BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Leon Best

get over yakubu, he wouldnt have scored that many again , i know strikers really should be judged by how well they do there job(score goals) but everything else about his game was crap...the top strikers can do alot more by setting goals up for people and just generally being skillfull or having atrick or 2 ..the yak aint all that really ..you would think we have just lost shearer all over again.

• Replies 766
  • Created
  • Last Reply

get over yakubu, he wouldnt have scored that many again , i know strikers really should be judged by how well they do there job(score goals) but everything else about his game was crap...the top strikers can do alot more by setting goals up for people and just generally being skillfull or having atrick or 2 ..the yak aint all that really ..you would think we have just lost shearer all over again.

18 goals for a team that was as poor as us last season is awesome, without his contribution we woulda been screwed by February (I'm sure many think we were). RSC, Diouf, Modeste, Di Santo etc. all worked their tits off but none of them could score and you cannot win games if you don't score.

We could do with another striker to play with Best, who would be a realistic choice? Has Klasnic been picked up yet?

Found somthing we agree on fella,

ive always liked Klasnic scores a lot even though for whatever reaseon he rarely got picked in starting 11 and think he is perfect for the championship.

Found somthing we agree on fella,

ive always liked Klasnic scores a lot even though for whatever reaseon he rarely got picked in starting 11 and think he is perfect for the championship.

I apologise if I may have caused a problem before, I am as frustrated as you and others but I try to be positive as this is my way. I support the players not Kean and the owners. Klasnic would be great, I'm surprised he is still a free transfer.

18 goals for a team that was as poor as us last season is awesome, without his contribution we woulda been screwed by February (I'm sure many think we were). RSC, Diouf, Modeste, Di Santo etc. all worked their tits off but none of them could score and you cannot win games if you don't score.

didnt he also score like 13 goals in halve a season in the championship for portsmouth, hes a natural goalscorer thats what hes paid to do(and its a dying breed), hes not a holding forward or a tricky player, saying that though we still lost a ridiculose amount of games and got relegated, just proves how awful a tactician kean is.

I apologise if I may have caused a problem before, I am as frustrated as you and others but I try to be positive as this is my way. I support the players not Kean and the owners. Klasnic would be great, I'm surprised he is still a free transfer.

No probs mate, im just in a miserable mood this weekend which has been heightened by Kean reapearing all over the sports media spouting the usual rubbish, it is good to see players come in, just cant help feeling its just to prepare for an exodus of players leaving though.

His hold up play was better, or at least equal to, than Roberts imo. And he didn't just easily lay it off, he would make nice passes out to the wing. But he wasn't near as good as creating his own chances as Roberts and I can only remember the 2nd goal at Old Trafford from a throw in that he created himself. There could have been others though that I have forgotten. Oh yea the one against QPR when he turned a couple of defenders. But Roberts would just normally miss the chance he created for himself anyway.

But it's because the Yak is just a natural finisher and was the best at that in our team for quite a while. He wasn't instructed to run into the channels or beyond the defence unless near the area and that is why he can be perceived as not doing much. Another issue was a striker would come on and make runs into the channels but they would not be picked out either eg Rochina and Goodwillie. His goals back it up but I believe he scored with around 35/40% of his shots-on-target compared to Van Persie's and Aguero's ratio of roughly 20%.

He has scored goals everywhere he has been and did so for Leicester in the C'ship and I would bet serious money on him doing it again if he stayed. I would happily take Klasnic as well.

No probs mate, im just in a miserable mood this weekend which has been heightened by Kean reapearing all over the sports media spouting the usual rubbish, it is good to see players come in, just cant help feeling its just to prepare for an exodus of players leaving though.

then why listen to Kean then???

just don't listen or watch everything in what kean says?

His hold up play was better, or at least equal to, than Roberts imo. And he didn't just easily lay it off, he would make nice passes out to the wing. But he wasn't near as good as creating his own chances as Roberts and I can only remember the 2nd goal at Old Trafford from a throw in that he created himself. There could have been others though that I have forgotten. Oh yea the one against QPR when he turned a couple of defenders. But Roberts would just normally miss the chance he created for himself anyway.

But it's because the Yak is just a natural finisher and was the best at that in our team for quite a while. He wasn't instructed to run into the channels or beyond the defence unless near the area and that is why he can be perceived as not doing much. Another issue was a striker would come on and make runs into the channels but they would not be picked out either eg Rochina and Goodwillie. His goals back it up but I believe he scored with around 35/40% of his shots-on-target compared to Van Persie's and Aguero's ratio of roughly 20%.

He has scored goals everywhere he has been and did so for Leicester in the C'ship and I would bet serious money on him doing it again if he stayed. I would happily take Klasnic as well.

Stick rochina up top and he'll score as many and create loads too IMO , if he was that good he wouldnt be playing in china would he? WHY DIDNT A TOP TEAM COME IN FOR HIM ? , fat ,unagile (what was that botched overhead kick abou)t , he is a natural finisher but we need more than that.He didnt run the channels beacause he is lazy and would tire to quick , the manager knew that he had to keep him happy and still breathing !GOD get over him good riddance and goodbye . A scrappy player !! We were absolutley shocking last season and any decent player would look good in a side that performed so poorly,those 18 GOALS HE SCORED were for his own personal tally .BLUE AND WHITE 99!! The way some people are going on you would have thought he just kept us in the premiership.Theres not only one striker out there who can actually do his job and score goals you know..Move on.

