

I say we really let rip next Monday.

I've renewed. Cost £450. He's "earnt" at a guess £1.5m? Ok, let's call it 500k. What a sickener for being bad at your job.

+100 LD

No empathy, no pride, no loyalty, nothing. and more noticeable than anything else? No class. A complete and utter loser.

Archived