BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Colin Hendry - An Asset?

369 members have voted

1. 1. Would you want Hendry as assistant manager should Black leave?

• Yes
    • No
    • I don't know enough to judge

• Replies 300
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If Rovers could attract the most qualified people for roles within the club we would be laughing..

Drinking buddys.. im sure we had santa cruz's brother on the pay role, im sure Paul Dalglish was on the books to keep KD happy.

Im sure if you look at other clubs there are people on the pay role to keep others happy..

Im not sure there anything wrong with kean being scottish..?

We will not attract qualified people for any position whilst focusing on recruiting nodding dogs only.

You may want to ask yourself why all these people were immediately available if they are so proficient and excel at what they supposedly do? Just a thought.

The word Scottish was used descriptively, not negatively, as well you should know.

We will not attract qualified people for any position whilst focusing on recruiting nodding dogs only.

You may want to ask yourself why all these people were immediately available if they are so proficient and excel at what they supposedly do? Just a thought.

The word Scottish was used descriptively, not negatively, as well you should know.

Colin Hendry : Hendry resigned from his post as manager of Clyde on 18 January 2008 - only one really out of a job long term..

Eric Black :left Sunderland on 6 December 2011,[8] but quickly found a new job as he was named assistant manager to Steve Kean at Blackburn Rovers in January 2012.[9] wiki

Iain Brunskill:The 31-year-old joins Paul Ince's backroom staff from Liverpool where he was the Academy coach, rovers.co.uk

boby mimms: been here for a few years....must admit i assumed he left a while back...

Bowyer later became manager of non-League team Carshalton Athletic,[7] (in 2000) before becoming a youth coach for Blackburn Rovers.[8], wiki

the main coaching team have been around for a while....at the heart of this misconseption(immediately available, nodding dogs) is that the view of extreame(i want kean out but not to the lenth others) kean-out -krew is these people have publicy backed kean there boss, so they are againt the wishes of the supporters, its not that black and white.I know what would happen if i told my boss he was not doing a very good job

regarding http://www.colinhendrylies.com/ - it would hold much more credit imo if the website published the full email thread from start to finish(this is easy to do), i guess from a legal point of view. backrupcy is a legal thing to do.. i feel much more Empathy for someone dealing with the death of his wife and alcoholism. maybe thats a bit harsh on Hector but he must have knowen the risks..

It really fails me how rovers fans can be unhappy about a rovers legend coming back to rovers.. just cause hes had a few shttiy years..

Who is Colin Hendrys agent out of curiosity ?

I understand that Ian Battersby used to act as Hendry's business manager / advisor. Not sure if their relationship is still in place.

I understand that Ian Battersby used to act as Hendry's business manager / advisor. Not sure if their relationship is still in place.

You wouldnt think it still is based on battersby's assessments of the Club and the regime and then Hendry joining the merry throng.I can't imagine Battersby advsisng a client to join this mob in reality. On that subject , the various parties attempting to oust venkys appear to have hit a brick wall-BRSIT, 2 ians, Illias Khan etc etc have gone very quiet of late.Presume they have all been blanked out-anybody heard anything?

You wouldnt think it still is based on battersby's assessments of the Club and the regime and then Hendry joining the merry throng.I can't imagine Battersby advsisng a client to join this mob in reality. On that subject , the various parties attempting to oust venkys appear to have hit a brick wall-BRSIT, 2 ians, Illias Khan etc etc have gone very quiet of late.Presume they have all been blanked out-anybody heard anything?

I don't think Hendry had a queue outside his front door with job offers !!!

If someone comes in and offers you money that only 95% of Rovers' fans can dream of, you would be foolish to turn down !!!

It really fails me how rovers fans can be unhappy about a rovers legend coming back to rovers.. just cause hes had a few shttiy years..

For me it's got nothing to do with whatever has happened in his personal life, it's more the blind and naive comments he came out with in support of Kean right at the end of last season.

The reason, of course, was that he was angling for a payday (which he's now got), but to completely sell out your status and relationship with the fans and to tell the press a load of bare-faced untruths (ie Kean is a 'great' manager and whatnot) means that Hendry has set himself up for the fall, not anybody else.

Guest Rovers4Good

To be fair i don't even know his official title and a true rovers legend and let's hope he doesn't get conned by Kean like the fans have :(

I don't think Hendry had a queue outside his front door with job offers !!!

If someone comes in and offers you money that only 95% of Rovers' fans can dream of, you would be foolish to turn down !!!

Kean / Jensen / Hendry / Shaw / Agnew / Moulton / Black / and now bloody Dixon of Dock Green. Washed out individuals the lot of em. Pay peanuts get monkeys.

• Moderation Lead

To be fair i don't even know his official title and a true rovers legend and let's hope he doesn't get conned by Kean like the fans have :(

Too late....

Kean / Jensen / Hendry / Shaw / Agnew / Moulton / Black / and now bloody Dixon of Dock Green. Washed out individuals the lot of em. Pay peanuts get monkeys.

He wanted Billy McKinley but he was exspensive.

People who have worked with him speak highly of him. Even if he's not that good he cares about Rovers as a club that much is obvious and who else can truly say that at Rovers these days.

Blackpool's players could not wait to get rid of him.

Anyhow, Hendry's influence is already showing dividends witnessed by how few these non-league teams are putting past us pre-season.

The way he defended Kean to the hilt last season and mis-represented the views of the fans shows his loyalty is to his bank balance- and ergo Steve Kean.

Everybody needs to make a living so perfectly understandable, but lets not pretend this is the return of some prodigal son.

The way he defended Kean to the hilt last season and mis-represented the views of the fans shows his loyalty is to his bank balance- and ergo Steve Kean.

Everybody needs to make a living so perfectly understandable, but lets not pretend this is the return of some prodigal son.

Lets not put words in others mouth.

Love the way everyone here is so absolute about Hendry and yet not one person has spoken to him directly.

Archived