BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Colin Hendry - An Asset?

369 members have voted

1. 1. Would you want Hendry as assistant manager should Black leave?

• Yes
    • No
    • I don't know enough to judge

Paul Agnew

Shabby Singh

Steve Kean

Colin Hendry MkIII

It's enough to make you weep. And Kean has a four game stay of execution? Don't make me laugh.

If there are any concerns over the PL and Government meetings, they aren't showing it.

Unless they see appointing new people into the posts, meaning they will get one final pay off from the new owners to leave if a new owner is found. One last favour so to speak.

• Replies 300
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Unless they see appointing new people into the posts, meaning they will get one final pay off from the new owners to leave if a new owner is found. One last favour so to speak.

This is 100% what I think is going on, bar Hendry whos appointment I think is supposed to get the fans off their back. A suggestion by the bald fat one no doubt.

He just retweeted this:

@rufotron: @BraveheartCH been offered a rovers contract yet? Still waiting? Kean Anderson will do you good... Just as soon as agnew is back

Make of that what you will

Sorry for the ignorance, Tom but who's this rufutron person?

• 4 weeks later...

Read some more abuse on Cryer's article the other day saying Hendry deserved to be given a chance. Can go through the positives and negatives with the likes of Cryer (even if he's only a 25th rate Peter White) this was one of his better articles.

Usual stuff about his neighbours, rangers, etc both of which I discredited as legitimate reasons for this hatred on the Singh thread.

Then a couple of people claimed that Jack Walker actually banned Hendry from Ewood. Bit ironic that its the first time I've heard any such accusations. This supposed ban would have been shortly before Rovers fans were calling for his appointment as manager in late 1998 wouldn't it?

The same Colin Hendry who sided with Kean and claimed protesting fans were a small minority can f### right off for that reason alone. That's before the abhorrent off pitch activities and poor previous management records are considered.

You could say adultery is fairly abhorrent but Flitcroft didn't get any abuse for it. Infact he had his name chanted as a show of support. So why all the sudden moral conscience towards what happens off the pitch? I'll answer questions when people address points like this.

Also since when did a poor managerial record have much relevance to a lesser coaching role?

I know the only reason is because of him forming an alliance with Kean (in my opinion because of his son being at the club) what excuse have Dunn (signing new contract) and Gallacher got?

Oh and if you don't believe the Flitcroft chants here's some print evidence. Family club. I knew those chants happened my memory does not fail me often.

http://www.lancashir...ay_female_fans/

It was what it was don't sugercoat it or claim one thing is worse than another. Fans many of whom make the "family club values" claim were openly cheering the act of adultery. I had nothing against Flitcroft for it by the way I'm just pointing out some double standards.

You can guarantee if an employee (or potential employee) at Ewood committed adultery under the present regime they would be widely condemned. Infact they would probably be demanding venkys fire them.

Intentionally swindling tens of thousands of pounds from your neighbor and goading them about

Thats the act of a scum bag, the mans a disgrace and thats before he prostitutes himself to Kean and Venkys, lets hope his wages go to paying back his neighbour.

i've never understood the "family club" thing. anyone who looks to footballers as role models must have something wrong with them and it's especially stupid to judge people for having affairs as it happens all the time. however, it's not common for people to earn millions, lose it and then scam their neighbors out of money as has been claimed on a certain website. flitcroft always did alright for us and hasn't stuck up for mean. henry did stick up for kean and he's not welcome in my eyes as he seems to be cut from the same cloth...

You could say adultery is fairly abhorrent but Flitcroft didn't get any abuse for it. Infact he had his name chanted as a show of support. So why all the sudden moral conscience towards what happens off the pitch? I'll answer questions when people address points like this.

Also since when did a poor managerial record have much relevance to a lesser coaching role?

I know the only reason is because of him forming an alliance with Kean (in my opinion because of his son being at the club) what excuse have Dunn (signing new contract) and Gallacher got?

