BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] jordan rhodes

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

He doesn't have great pace, but he does, at least from the handful of times that I have seen him, appear to have great movement. He showed that yesterday, he makes very intelligent runs and takes up good space. If you put a bit of pace in around him he'll be fine. Two pacey wingers and a partner up front and he will be in his element. When Best is fit we have the squad to do that.

Give me two pacey wingers and a good target man to play off I'd have got a few goals as well ! Being serious so would Paul Gallager and Matt Derbyshire. Nobody plays that way today unfortunately, especially when your midfield is as poor as ours. He's going to have work hard for his goals at Rovers I'm afraid.

Kean not only didn't want Rhodes, he was working to sign other players as some sort of a freelancer and was working behind the scenes to screw up the signing according to stories coming from t'other side of the Pennines. The much maligned Nixon was very accurate except for the score line:

SINGH 1 KEAN 0

If you think Kean is now going to build a team round Rhodes, you have got to be joking.

Did you read Keans interview after we signed Rhodes? Hardly sounded like he didn't want the lad here...

Kean not only didn't want Rhodes, he was working to sign other players as some sort of a freelancer and was working behind the scenes to screw up the signing according to stories coming from t'other side of the Pennines. The much maligned Nixon was very accurate except for the score line:

SINGH 1 KEAN 0

If you think Kean is now going to build a team round Rhodes, you have got to be joking.

Or

Singh's Eye for a Player 0 - Kean's Excuses 1

Kean 'build a team'(of any kind), that is funny, nice 1 Philipl.

hes been manager for 1 and a halve seasons and i still couldnt tell you what Keans 'style is'(IE. allardyce-long, ball stepieces,/Hughes-Pressure,pressure,pressure on the oppo, etc...), the only tactic that can be accredited to Kean is this get ahead then sit back(which works a treat, for the oppo!!!).

Owen Coyle must be on his last chance at Bolton, if he becomes available and there is no attempt to bring him in here then that once and for all says Kean is going nowhere ever until the clubs ownership changes hands. I think the main reason Coyle isn't having success at Bolton is because he has never been able to get them to play his type of football(Bolton have been playing defensive long ball football for so long its just become ingrained into the club), where as blackburn have the right kinds of players to play the kind of football Coyle likes and other than the Allardyce era we have mainly played good strong but attacking football in the last 20 years.

Well I wouldnt, because Philip is 100% correct!!

So you believe that Kean would rather waste the £8m we spent on Rhodes than use him at his best ?

If Kean is to ever get a job in football after Rovers - he has to get us promoted - marginalising his best goal scorer is hardly going to achieve that.

So you believe that Kean would rather waste the £8m we spent on Rhodes than use him at his best ?

If Kean is to ever get a job in football after Rovers - he has to get us promoted - marginalising his best goal scorer is hardly going to achieve that.

great point David!

No to Owen Coyle!!! crap manager. at bolton he has bring in his own players and most of the squad is his players and not SA or GM!

If Adkins got the sack at Southampton I would move for him. He has got his teams promote 4 times in 6 years!!!

Really? Even after he got them relegated last time? Short memories the press..

Not really. Redknapp spent the sum total of £90,000 when he took saints down. Well, i think thats accurate. Thats how much Ricardo Fuller cost because of his dodgy knees. He actually did quite well at Saints despite the relegation. They had a real good go and were ultimately undone by the lack of investment. The rest of his signings were loans.

Anyway, i've literally replied to the first post ive seen in this thread so i'm not even sure what the debate is about. I guess Harry replacing Kean. Laughable really.

Not really. Redknapp spent the sum total of £90,000 when he took saints down. Well, i think thats accurate. Thats how much Ricardo Fuller cost because of his dodgy knees. He actually did quite well at Saints despite the relegation. They had a real good go and were ultimately undone by the lack of investment. The rest of his signings were loans.

Anyway, i've literally replied to the first post ive seen in this thread so i'm not even sure what the debate is about. I guess Harry replacing Kean. Laughable really.

After what he said last season "steve is working miricles with the squad he had got" do not think he has much faith in our playing ability!

Didn't he sell crouch for a few million?

Archived