BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Leon Best

• Replies 766
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Best is obviously holding out to see what other offers may be coming in. Newcastle agreeing a fee means he is probably being touted around every club in top 2 leagues for the best personal terms & career chances. Can't blame him for not wanting to drop down a league unless he has to.

• Backroom

When Kean was Coventry Coach manager Best was there, that can either be a good thing or a bad thing from Best's perspective.

I would bet a lot of people have a good impression of him as a coach, I imagine he is one of those that sucked up to everyone and as soon as he got a top job went power mad

Best is obviously holding out to see what other offers may be coming in. Newcastle agreeing a fee means he is probably being touted around every club in top 2 leagues for the best personal terms & career chances. Can't blame him for not wanting to drop down a league unless he has to.

Why obviously?

Thought he was abroad on holiday till thursday?

Leon Best's advisors held talks with Rovers yesterday and talks will continue today. The fact that his advisors are talking to Rovers suggests that player in interested in joining Rovers.

Kamy who is dealing with the transfers?Have you heard anything about out goings yet?

Leon Best's advisors held talks with Rovers yesterday and talks will continue today. The fact that his advisors are talking to Rovers suggests that player in interested in joining Rovers.

And you really think that Rovers are the only club they are talking to !?!?!

Fee agreed or not, that's a bit naive.

And you really think that Rovers are the only club they are talking to !?!?!

Fee agreed or not, that's a bit naive.

They wouldn't be talking with Rovers if the player wasn't interested. Best met Kean last week and asked for "thinking time", I persume he has now told his representatives that he is open to a move to Rovers hence they have met Rovers to discuss personal terms etc.

Some interesting stuff from LT comments:

RobbyRover says...

11:23am Thu 28 Jun 12

I lived in Coventry while Best was there and watched them a fair few times... and he was awful! He's improved at Newcastle but a lot of that has been down to the service he has had from midfield - Jonas, Barton, Tiote, Ben Arfa, Cabaye... Bit better than our midfield will be next season, even with Danny "The Saviour" Murphy! You don't see Best scoring brilliant individual efforts a la Cisse.

Just a reminder of Kean and Best's time at Cov;

- Kean's final season, finished 19th in the Championship with a goal difference of -17 (at the time this was Cov's worst season in 45 years)

- That followed Coleman/Kean first season at Cov where they finished 17th with a -11 goal difference

- The season after Kean left they finished one place higher than the previous season (18th) but had a goal difference of just -4

- Best's final full season at Cov (again with Kean as coach) he scored 4 goals in 35 appearances (ironically Scott Dann scored 4 in 35 for Cov in this same season!)

I know Stevie likes his stats, so I hope he reads and appreciates that research!

This coming from the guy who believes the same sources time and time again despite them ALWAYS being wrong.

Don't mind anyone having a pop at me but at least care to get your facts right.

Don't need to justify myself but think if you look back over recent months, you will see that you are incorrect.

+1 Brucie

I reckon MM doesn't care if they're wrong. He just likes the attention. :tu:

Really ? And what attention is that ?

TBH, have more than enough attention in both my personal and working life thank you !

Right, and what was the service like at Coventry?

Most strikers depend on good service, nothing groundbreaking here.

Can't imagine many goalscorers falling over themselves to join this shambles at the moment so I don't think we can be too choosy.

If we sign best, then we need to give him a chance! Let's not forget the disbelief at the yak signing and how that worked out! I'm hoping... But maybe best will work out the same! Fingers crossed.

Give the lad a go basically. I am expoecting plenty of comings and goings this transfer window, but best at coventry is not the same best that has been at newcastle. he has done well for them and i liked what i saw when i saw him. we could go for ALOT WORSE.

To have Murphy and Best signed at this stage of the window, providing there are oither deals in the offing as well then it is a decent start to this window. He is a strong lad and could do the business for Rovers.

Our midfield isn't that bad either. This season is a chance for Lowe to get to grips with playing in there rather than right back, and I actually have a bit of faith in Peds to do the business at this level.

However, I am talking from the pioint of view that I would be happy with a mid table finish after the last 18 months we have had.

As soon as Mercerman said he wasn't signing I knew there was hope that he probably would ;)

I'm not sure what angle mercerman is going with next his latest appears to be him quoting someone from the LT saying he was crap when he watched him a few times years ago at coventry.

In the past it's been a secretive friend who called him to tell him he def would not be coming to Blackburn i can only assume Best's agents are down here cause he's having a right laugh with them sending them to pointless meetings.

Archived