BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Leon Best

• Replies 766
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Firstly a good Championship level forward, exactly what is needed for the fight ahead. Welcome to Blackburn but just hope he scores a few more goals than his previous record suggests.

We need to stop about the Kean thing, obviously there are better managers out there....but with the players he is now being given if the team gets out to a ###### start he will be sacked.

Best and Murphy are decent signings hopefull we can get nuno out here and a couple more quality midfielders who are younger/in their prime....

How can anyone who cares passionately about Blackburn Rovers stop the "Kean thing" the man has been inept at managing a football club and continues to keep thousands of supporters away. For £3million those above could have decided to remove the biggest handicap to success next season, but instead choose to entrust him with that money. We go into the season expecting more protests and disruption, no players on the field can overcome that while the manager remains.

i forgive kean for all he has done to us as we have now signed some average players, i appologise mr kean for protesting against you last season and i promise to be a good boy from now on and support you no matter what lower division you eventually take us to, every rovers fan should now get behind kean as he is a good man as we have signed a 35 year old hasbeen and a 36 years old over-the-hill striker, i am so excited about this coming season that i wet my pants last night whilst i was lying in bed thinking about it.

Simply the Best.... Nah, just messin.......

Geordies I know recon he's Div 2 at best so maybe the gobshyte is planning ahead already.

I almost feel sorry for whoever we sign as they will have to endure the tactical genius that is the Cumbernauld Cruyff.

i forgive kean for all he has done to us as we have now signed some average players, i appologise mr kean for protesting against you last season and i promise to be a good boy from now on and support you no matter what lower division you eventually take us to, every rovers fan should now get behind kean as he is a good man as we have signed a 35 year old hasbeen and a 36 years old over-the-hill striker, i am so excited about this coming season that i wet my pants last night whilst i was lying in bed thinking about it.

Careful. I dont think the Raos get sarcasm.

Kean out!

I've seen you make this kind of post before, with regards to Danny Murph. You do realise that not a single person has said any of that, right? And that saying that signing Murphy is a good signing doesn't have to mean anything other than that someone thinks Murphy is a good signing. It doesn't suddenly mean that Kean can motivate his players or organize a defense. It doesn't mean that someone's view on the owners has changed. I know you think you're being funny, or delivering some biting sarcasm, but you're really, really not.

not claiming i'm as passionate as you lot that live and bleed blackburn down there...just a simple fan in the US of A but....unfortunately the Kean thing isn't going to sort itself out no matter what anyone says until he goes out and either completely effs things up (which is quite possible and even probable) or the turns things around and they win

let me ask you guys this as an outsider...i think i know the answer to this at the moment.....but if kean is able to get some more decent signings and brings the team back to the premiership would you still hate the guy and venkys?

obviously venkys had an abysmal start (and thats putting it mildy by reading the venom on this site at them) but let's say they continue to make decent signings and turn things around..what then?

long way to go i know but i guess i'm hoping for the best (no pun intended)

not claiming i'm as passionate as you lot that live and bleed blackburn down there...just a simple fan in the US of A but....unfortunately the Kean thing isn't going to sort itself out no matter what anyone says until he goes out and either completely effs things up (which is quite possible and even probable) or the turns things around and they win

let me ask you guys this as an outsider...i think i know the answer to this at the moment.....but if kean is able to get some more decent signings and brings the team back to the premiership would you still hate the guy and venkys?

obviously venkys had an abysmal start (and thats putting it mildy by reading the venom on this site at them) but let's say they continue to make decent signings and turn things around..what then?

long way to go i know but i guess i'm hoping for the best (no pun intended)

If the practically impossible were to happen and Kean suddenly learnt how to manage a football team properly and we started winning I personally wouldn't want him sacked. But that is just me and I imagine a whole load of people want him gone regardless. All I care about at the moment is getting back to the Premier League and if Kean looked like he could achieve that I would not bother changing things,

I would still hate the guy on a personal level as that ship sailed a long time ago but I'm not really bothered if I don't like people involved in football personally if they are a success. To be honest, it's all pointless as it just won't happen. It would be like me saying if Francis Jeffers scored 40 goals in a season in a good league would you take him back....it's just really, really not gonna happen.

As for Venky's, a whole lot needs to be done but I'm not against them making a proper go of things.......once again, it's not really gonna happen but if they sacked Kean, appointed a board, signed some good players, gave new and improved contracts to some of our better players, apologised sincerely, sacked Agnew, gave massive severance packages to any staff who had previously been laid off, apologised again, cut all ties with agents, started to communicate properly, listened to fans' wishes and started to properly invest their own money then I would be happy to let them stay.... I'd rather they sold us as with them it's not really a case of "better the devil you know" but there is still the possibility that they could just sell to anyone who could #### us over even worse, which would be hard to do but still achievable, so I would allow them to try and do it properly first.

I can't quite emphasise enough how little chance Kean has though of turning it around. I've seen bad managers before but often that is just them not working at certain clubs for whatever reason.....Kean could manage any team in the world and they would be awful. If he was named Spain's new manager I would bet whatever spare money I had on them not qualifying for the next World Cup.......actually I wouldn't because the Spanish FA would sack him after they lost at home to Macedonia or whoever. If once again, the almost impossible were to happen and he got a new job as a manager at another team, he would last maximum 5 games before getting sacked as long as the ones with the power to sack him knew the slightest thing about football.

