BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Tottenham Hotspur vs. Blackburn Rovers

• Replies 929
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I don't know why the LT give him a platform to peddle this garbage.

I reckon Kean takes this to bed with him at night...

mzi.gfrmwboe.225x225-75.jpg

...and he's a very slow reader.

I honestly think Cryer is doing a good job with this, he's letting Kean make a complete kn*b of himself without having to write the damning statements himself.

I honestly think Cryer is doing a good job with this, he's letting Kean make a complete kn*b of himself without having to write the damning statements himself.

Perhaps. But what's the end game, Perth? What does it achieve apart from winding the fans up?

People are talking about some daft stunts but someone could take it to heart and cross a line, claiming provocation. Does printing the BS really sell enough copies that it justifies winding people up this much? If anything, reading about Kean's latest dumb comment makes me LESS likely to buy the LT.

Can't agree with that perth, Cryer should have been asking him the difficult questions, thats his job, sadly he's been left wanting once again probably due to the fact Agnew and Kean would have banned him from the press days/training ground.

Taken from the winners and losers section on Football 365:-

"Steve Kean

As Blackburn's flirt with relegation moved from the sofa to the bedroom, Kean's delusion was finally acknowledged by a media that has been swift to blame protesting Rovers fans this season. The manager's departure into a fantasy world became official in late November when, although the team were languishing at the foot of the table, he preferred to talk up top ten aspirations. And as the stale line about "taking the positives" was wheeled out on Sunday, the complaints of Rovers fans again came to the fore.

The first concern has always been Kean's inexperience and tactical ineptitude. After discussing his research into Tottenham's system before the game, the Scot attempted to adapt his own formation, pulling Blackburn's central midfielders deeper to counter the threat of Rafael van der Vaart. However, anyone who has seen Rovers play this season will know that they are almost incapable of keeping a clean sheet, regardless of the set-up. Only two blanks have been recorded all season, with the team conceding an enormous 75 goals.

The opportunity to gain a vital result was to attack a vulnerable Spurs from the outset, emulating Wigan's strategy in their 2-1 victory over Arsenal. In Yakubu and Junior Hoilett, Blackburn have two forwards who can create and score against anyone, but their role on Sunday was rendered null and void by Kean's instructions to cling to the game by the fingernails. If Rovers had lost 10-0 but at least given at a go, it would have been more encouraging.

As it turned out, they failed to register a single shot on goal - the only team in Europe's top five leagues to 'achieve' the 'feat' this season. When a result was imperative, not one effort was mustered. Yet while the problem clearly lay in chance creation, Kean decided to take off top scorer Yakubu for the embarrassingly hopeless Anthony Modeste. Obvious to anyone who was watching the match, it changed absolutely nothing.

Despite Kean's optimism, there were no positives to take. Spurs needed a team to roll over, and Rovers dutifully obliged in what was a damning indictment of the manager's aptitude. It was a training match for Tottenham, and in truth the game provided little reflection on their own abilities."

Perhaps. But what's the end game, Perth? What does it achieve apart from winding the fans up?

People are talking about some daft stunts but someone could take it to heart and cross a line, claiming provocation. Does printing the BS really sell enough copies that it justifies winding people up this much? If anything, reading about Kean's latest dumb comment makes me LESS likely to buy the LT.

I know where you are coming from Stuart but I was looking at it from Cryers point of view, think the Telegraph were taken aback with the reaction they received to the Time to Go front page from non Rovers supporters and the legal notices from Mr X's lawyer and they have been treading carefully ever since.

Cryer is only reporting what has been said without adding anything too controversial in the piece, hence letting Kean hang himself. On your point about about winding people up, these quotes are on various media and newspaper outlets and the Telegraph are just one of the smaller outlets ,People were seeking out Keans interview 5 minutes after the game on sky etc , the beauty of modern technology is not many people read newspapers and want instant news. Personally feel that even if Kean had kept his mouth shut after the Spurs game , many people had crossed the line.

Can't agree with that perth, Cryer should have been asking him the difficult questions, thats his job, sadly he's been left wanting once again probably due to the fact Agnew and Kean would have banned him from the press days/training ground.

I agree in some respects Gav, but hence think Cryer has played it well this time, in that he is letting Kean hang himself without upsetting Kean's PR. Could never imagine Peter White letting the club get away with some of the stuff they have spouted this season.

As it turned out, they failed to register a single shot on goal - the only team in Europe's top five leagues to 'achieve' the 'feat' this season.

Blimey. Another one for the CV Steveo. You can put that next to the Premier League record for being unable to keep a clean sheet. On top of that "dignified" and at the bottom "a good presser". Kind of like a sh1t sandwich.

Dozens of Rovers fans were caught climbing over the wall at Tottenham's White Hart Lane football ground yesterday.

The police told them they would be arrested if they didn't get back in and watch the rest of the game!

This realy sums up the game from the Guardian match commentary, came across it looking for a video of Rovers highlights from the game - i.e our corner.

63 min: 1-0 would be a far more worrying scoreline for Spurs if Blackburn had a) had a shot at goal, B) shown any sign of thinking about having a shot at goal or c) looked vaguely interested in having a shot at goal or working out a position from which a shot at goal might be taken. It's been a confusingly, headscratchingly negative performance from the visitors.

All credit to a couple of journalists for trying to ask the difficult questions, but how can 1 penalty decision at Bolton turn into that terrible run of form, they should have come back at him agaian on that one.

IF I HEAR OLD TRAFFORD, ANFIELD AND GOODISON AGAIN I'LL GO ******* MENTAL :angry2: WHAT ABOUT SWANSEA, BOLTON, WESTBROM, ETC ETC YOU NUGGET.

What a load of tosh, he blames the bad streak on a penalty decision at Bolton, and then when asked if he actually just said that he says no, I didn't say that, even though I DID say that.

Think there were only about three tough questions there, journalists seems to answer questions for him.

Is there any point analyzing his post-match interviews? It's just the same regurgitated bullsh*t each week. :D

I did enjoy the "Tottenham didn't carve many chances against us..."

Only the 19 shots and hitting the woodwork at least twice. I'd hate to see our defending on a bad day.

'you've lost 6 in 7'

'yeah but before that we won back to back games'

This is the man's mentality, like nailing jelly to a wall.

He hasn't take any responsibility for this debacle.

That really annoys me aswell.

I was asked why do rovers fans give Kean all the stick yet Botlon fans dont give Coyle the same.

And one of the many reasons i gave was after a match like yesterday, Coyle would hold his hands up and say he got it wrong.This bald nugget has never once accepted any blame, always an excuse.He's just a devious lying turd.

That really annoys me aswell.

I was asked why do rovers fans give Kean all the stick yet Botlon fans dont give Coyle the same.

And one of the many reasons i gave was after a match like yesterday, Coyle would hold his hands up and say he got it wrong.This bald nugget has never once accepted any blame, always an excuse.He's just a devious lying turd.

It's never his fault

It's never his fault

Steve Kean's a l**r

It's never his fault

Archived