Oh and if you don't believe the Flitcroft chants here's some print evidence. Family club. I knew those chants happened my memory does not fail me often.

http://www.lancashir...ay_female_fans/

Sorry Vinjay, I can't work out the point you're trying to make.

That he should be given a chance because he was a great player for us regardless of what he's subsequently done in and out of the game?

Like I said before, his allegiance to Kean is enough to make him undesirable before other aspects are even considered.

Fine I'll explain it one more time.

I'm saying that this morality issue over what Hendry is alleged to have done to his neighbours didn't seem to apply with Flitcroft's adultery. Which is worse should not come into it. The "one garry flitcroft" chant wasn't done as just a show of support. I was there that night and the tone (certainly from the male contingent) was one of apparent admiration for his actions. The family club issue is a somewhat separate argument but still worth pointing out. I had nothing against Flitcroft for the record but the best cheer he ever got was for adultery.

Maybe Rovers fans should just stick to the truth (considering there's enough lies from the owners as many of you point out) and admit its purely because of him joining Kean. How on earth anyone could have a go at him for joining Rangers after all he accomplished is a joke when you look at the treatment people like Jones get.

The fans at his other former clubs have no issue with Colin whatsoever and judge him from a footballing standpoint. Maybe they are distracted by other things obviously I'm aware of the ultra positive mood at City and Rangers have bigger things to worry about. I can understand to an extent why there would be a problem with him joining Kean. In my opinion Hendry's son being at the club has something to do with it.

What I don't get is why the likes of Dunn and Gallacher have received minimal abuse in comparison. Maybe its because Hendry was so highly thought of (far more popular than Gallacher and Dunn at his peak) and that's why it hurts more for many of you to see him join Venkys regime.

Fine I'll explain it one more time.

I'm saying that this morality issue over what Hendry is alleged to have done to his neighbours didn't seem to apply with Flitcroft's adultery. Which is worse should not come into it. The "one garry flitcroft" chant wasn't done as just a show of support. I was there that night and the tone (certainly from the male contingent) was one of apparent admiration for his actions. The family club issue is a somewhat separate argument but still worth pointing out. I had nothing against Flitcroft for the record but the best cheer he ever got was for adultery.

Maybe Rovers fans should just stick to the truth (considering there's enough lies from the owners as many of you point out) and admit its purely because of him joining Kean. How on earth anyone could have a go at him for joining Rangers after all he accomplished is a joke when you look at the treatment people like Jones get.

The fans at his other former clubs have no issue with Colin whatsoever and judge him from a footballing standpoint. Maybe they are distracted by other things obviously I'm aware of the ultra positive mood at City and Rangers have bigger things to worry about. I can understand to an extent why there would be a problem with him joining Kean. In my opinion Hendry's son being at the club has something to do with it.

What I don't get is why the likes of Dunn and Gallacher have received minimal abuse in comparison. Maybe its because Hendry was so highly thought of (far more popular than Gallacher and Dunn at his peak) and that's why it hurts more for many of you to see him join Venkys regime.

I think you seem to make too much of a deal about football chants from terraces.....it was mostly done in jest....like the Sheff Utd fans who sang "he shags who he wants" about Ched Evans and his rape case.....I don't think they are condoning rape.

I've heard you do it before with the "we only hate Man United" chant.....people will sing whatever they feel like at the time and it doesn't mean they necessarily believe it.

I can't speak for Gallacher as I don't know what he said about Kean/Venky's but Dunn could hardly slag off his employers.....Hendry was just doing it to get a job which is a bit different and the minority think really winds people up.

Jones wanted to win trophies and he went to the side that has the best chance of winning trophies....if he went to a Liverpool or Spurs it would have been a bit different......nobody can really blame players for wanting to leave a side that was almost guaranteed to be relegated the next season.....defenders like to keep clean sheets as well.

Thats the act of a scum bag, the mans a disgrace and thats before he prostitutes himself to Kean and Venkys, lets hope his wages go to paying back his neighbour.