I'm also an American supporter of BRFC. And like you, I don't claim to be as passionate about the Rovers as Blackburn natives. For example, I don't get the Burnley feud.

In my personal opinion:

1. Kean has already "completely effed things up"; also known as averaging less than a point per game over 50+ games resulting in relegation.

2. Kean is a pathetic, malicious, foul human being; I will never accept him as a Rovers manager, even if he won the Champions League (note to Venkys- there is a big difference between the Champions League and the Championship).

3. Venkys won't ever be accepted so long as they elect to associate themselves with the Keans and Agnews of the world; they should grow up and learn to work with real professionals.

The thing is, kean and Venkys hould be 2 separate entities. You see, they are supposedly sole owners and able to do what they like with the club within rules. So when Kean is the manager who costs them their premier league status, they should be able to sack him forthwith, regardless of money considerations or whatever. However, they haven't. Any other owners, however clueless they might be, would have done so. Which makes us ask all kinds of questions about him, them and outside influences. Especially when he gets all his firends and allies appointed to what should be positions of power, and Venkys seem incapable of asking for independent advice and acting on it. From being the sympton of Venkys misrule, he has moved himself to centre stage by these appointments and so the Kean out! campaign can't stop. His influence spreads throughout our club like the worst kind of weed. It grows under the ground where you don't notice and pops up when you least expect it and it's progress currently seems unstoppable. So to answer your question, until Venkys sack kean there is no chance that anything else they say or do will make any difference whatsoever. Kean could win whatever he wanted, sign whoever he wanted, have us win the premiership and i for one would never forgive him for what he has done in the last 20 months and what he is continuing to do. There is no chance he'll ever win anything so the chance of my having to forgive him anyway is non existant.

And Steve Moss, I live locally and have done for most of my life, and don't get the Burnley thing either. Friendly rivalry yes. Love beating them yes, but the real dislike, no. Although Burnley is a real dump ......

You really don't get it indianfan (or you do and therefore trolling), he is non negotiable. His antics over the last 18 months have been a disgrace.

THOUSANDS of fans with 30, 40, 50 years of service will not return until he has gone, the club will NEVER unite whilst his tenure continues.

So when Kean is the manager who costs them their premier league status, they should be able to sack him forthwith, regardless of money considerations or whatever. However, they haven't. Any other owners, however clueless they might be, would have done so.

Not quite true that gumboots. Bolton haven't sacked Coyle either.

• Backroom

Not quite true that gumboots. Bolton haven't sacked Coyle either.

Bit of a difference isn't there? Coyle never had the kind of fan hatred Kean has. He's not been demonstrated against like Kean has, and he actually has a proper track record as a manager, something Kean also lacks.

You're right they haven't, difference being he hasn't completely lost the fanbase, hasn't ended up in two relegation scraps in 18 months and has Championship experience. Many examples of clubs sticking with their manager after going down.

Kean is just too toxic and would have been even if we had survived.

They’ve had to pay over the odds in terms of wages for both Murphy and now Best due to the turmoil that’s gone on over the past 18 months, it’s the only way we can attract players.

Kean hasn’t been able to improve any player that he’s brought to the club so far and Best will be no different, so don’t let a couple of signings gloss over the real issues.

I finally caved in today and renewed my season ticket. I still hate the owners guts, and kean can still do one, but what's been going on in the last month or so can only really be described as positive. A new upper management structure (albeit one with Agnew involved), Kean not opening his mouth every two seconds, Danny Murphy - who should give us the experience and leadership we need on the pitch, and now Leon Best, who, at the amount we have got him for, is a freakin steal.

I appreciate that we got Murphy and Best on high wage packages, and therefore are maybe paying over the odds for them in the long term, but actually i think that is a good sign that the owners are finally willing to spend money and be more pro-active, instead of just sitting there doing f' all.

Time will tell I guess, but the signing of Best for me, is enough to make me have a little bit of faith that the club may be slowly getting itself back on the right track.

They’ve had to pay over the odds in terms of wages for both Murphy and now Best due to the turmoil that’s gone on over the past 18 months, it’s the only way we can attract players.

Kean hasn’t been able to improve any player that he’s brought to the club so far and Best will be no different, so don’t let a couple of signings gloss over the real issues.

Exactly,. that's why we are stuck with these types of player.

Murphy - Has been

Nuno- Has been

Best- Never going to be!

Best isn't as good as Jason Roberts according to a Newcastle fan I spoke to yesterday. Very occasional good game but doesn't like hard work and is prone to injury. At least Grella will have someone to talk to in the treatment room.

Best isn't as good as Jason Roberts according to a Newcastle fan I spoke to yesterday. Very occasional good game but doesn't like hard work and is prone to injury. At least Grella will have someone to talk to in the treatment room.

Afraid not, Grella's contract expired the other day so he is no longer a Rover (Thank god)

Archived