Roque was a top player he had everything apart from his general health, the rest like di santo ,modeste lmfao,and diouf which one ? we should have kept EL hadj ,we really missed him when he left

Stick rochina up top and he'll score as many and create loads too IMO , if he was that good he wouldnt be playing in china would he? WHY DIDNT A TOP TEAM COME IN FOR HIM ? , fat ,unagile (what was that botched overhead kick abou)t , he is a natural finisher but we need more than that.He didnt run the channels beacause he is lazy and would tire to quick , the manager knew that he had to keep him happy and still breathing !GOD get over him good riddance and goodbye . A scrappy player !! We were absolutley shocking last season and any decent player would look good in a side that performed so poorly,those 18 GOALS HE SCORED were for his own personal tally .BLUE AND WHITE 99!! The way some people are going on you would have thought he just kept us in the premiership.Theres not only one striker out there who can actually do his job and score goals you know..Move on.

Rochina is a second striker and can't see him playing up top on his own. Although Rochina reminds me a bit of Van Persie who himself started out like that so I dunno......he is playing in China for the money because he is in, I imagine, his early-to-mid 30s by now and wants a final pay day.

The botched overhead that hit the post? Did you not see his left footed strike against Swansea? What about my favourite of his goals, his first one against Arsenal? His delightful chip against Bolton? The one against QPR as well? His 2nd against United when he mugged off Phil Jones?

If he tired too quick that didn't make him lazy, rather old and he can't be expected to run for 90 mins in the lone striker role.......he is not suited to playing up top on his own that's why he left Everton.........how do you know a top team didn't come in for him? If I was Brendan Rodgers I would play him and Suarez up top that would be a potent strike force and a half,

I can't even tell if some of what you say is being serious.....any decent player would look good in our poorly performing side?......our poor side is made up of mostly decent players....barring Pedersen and Dann........if he played well in a team performing poorly, surely he should be given extra credit? is that not the sign of a good player?

Maybe his high-fiving of Kean has masked your judgement? Maybe you just know nothing about football? At the end of the day there was a reason why he got players' and fans' player of the year. Yea cos it's that easy to find a 20 goal a season striker for any team let alone us.

We could do with another striker to play with Best, who would be a realistic choice? Has Klasnic been picked up yet?

goodwillie should be ok with a phisical presence around him in the fizzy pop. if not rochina off best looks ok to me.

Another big issue i have with danny murphy and leon best completely regardles of their ability is that they are have both worked for kean in the past(like most if not all keans domestic signings!), So to choose to work with him again would suggest to me they are on very good terms with him which would just strenghen keans hold on the club even more having key players on his side(which is largely i assume why Steve'Mr.Self Preservation'Kean has targeted them.

Nolan is one of the most experianced and established midfielders in the country and has scored&created loads and been a leader at every club he has played at especially in the championship(and is only around 30 i think).

Murphy hasn't worked with Kean before at all. He signed for Fulham way after Kean had left.

Rochina is a second striker and can't see him playing up top on his own. Although Rochina reminds me a bit of Van Persie who himself started out like that so I dunno......he is playing in China for the money because he is in, I imagine, his early-to-mid 30s by now and wants a final pay day.

The botched overhead that hit the post? Did you not see his left footed strike against Swansea? What about my favourite of his goals, his first one against Arsenal? His delightful chip against Bolton? The one against QPR as well? His 2nd against United when he mugged off Phil Jones?

If he tired too quick that didn't make him lazy, rather old and he can't be expected to run for 90 mins in the lone striker role.......he is not suited to playing up top on his own that's why he left Everton.........how do you know a top team didn't come in for him? If I was Brendan Rodgers I would play him and Suarez up top that would be a potent strike force and a half,

I can't even tell if some of what you say is being serious.....any decent player would look good in our poorly performing side?......our poor side is made up of mostly decent players....barring Pedersen and Dann........if he played well in a team performing poorly, surely he should be given extra credit? is that not the sign of a good player?

Maybe his high-fiving of Kean has masked your judgement? Maybe you just know nothing about football? At the end of the day there was a reason why he got players' and fans' player of the year. Yea cos it's that easy to find a 20 goal a season striker for any team let alone us.

oh my word you really are in love with him arnt you . Get a room with the big lad if you want , you also say I don't know anything about football ?? Hahaha maybe I just appreciate the finer qualities of a proper player , I'm just glad I was there to witness the days of shearer and not have to get excited about fat donkeys and there deluded admirers thinking they are it ... Don't even bother replying yakubu fan cause you really are getting boring maybe you're his agent ,god knows I don't care .. Nanananana

oh my word you really are in love with him arnt you . Get a room with the big lad if you want , you also say I don't know anything about football ?? Hahaha maybe I just appreciate the finer qualities of a proper player , I'm just glad I was there to witness the days of shearer and not have to get excited about fat donkeys and there deluded admirers thinking they are it ... Don't even bother replying yakubu fan cause you really are getting boring maybe you're his agent ,god knows I don't care .. Nanananana

Also forgot to say a pro footy player should be able to run chase bounce up and down bagsy not it for 2 hours non stop , I'm 30 myself and I could easily run the channels and chase after everything and still be bouncing come 90 mins because I look After myself eat right and train 5 days a week , his age is no excuse , he's a fat bloated mess end of .. Goodbye yakubu you will be missed for eternity !!

Archived