BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] jordan rhodes

Adkins but if Venkys want a name look nofurther than free agent Bernd Schuster - similar to Laudrup and ex real madrid.

I hear Pep Guardiola is out of work at the moment too.

Back on topic - anyone fancy a sweepstake on when Rhodes will score his first goal / get dropped / get loaned back to Huddersfield?

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I hear Pep Guardiola is out of work at the moment too.

Back on topic - anyone fancy a sweepstake on when Rhodes will score his first goal / get dropped / get loaned back to Huddersfield?

With keany boy in charge it wouldn't surprise me if Rhodes scored in everyone of the next 5 matches, was then dropped Then is sold back to Huddersfield in january for 1 pound.

Any thing that make rovers fans happy or upbeat (including an inform player) is a bad thing in the fat morons eyes. Remember we are the reason the club is in the champ and of course we are the reason the bald fat head was caught drink driving.

Don’t really understand the notion that JR will not score goals, or that his lack of pace will stop hm scoring. Yakubu bagged in the top flight with 45 year old glass like legs and "no supply" from team mates. We showed we have scoring potential against Leeds, where IMO we played some of the best stuff i have seen in years in the first 30 mins. Markus Olsson showed he has found his level, Pedersen played pretty well with inteligent passes, Nuno Gomes was dropping into some very dangerous positions. We lacked balance on Saturday with Formica on the wing (but he did OK), but hopefully SK will go with Kazim on RW herein. Add Martin Ollson to return and all of a sudden pace is appearing throughout the team, and what looks a very attacking team for JR to feed from.

Agree we shouldn’t have thrown points away @ Leeds from a very commanding position, and fitness does look short, but Neil Warnock proves that you dont have to be a particularly good manager to be successful in this league.

The players have been in a losing team for 18 months +, and it will take time for their confidence on the ball to return. It is natural when you have shipped so many goals over this time to defend the lead. It’s at this point that the manager earns his money, in motivating & making knowledgeable tactical changes..... Thus where the problem lies...

SK had no answer for Diouf Switching wings - He should have told Bruno to do the same as Ollson did, and make him run towards his own goal, as he was very poor defensively in the 1st half....

Substitutions were very poor, Formica was doing a descent enough job linking well with Nuno Gomes, and is a forward thinking player. Under NO circumstances should Lowe have been brought on as his replacement, it sends out a negative message to the on field players totally, and within minutes we were pegged back to 2-2. If he brings on Rochina instead at that stage then the impetus is to get the ball forward into him.

Motivation - One thing that Warnock does have! Which SK and is expanding waist line just stands there hands in pockets looking confused.

With a bit of luck we can be a force in this league, but SK's naivety is the only thing that will cost us. The players are there. The Goals are there. Confidence & Tactical awareness aint!

p.s The song "How ###### must you be... were winning away" won’t help that confidence either! Counterproductive !

Good insightful post....I'm also not a fan of that song.....not even in the Prem....in this league especially as we should really be trying to win quite a few away games this year....our players might become a bit demoralised and it could even spur opposition players on.

I'm gonna presume that Kean will be playing Kazim on the right wing from now on......his team selections never fail to baffle me but surely he has to? Then Kazim can get in behind full backs and give Rhodes the service that he needs to thrive.....if Martin O is on the left, then we will have gone to having no pace straight to having frightening pace.

Sounds like Givet and Dann will be back for the next game.....excellent news.

So we want to get out of this division yet our previous history shows that the last two promotions we hired strikers and players who had played at the highest level with leaders in both teams, and now we hire a third division striker who hasnt proved himself at this or the level in which we supposedly seek to be at.

Looks like Kean and his powerful agents are determined to keep us down.

Scotland fans calling for Rhodes.

To the tune of 'here we go'. Sounds good.Decent song for him.

No idea why Scotland continue to play Miller over the likes of Rhodes & McCormack. There's a reason why he's now playing in the MLS

No idea why Scotland continue to play Miller over the likes of Rhodes & McCormack. There's a reason why he's now playing in the MLS

Levein is a stubborn idiot and a clueless manager....Steven Fletcher should be playing before those 2.....playing Kenny Miller hasn't really worked for about 10 years but we still persist.....last time I heard he wasn't even playing well in the MLS.

Was really good today, quick and strong and a great finisher. He should get lots of goals at this level.

Dare I say it, looked like a young Shearer

Have to agree, although got to remember the division we're in.

Not just the goals or his all round play, he seems to have the temperament - looks like nothing will phase him.

Please let him stay fit.

Archived