BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Financial boycott

I feel this is the only answer, the only way to get rid of the fools running this club. Not a single penny more in any way until change at the very top is made.

A financial boycott should also include the rovers partners as displayed on the rovers web page.

Someone in authority in respect of the boycott should press these partners to review their relationship with rovers, at prresent.

Any one not with us must be aginst us ?

Looking like season ticket sales will be down some 8-9,000 come the start of next year....simply disastrous.

You cant blame the fans after what these idiots are being allowed to get away with down Ewood,we appear to be heading back to Pre-Walker levels of support..sad times indeed.

The fans ARE the club- these cockends in Pune need to realise/remember that.

Indeed. Players, managers, the media and all the agents and hangers-on need to be reminded too. Without fans professional football is meaningless.

It seems beyond comprehension that even if early bird ST sales are at around the 5,000 mark, given the current impasse, they can get much higher. There has to be an increase in prices going forward to reward those that did renew. The fact that relegation happened and the liklihood that Kean will still be in, or around, charge will kill off anyone else buying. I for one will not renew whilst he is here, and only would if Venkys came out and sacked him and gave us a sustainable vision going forward [unlikely either]. I am not wasting my firm's money sponsoring a player as I have in three of the last four years either. If Venkys have any financial sense they have to rid us first of Kean, and then follow suite. The club is dying in front of their eyes.

It's time to stick together folks. I suggest you have a look at the Newcastle forum (last season) for similar comments about their manager/chairman. This is the making of the club and I'm really looking forward to next season.

Comparing apples and pears - at least Ashley goes to games, speaks to the fans daily and is passionate about football. He appointed a manager with experience, has backed proper player sales. Our lot are the complete opposite.

Fair reply fella, thankyou.

I don;t really care if the owners attend games or not, perhaps it bothers you(btw I want them out) but I'm looking forward to next year our manager signing players that will play for him and enjoying the fans backing after topping the table.

Plus the Euros and tennis doesn't interest me.

It's time to stick together folks. I suggest you have a look at the Newcastle forum (last season) for similar comments about their manager/chairman. This is the making of the club and I'm really looking forward to next season.

Cant believe i find my self replying to this comment but didnt newcastle sack their caretaker manager and replace him with pardew even though they went up as champions?

yet we get relegated and keep him (as things stand) i dont see your logic

Fair reply fella, thankyou.

I don;t really care if the owners attend games or not, perhaps it bothers you(btw I want them out) but I'm looking forward to next year our manager signing players that will play for him and enjoying the fans backing after topping the table.

Plus the Euros and tennis doesn't interest me.

What decent players would play for him and would he recognise it if they did? You look forward to it --make a positive experience of it!

I see you joined 2 days ago! On the wind-up?

Why oh why do people reply to WUM's and give them the attention they crave. He will go away soon if nobody replies to his inane posts.

Why gloat about 5000 ST's being sold, when in all likelihood that figure isn't going to go much higher? That's a terrible number.

while your suggestion that there wasn't going to be any revolt is being proven well wide of the mark.

I agree its terrible.....and would say it was expected given the unhappiness around Ewood last season. My point on 5k is simply around the rumours that are spreading on places like here by the same people. Its predictable, yet it causes mass rumour all over social media sites.

As for your last point - Id love to see where I said that! :blink:

The fact that you can celebrate selling 5-6,000 season tickets says it all really.

No it says one thing.....certain people on here are doing anything they can to create rumours to try and make the situation even worse.

When are you actually going to get it?? Selling only 3k would be good news in that it shows the lack of support and total disdain for the current manager and owners. The more season ticket renewals, the easier it is for Kean to spin it as fans "seeing what wor trying to do", and the easier it is for him to cling on to his job.

The less renewals the better!

When are YOU going to get it?? They CLEARLY do not care about ST renewals - if they did Kean would have already gone.

You would expect a drop of at least 4k based on our last relegation (When we had Jacks Millions) - so that means in reality there work is damaging sales by about 6.5k if sales are at just 5k so far.....so whats that in money terms? Its less than a £1m a year.

They clearly dont care about that £1m

It's really the sort of business case a 10 year old could understand. Still that rules out the chicken overlords.

What's Kean on? Say £750k pa

How many STs would be sold if he was banished? Say another 7k. At £200 a pop that's £1.4 million.

Forget about merchandise and matchday sales.

Hire a decent manager and you can afford £750k + £1.4 million straight away.

Pie in the sky I know.

I think Hughesy is right with them not being bothered about season tickets - for one thing they're not even on sale at the minute!

Shows that no one is exactly working round the clock to get the prices sorted. How many other clubs don't have prices agreed for next season?

Having said that, I don't agree with people renewing (but respect the individual's choice).

When are YOU going to get it?? They CLEARLY do not care about ST renewals - if they did Kean would have already gone.

You would expect a drop of at least 4k based on our last relegation (When we had Jacks Millions) - so that means in reality there work is damaging sales by about 6.5k if sales are at just 5k so far.....so whats that in money terms? Its less than a £1m a year.

They clearly dont care about that £1m

It's not the difference in income that matters, it's the message renewing/not renewing sends and how that can be spun.

If we sold 10k, Kean/Agnew can easily spin that as a direct consequence of relegation.

If we only sold 3k, it would point to something else and give the anti-Kean/Venky's movement clear ammunition, and a clear demonstration to the press that en-masse we are not behind either the manager or owners.

Unfortunately we've got too many who just renewed without too much thought, although it's heartening to hear of people cancelling. The more the merrier for me.

Who cares whether it hits their pocket or not?

Non-renewing should be a matter of principle first and foremost.

Exactly. Too many blind faithers who will PAY someone who constantly takes the pee out of them. Astonishing!!!!

Hmm. Kean and Aggers sat outside a pub laughing away, apparently.

Two new posters, at least one Scottish, join the board winding up the regulars.

Interesting coincidence.

I think a large drop in ticket sales will hurt Venkys, Kean and Agnew. I have two reasons for this thought:

1. Without the Sky money, ticket and merchandize sales become a bigger piece of the club's financial pie. With 42 million in Sky money, a few million in ticket sales could be ignored. Now with 14 million in Sky money, and dropping each year, a few million is fan based sales become almost critical.

2. Further public relations nightmares. Venkys reign so far has been a disaster. If ticket sales significantly drop, essentially fans voting with their feet, then Kean cannot spin the 1% claim and Venkys will suffer continued embarrasment.

Currently, I suspect Venkys and Kean and Agnew are not concerned as it is still early days. If they've sold 4,000 to 6,000 tickets, they can delude themselves that another 5,000 to 6,000 will be bought over the next few months and the small difference is a natural result of the fair weather fan jumping ship. If it is a large difference, it is much harder to hide especially as to those journos which are waking up and putting 2 and 2 together.

So I think (or hope) a large drop in sales will change behavior or, alternatively, will motivate a sale.

You have to do better than that Paul.

Ha ha.....everyone wanted it to be 3000 or less, they were proven wrong and its 5-6000 as I suggested when the deadline ended.

So all of a sudden Cryer knows the actual figure. Well I suppose it depends on who has told him. Based on yesterday's article I guess it will be that well known bearer of the truth Agnew.

Whatever the true figure if Kean stays and Agnew is promoted then I guess that figure will not increase by much. Plus we have about 5000 supporters who pay per match, we do not know how many of these will continue to support the club.

So I guess the club are looking at maximum home gates of around 8000 to 9000 when unfashionable teams visit.

Archived