BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Leon Best

• Replies 766
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yak got the goals but he was useless come secound half. Was so frustrating to watch, robbo would kick the ball for him to hold up but if it wasn't in a 5yard radias he wouldn't bother chasin it. The amount of times teams pegged us back because e couldn't be assed gettin hold of the ball was ridicules.

Yak got the goals but he was useless come secound half. Was so frustrating to watch, robbo would kick the ball for him to hold up but if it wasn't in a 5yard radias he wouldn't bother chasin it. The amount of times teams pegged us back because e couldn't be assed gettin hold of the ball was ridicules.

To be fair, when he got the ball, who was around him to lay the ball off to? The team's tactics were flawed because playing with one up front needed players running from midfield to support him. We couldn't do that which in turn showed Yaks lack of mobility. Also if he was mobile he would have been at a better club than Rovers.

Would you bang 18 goals in the onion bag though? No. Football's very simple big man, and any pleb could run the channels. Not many can deliver where it really matters though.

Listen batman ( crap name by the way well thought out ) ;), I reckon if that was my sport that I trained 5 days a week in then yes I reckon I would but could the yak do what I do as well as I do ?? Probably not because it takes a lot more fight and heart and determination unlike these fat so called proffesisionals ,I bet you're not fit enough to run 10 mins never mind 90 mins . My fitness is unparalleled ! Bet you're a fat slob aswell , go read your comic books and finish off ya wotsits bat flap

Listen batman ( crap name by the way well thought out ) ;), I reckon if that was my sport that I trained 5 days a week in then yes I reckon I would but could the yak do what I do as well as I do ?? Probably not because it takes a lot more fight and heart and determination unlike these fat so called proffesisionals ,I bet you're not fit enough to run 10 mins never mind 90 mins . My fitness is unparalleled ! Bet you're a fat slob aswell , go read your comic books and finish off ya wotsits bat flap

would I be mistaken if I said you fight in one form or another semi pro/pro?

10 in 42 for Newcastle in the Premiership though and that's not being the main striker.

It is actually 10 in 29 top flight, the first 13 were in the Championship where he wasn't starting all the time and struggled to settle straight away.

I think he will be a good signing for you. Willing grafter, decent on the deck and as long as he's playing regularly will sniff out goals. Get used to the offside flag going up though. :)

Also, somebody mentioned Shola Ameobi being picked ahead of him. That is not strictly true, ever since Best got into the side after Carroll left he has generally been a starter ahead of Shola - particularly last season where Shola was used almost entirely as a substitute.

Shola also hit 10 goals in 11 starts (+7 sub apps) in the Championship! The drop off in quality is fairly big. You also saw how Jason Roberts did for Reading towards the end of last season, players with a physical and/or technical advantage can be very effective in this league. Danny Murphy is on paper an extremely astute signing and should run games in this division.

It really is a bizarre situation we're in. Best and Murphy? I wouldn't have given us a hope of signing either one given our situation. For the Championship they're both really good signings.

Really don't know how to feel about our situation!

Outstanding signings for the championship. I would been pleased last year if we had signed these two players.

Another Premiership quality signing, I'm quite surprised he didn't sign for one of the Prem teams who were after him but I suppose money talks. We might do alright this season with a few more decent signings, hanging on to what we've got and above all else a new manager.

Archived