I agree with what you say Gav, additionally his attempts at management and coaching were dire, that along with his support of Kean makes him a first rate tool.

I think you seem to make too much of a deal about football chants from terraces.....it was mostly done in jest....like the Sheff Utd fans who sang "he shags who he wants" about Ched Evans and his rape case.....I don't think they are condoning rape.

I've heard you do it before with the "we only hate Man United" chant.....people will sing whatever they feel like at the time and it doesn't mean they necessarily believe it.

I can't speak for Gallacher as I don't know what he said about Kean/Venky's but Dunn could hardly slag off his employers.....Hendry was just doing it to get a job which is a bit different and the minority think really winds people up.

Jones wanted to win trophies and he went to the side that has the best chance of winning trophies....if he went to a Liverpool or Spurs it would have been a bit different......nobody can really blame players for wanting to leave a side that was almost guaranteed to be relegated the next season.....defenders like to keep clean sheets as well.

Dunn signed a new contract earlier this year. Surely you were aware of that? Ask the likes of @rufotron on twitter about the type of guy Dunn is.

Dunn and Gallacher have received lots of abuse for their blind support of Kean - and their intentions have been clear.

Dunn is pretty skint and has a house to complete = therefore needed a new contract and to keep in Kean's good books.

Gallacher has wanted to get into coaching and a job at Rovers for years now. He'll think that by a) being a Scot and B) constantly backing Kean in the local media, a role will come around sooner or later.

In all cases, selling their integrity for s quick £.

Well there's no evidence that Gallacher is doing that. He's already working in the media he might not need a coaching position (and why would it need to be at Ewood?)

Jones didn't go to the side with the best chance of winning trophies there's no proving that. He could have gone to a club Jack Walker didn't despise (Chelsea or City for instance) before he leeched off his legacy and had himself tapped up after under 40 games. Oh and completely snubbed Dalglish as well. Even Duff got some abuse for kissing the Chelsea badge not even comparable to Jones. He should be getting the abuse David May got.

Anyway better I logoff for a few weeks before really getting started on that parasite (and yes to confirm the MC does stand for what was suggested on last page and you can say what you like about that)

Actually you might as well just close my account. Spent more than enough time arguing with Rovers fans and that's all my posts are likely to be (though all my posts have been fair and on topic and if people hate Hendry for joining Rangers its more than fair to compare his tenure to someone like Jones)

Surely, if the allegations about Hendry's behaviour towards his former neighbour were unsubstantiated, no doubt his legal advisors would have taken great pleasure in obtaining satisfaction and redress against the people who allege he fleeced them of part of their retirement savings.

Thought so..

The legend has gone bad...

Snog, marry... AVOID :excl:

Well there's no evidence that Gallacher is doing that. He's already working in the media he might not need a coaching position (and why would it need to be at Ewood?)

Jones didn't go to the side with the best chance of winning trophies there's no proving that. He could have gone to a club Jack Walker didn't despise (Chelsea or City for instance) before he leeched off his legacy and had himself tapped up after under 40 games. Oh and completely snubbed Dalglish as well. Even Duff got some abuse for kissing the Chelsea badge not even comparable to Jones. He should be getting the abuse David May got.

Anyway better I logoff for a few weeks before really getting started on that parasite (and yes to confirm the MC does stand for what was suggested on last page and you can say what you like about that)

Jones was courted by ManUre, Arsenal, Liverpool and Chelski, can you really blame him for joining the biggest club in Britain, he gave himself an opportunity to realise his full potential, whilst simultaneously escaping the Keanocchio circus, at that time Dalglish or not Liverpool were ###### so they were probably never an option. On top of that Rovers received a good fee for a teenager

Actually you might as well just close my account. Spent more than enough time arguing with Rovers fans and that's all my posts are likely to be (though all my posts have been fair and on topic and if people hate Hendry for joining Rangers its more than fair to compare his tenure to someone like Jones)

That's probably because you are an argumentative ######

Archived