BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Colin Hendry - An Asset?

369 members have voted

1. 1. Would you want Hendry as assistant manager should Black leave?

• Yes
    • No
    • I don't know enough to judge

One more thing...

Maybe its time you cared less about a couple of people you don't know supposedly being ripped off...

...and cared more about Jack Walker having his multi million legacy leeched off by Jones not to mention his vile family living off his hard earned cash. Still think they ever gave a damn about Rovers? Not forgetting Kean and Venkys either (funny how Jack's opinion seems to matter more when most Rovers fans are in agreement on something)

Even if Hendry has become a leech at least he actually did something good for the club first. Unlike any of the rest mentioned.

• Replies 300
  • Created
  • Last Reply

You could say adultery is fairly abhorrent but Flitcroft didn't get any abuse for it. Infact he had his name chanted as a show of support. So why all the sudden moral conscience towards what happens off the pitch? I'll answer questions when people address points like this.

Prem players and infidelity go hand in hand. It's the spoils of war cos they are chock full of testosterone and targetted by just about every Wannabee Wag in town. On the other hand screwing your neighbour is planned and lacks the impetuos spontaneity of a booze fuelled shag.

Bit of advice for you Vinjay. As my mates old man used to advise.... 'never follow your dick ....... but always take it with you'. ;)

Fine I'll explain it one more time.

I'm saying that this morality issue over what Hendry is alleged to have done to his neighbours didn't seem to apply with Flitcroft's adultery. Which is worse should not come into it. The "one garry flitcroft" chant wasn't done as just a show of support. I was there that night and the tone (certainly from the male contingent) was one of apparent admiration for his actions. The family club issue is a somewhat separate argument but still worth pointing out. I had nothing against Flitcroft for the record but the best cheer he ever got was for adultery.

Maybe Rovers fans should just stick to the truth (considering there's enough lies from the owners as many of you point out) and admit its purely because of him joining Kean. How on earth anyone could have a go at him for joining Rangers after all he accomplished is a joke when you look at the treatment people like Jones get.

The fans at his other former clubs have no issue with Colin whatsoever and judge him from a footballing standpoint. Maybe they are distracted by other things obviously I'm aware of the ultra positive mood at City and Rangers have bigger things to worry about. I can understand to an extent why there would be a problem with him joining Kean. In my opinion Hendry's son being at the club has something to do with it.

What I don't get is why the likes of Dunn and Gallacher have received minimal abuse in comparison. Maybe its because Hendry was so highly thought of (far more popular than Gallacher and Dunn at his peak) and that's why it hurts more for many of you to see him join Venkys regime.

If the allegations against hendry are true, then that is illegal activity, therefore a criminal offence. Kean's, conviction for drink driving is also a criminal offence. Flitcrofts adultry is not a criminal offence, it is a moral issue, therefore completely different.

I can't really take you seriously I the subject of rovers anymore though Vinjay. How can I when you now openly support man city. You've become a bit of a joke really, which is a shame.

THIS. hahaha find it funny how we are just 'rovers fans' haha glory hunters are just the worst.

IMO you dont just claim a team to support its the team that your family support. If my family never supported Rovers or anyone else I probably wouldnt pay attention to the 'sport' of football

Bit of advice for you Vinjay. As my mates old man used to advise.... 'never follow your dick ....... but always take it with you'. ;)

Sound advice Gord, but why do I have the impression it might be totally lost on the board's favourite obsessive complulsive?

A great player for us in his time but now just another 'chancer' and Kean apologist jumping on board.

Difficult to disagree.

Just how many coaches, assistants does Kean need - what the feck do they all do ?

Ready made excuses for Kean with which he tries to defend his abject record - ie hire and fire on an ongoing basis. Just when will the buck stop with him ?

To see a Rovers legend who I once idolised stood next to Steve Kean on Sky Sports News with his Rovers training top printed CH, it is so sad to see these situations unfold.

Hopefully he will bring the passion of Rovers back but in reality I just see this as a foolish move that will ruin the reputation of the man by association.

Welcome to Rovers Colin.

Enjoy your new role at the club.

hopefully you sort out the defensive unit!

He is the perfect person for the role. A long term Kean apologist. No experience of football coaching/manangement in the Championship and the experience he has had has not commended him to any other work in football before Kean approached him.

As stated in many posts on this site it confirms Kean's hold/control over the club.

Obviously Kean's stance is to appoint people more incompetent than him so they can't show him up or lead a revolt against him.

Singh is as incompetent as the rest of them. At the moment he is quite harmless just doing a PR role, The moment he speaks out against Kean he will be out of the club so fast his feet won't touch the ground.

For all those thinking things are improving I am afraid you hopes are groundless. Things are getting worse day by day.

Welcome to Rovers Colin.

Enjoy your new role at the club.

hopefully you sort out the defensive unit!

Chaddy, I think you have got this very wrong !

Hendry WAS a Rovers' legend.

However, did he not twice walk out on Rovers, firstly to City & then Rangers (just as a testimonial was being worked on) ?

IMO, both his football and personal reputations have been tarnished, the latter following bankruptcy with some distasteful stuff reported in connection with that.

Again, IMO, Hendry is desperate for a job and Kean is equally desperate to employ folk who might take some of the supporters' heat off him.

So, Hendry, speculated as new 1st team coach - where does that leave Brunskill ? Whether Brunskill is up to the job or not, any employee should be treated with both courtesy and respect and I would imagine that Brunskill has not enjoyed the happiest of summers.

I personally do not welcome Hendry back, and judging by the comments on this MB and to others I have spoken with, that is a very common feeling.

Again, IMO, the club is sinking further into the mire and continues to shed proven and experienced operators only to replace them with personnel who just haven't got the same level of competency and who do not command the same respect in the game: It started with Sam leaving, followed by JW and it's just become a continuous procession and a joke.

I wonder if Colin Hendry as his eyes on being the next manager ?

In my view a dangerous appointment by Kean , whatever as happenend in Hendrys life since he finished playing ..To many supporters

he is and always will be a legend .....

Can see some fans using his appointment to oust Kean ....

I wonder if Colin Hendry as his eyes on being the next manager ?

In my view a dangerous appointment by Kean , whatever as happenend in Hendrys life since he finished playing ..To many supporters

he is and always will be a legend .....

Can see some fans using his appointment to oust Kean ....

this is one apointment which may come back and haunt Kean

Archived