BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Colin Hendry - An Asset?

369 members have voted

1. 1. Would you want Hendry as assistant manager should Black leave?

• Yes
    • No
    • I don't know enough to judge

It's all so very sad isn't it?

If you'd have said years ago that Colin Hendry would be an unpopular appointment as coach, seen as a yes man to the most despised figure probably in the history of the club and widely seen as an all round bad un', you just wouldn't have believed it.

Such an all mighty mess.

• Replies 300
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Guys you need to be very carefully on what you post!

Don't think I'm posting anything out of turn, but feel free to delete if reqiuired mods.

http://www.thescottishsun.co.uk/scotsol/homepage/news/3747839/Colin-Hendry-Laughing-my-off-Thats-another-bottle-on-you-slurp.html

or this:

http://www.colinhendrylies.com/

Public domain and so far unchallenged, this is the sort of guy we have working for the club, should fit in well with Mr Kean.

Posted the above on Facebook the other day (having never seen it before) cue the chorus of "oh not that site again" but I'd never read it up till that point. Surely, if not true there's a hands down provable case of libel/slander right there? So by the mere fact that the site has remained online must prove there's some truth to the content?

Either way, if that's even remotely true then - well I was speechless after reading it, still am days later....some people must have necks like giraffes to be able sleep at night!

Also heard from mens clothing retailer in Blackburn that when Hendry used to go in he expected to get his clothes for free.

Used to pick stuff up and say things along the lines of 'you know who I am, it's okay if I take this'.

Same bloke had other rovers players coming in and buying stuff no problem, Hendry never parted with a penny.

Guys you need to be very carefully on what you post!

crook

1    /krʊk/ Show Spelled[krook] Show IPA

noun

a bent or curved implement, piece, appendage, etc.; hook.

the hooked part of anything.

an instrument or implement having a bent or curved part, as a shepherd's staff hooked at one end or the crosier of a bishop or abbot.

a dishonest person, especially a sharper, swindler, or thief.

a bend, turn, or curve: a crook in the road.

depends how it is interpreted, therefore would be very hard to prove anything, whether it be defamation of character or whatever

Also heard from mens clothing retailer in Blackburn that when Hendry used to go in he expected to get his clothes for free.

Used to pick stuff up and say things along the lines of 'you know who I am, it's okay if I take this'.

Same bloke had other rovers players coming in and buying stuff no problem, Hendry never parted with a penny.

Nice fella.

I had heard the same story from a men's clothing retailer-it just wasn't confirmed he actually got what he wanted.

Don't think I'm posting anything out of turn, but feel free to delete if reqiuired mods.

http://www.thescotti...-you-slurp.html

or this:

http://www.colinhendrylies.com/

Public domain and so far unchallenged, this is the sort of guy we have working for the club, should fit in well with Mr Kean.

Jeez i knew he was a prik but not that much of 1, tbh i meet him in his home once and my only impresion was that he was just a bit of a thick chancer whos wife seemed to organise his life for him, but didnt seem malicious, i imagine his wifes illness and death took a lot out of him and seems to have left him quite bitter, can you even imagine how youd react to loosing your wife.

Jeez i knew he was a prik but not that much of 1, tbh i meet him in his home once and my only impresion was that he was just a bit of a thick chancer whos wife seemed to organise his life for him, but didnt seem malicious, i imagine his wifes illness and death took a lot out of him and seems to have left him quite bitter, can you even imagine how youd react to loosing your wife.

If half of what the colinhendrylies site says is true then I can not think of any justification, grief does not give you licence to be a scumbag.

. . . , i imagine his wifes illness and death took a lot out of him and seems to have left him quite bitter, can you even imagine how youd react to loosing your wife.

Losing his wife made him an [alleged] lying, thief scumbag? I fail to see the connection between the two.

We need a Colin Hendry type on the pitch not as coach. .so many names being linked with a move here but what classy Hendry or Ryan Nelson like defenders are being touted..We went down for goals conceded not scored..Henning Berg was a great buy last time went down..I attribute Jones and Sambas rise to fame down to Nelson s guidance on the pitch.as much as anything else..

It's all so very sad isn't it?

If you'd have said years ago that Colin Hendry would be an unpopular appointment as coach, seen as a yes man to the most despised figure probably in the history of the club and widely seen as an all round bad un', you just wouldn't have believed it.

Such an all mighty mess.

You are quite right MB. A mess indeed.

Irresponsible chicken farmers as owners, all the better players sold, relegation, SA sacked, an obnoxious lying drink driver in Kean appointed, all knowledgeable backroom staff allowed or force to leave, DS as Chairman, a fooking GLOBAL advisor... :blink: , fans leaving in droves, signing agents son's, 12 month protests, fans groups and investment trusts, new contract awards for underperforming staff, no sponsors, treating corporate customers ridiculously, season tickets unavailable, worst defensive record imaginable, media spin and the continued constant and unrelenting bullshit.

Hendry is a selfish and undeserving chancer like all the rest, will toe the party line at all times and is to be used as a plaything to deflect attention away from Kean and to supposedly give the fans a former hero to cheer. Well the words former hero sums him up perfectly and perhaps most importantly I don't think he will be any good at all at his supposed job, ie organising our defence.

Shabby, Shaw, Kean, Hendry, Agnew.... :wacko: Local publicans are the only people happy with these appointments.

It doesn't half get annoying listening to you all moaning about everything.

Murphy is doing exactly what a leader of the team should be doing. It's half of the reason we signed him.

Have you read it Eddie?

No way has he said that - not of his own accord with a straight face. Pure PR bull.

If you're referring to the comments about the ST deal, then yes I have. I have no doubt that he was asked to comment on it and was told about the '13 free games', but it's the sort of thing professional athletes say all of the time. I am sure that he wants more fans to attend, that his desire to have a stadium full of supporters is genuine and he probably honestly believes that saying something like that may help. It's a throwaway interview, but one that mentions a few important figures and one where the intent is correct.

Archived