BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Leon Best

• Replies 766
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If Best was so bad at Coventry, why did Newcastle bought him? He's only 25 and its the right age and I believe he can score 15 goals easy next season. I also hope Goodwillie get games in the championship as I think he can do really well there.akubu

I've seen Best for Newcastle and to sign him for Championship is really good. We all know Yak wanted to leave when relegation loomed.

So far no outgoings and possibly two incomings. :)

Got to be honest, I think the likes of Murphy and Best are as good as we can expect to get now we're in the championship. They're better than the vast majority of players in this league and I would have been pretty gutted if the likes of Bolton or Wolves had got them first. Can't complain in my opinion.

I agree, tbh though I couldnt care less that Bolton are signing keef Andrews. I would have murphy all day long.

In my opinion £3million for this chap is to much and could have been spent on someone like Darren Ambrose with palace skint. However simple fact is we need strikers and fast and Best has experience in this league and if given a run and some confidence from 'his manager' he could well turn out to be a good buy

Mercerman, why are you so desperate for the best signing not to happen? You exactly the same with murphy? It's a bit weird.

IF some of the wages / fees I've heard being 'negotiated', and I say that losely, are correct then it will be sh1t or bust next season.

Absolutely unbelievable which raises two obvious points, why the feck the penny pinching last season and how the feck will it keep the rest of the squad happy when, for just one example, reportedly, the club is seeking to half Givet's wages to a level where he will be dwarfed by Murphy etc.

IMO, utter nonsense - we run the risk of attracting football mercenaries only as well as committing financial suicide.

IF some of the wages / fees I've heard being 'negotiated', and I say that losely, are correct then it will be sh1t or bust next season.

Absolutely unbelievable which raises two obvious points, why the feck the penny pinching last season and how the feck will it keep the rest of the squad happy when, for just one example, reportedly, the club is seeking to half Givet's wages to a level where he will be dwarfed by Murphy etc.

IMO, utter nonsense - we run the risk of attracting football mercenaries only as well as committing financial suicide.

It's ok this is not gonna happen remember your mate in newcastle said.

Yakubu out, Best in?

Looks like a major downgrade to me.

Well yes. But we have been relegated and Yakubu just finished fourth top scorer in the premiership. Hardly surprising we are downgrading...

Best seems like a decent Championship striker to me. On the whole the signing activity looks good so far.I just hope Venky's are putting their own money in to finance attractive wage packages and we are not mortgaging the club.

Archived