BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] BRFC Action Group Open Floor Meeting with Shebby Singh

• Replies 923
  • Created
  • Last Reply

and who is to blame for that scenario

Hey I'm not questioning who is to blame but for the record it's clearly Venkys and kean and whoever they have associated with to relegate our club and make us a laughing stock. I'm just saying it sucks that things have come to this. When this is all over and Steve kean is gone, We might still be stuck with Venkys but if they where to ever get a decent manager in then I hope we can all nite again as a group of fans. Depressing to come on here and see bickering going in when we all want the same thing.

The way Sky have worded this article on Shebbys feelings toward MGP makes his comments seem quite reasonable(if a little harsh)- http://www1.skysports.com/football/news/11676/7983551 ,i wasn't there so i don't know exactly what was said or in what context it was said, i don't personally have much time for MGP, although it is unprofessional to talk about any contracted players negatively in public(unless they have stepped way out line) and really Shebby isn't a professional hes an ex footballer&pundit so he is learning as he goes along(just hope he learns fast b4 he gets himself fired!).

• Backroom

The problem with Shebby's comments re: MGP is that a) Pedersen's legs haven't gone, that isn't the issue with MGP and never has been, and b ) calling him a pensioner is more than a little idiotic considering we've just signed 35 year old Danny Murphy and 36 year old Nuno Gomes.

Oh, and he also wiped Pedersen's value out entirely... which is a strange thing to do when the player is on the transfer list.

No Lawyers needed,Teflon will be on the plane to India right now........DO AS I COMMAND MRS,SACK HIM NOW!!

That will be interesting , it is looking like Kean or Shebby ...Paul Hunt didn;t last long when the e mail was made public ....

Find out who really owns BRFC , until that happens Kean will not be leaving ....

Shebby reminds me of Homer Simpson running for Sanitation Commisioner. He gets the job but withn days rubbish starts popping up everywhere. We are yet again a laughing stock. We are lurching from one disgrace to another on an almost daily basis.

On Peds the "legs have gone" comment seems very strange when we have signed Murphy and Gomes. I'm not Peds biggest fan but in one hit we have wiped any transfer value off him.

Truly the most sensible and accurate post I've seen in ages

You can watch the whole MGP segment on Sky Website, along with Glen in his "The Post Mick Jones Lost The Plot Clash" hairdo sagely nodding along at his every syllable like an arse-licking front bencher no need to torture yourself he might have been quoted incorrectly/out of context. He assuredly wasn't

Classic

You can watch the whole MGP segment on Sky Website, along with Glen in his "The Post Mick Jones Lost The Plot Clash" hairdo sagely nodding along at his every syllable like an arse-licking front bencher no need to torture yourself he might have been quoted incorrectly/out of context. He assuredly wasn't

just watched the video, Honestly i totaly agree with what he says about mgp and i like how honest and firey he gets, pedersens a big boy and has been 1 of our highest earners for a long time(rovers have made him a multi-millionaire), but he is past it as a left winger and isnt effective as a centre mid(as Singh says), MGP needs to step up or move on, yes its harsh and unprofesional but he was only giving his honest opinion with his answers(if he had answered the question with BS hed have been absolutely slated).

And yes Glen mullan does need to find a new barber(shocking!) and he is acting like a total butt kisser, but fair play at least he(and his team) are getting things done.

he's not even a club employee so what is he doing commenting on club business?

I'm not an MGP fan but even if you were manager you wouldn't make comment slike that in public.

This whole thing is now even more of a mess than it was before. What if Kean loses his first two, draws the next and then loses the one after? Does he get to keep his job? Singh's made a rod for his own back here, and I think he will leave before Kean.

Our club's being run like an italian brothel.

As far comparing MGP to Murphy!, ones a career long centre mid who has never needed pace as his game is all about picking a pass and keeping possesion(Like Tugay) the other is a Left winger who has admitedly never been fast but still needs to be able to run up and down the wing(when played in the centre he as a limited passing range, cant keep posseion and offers absolutely nothing defensively), all mgp offers is hit and miss setpieces(mostly miss in recent years) and i dont think that warrants a starting place or is high wage.

Wow your hard, get a life muppet, cant ******** stand keyboard warriors

A typical one eye going for the chips and the other coming back with the change comment

OK Meadows! nobody said Murphys as good as Tugay just that he is a similiar type of player who doesnt need pace as he is usually a few steps ahead of people in his head, i dont think he will have the same influence here as he did at Fulham but if he is fit he will still give us that creative class in mid we havnt had since tugay left.

The redefinition of Murphy from jobbing box-to-box workaday Premiership midfielder to Hoddle/Platiniesque orchestrator of games continues to astonish me.

A couple of bullcrap Kean comparisons to Tugay and Pirlo and unglamorous Danny becomes Carlos Valderama in his prime in the minds of Rovers fans numbed by a couple of years of drab mediocrity.

Murphys a 36-year-old journeyman. You'd think no Championship club had ever signed a Premiership veteran before.

It wouldn't astonish you if you'd actually seen him play recently.....what you're doing is just seeing his age and making assumptions based on your ill-informed "logic".

He's not really a journeyman either.....left Liverpool, went to Charlton for a while, briefly went to Spurs and didn't succeed like 75% of Spurs' players then spent about 5/6 seasons at Fulham and was a mainstay in their team.......he's a great player, his range of passing is quality and you'd know this if you'd seen him play recently.....and if you have and yet don't think he's a good player then you know nothing about football.

It might have been funny but its humiliating for anyone who loves the Club. Never in decades of watching Rovers have I seen the Club being run this way. We have never before washed our dirty linen in public.

A Club so bitterly divided at the top can never give its best on the field. We are a laughing stock.

Perfect reaction.

Well done to Glen et al for organising the event but this was always going to be a public suicide by Shabby.

The promise to sack Kean is ridiculously vague and open to interpretation.

I don't see Shabby surviving and I am afraid I definitely don't see Kean being sacked.

just watched the video, Honestly i totaly agree with what he says about mgp and i like how honest and firey he gets, pedersens a big boy and has been 1 of our highest earners for a long time(rovers have made him a multi-millionaire), but he is past it as a left winger and isnt effective as a centre mid(as Singh says), MGP needs to step up or move on, yes its harsh and unprofesional but he was only giving his honest opinion with his answers(if he had answered the question with BS hed have been absolutely slated).

And yes Glen mullan does need to find a new barber(shocking!) and he is acting like a total butt kisser, but fair play at least he(and his team) are getting things done.

Last season we scored 48% of our goals from set pieces, the highest in the league, a total of 27. Only Man U scored more (28).

MGP has never had pace, he has always delivered quality set pieces. It's his all round game that's never been top quality. What has declined over the years is his scoring.

How Shebby can class him as a pensioner in one breath, then mentioned how good Dunny is in the next just baffles me. MGP contributes far more and has done for many many years, Dunny had a purple patch at the start of the 2009 season, but nothing before and little else since his he returned from Brum.

That's before even mentioning Murphy and Gomes.

Archived