BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] jordan rhodes

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Backroom

Have always been confident he'd do well here and his first couple of games for us suggest he'll be an excellent capture.

Hopefully those comparing him to Grabbi etc will research their opinions in future before coming out with rubbish.

Delighted for the lad, hopefully the goals yesterday will help take the pressure off and allow him to give of his best.

I've been astounded by the "not worth 8m as he's only a Div 1 player" type comments - many of which from our fans. If you can't get excited by the signing of someone who scored 40 League goals last season - I don't think you have a pulse. And if we wanted the finished article at that sort of standard, what would you have to pay? 30-40m? That said, that's his value to us if he proves the difference that gains us promotion.

I'm actually looking forward to going down and seeing him play on Tuesday night more than any new signing since probably Chris Sutton and Shearer before him.

Go Jordan.

Mate I sat with had a 40/1 bet on a Rhodes hat trick. He could easily have scored the hat trick yesterday. As the type of player he is I bet he's kicking himself over the missed chance when the keeper had gone up for a corner. Had a break and he had an open goal to aim at.

However, like someone else commented, what stood out for me was the warm up. Attacking players were playing one twos and then shooting. Think Rhodes hit the target with every one. For note Gamst hit two separate fans, rows x-z and an unfortunate pigeon! Rochina was also smashing shots in the bottom left corner of the goal.

I was worried about paying £8m for the boy but I'm very very happy we did. Hopefully the first goal pressure will have gone now and we can see him score the goals to take us up.

The thing I like about Rhodes is that he passes the ball into the net - he doesn't thrash at it.

Even in the warm up he has passing the ball into / at the goal.

He already has a good understanding with Nuno Gomes and they look like they enjoy playing together.

It's early days, but it's nice to be excited again.

The thing I like about Rhodes is that he passes the ball into the net - he doesn't thrash at it.

Even in the warm up he has passing the ball into / at the goal.

He already has a good understanding with Nuno Gomes and they look like they enjoy playing together.

It's early days, but it's nice to be excited again.

That's what most of the top goalscorers have had over the years, just hit it with enough power to hit the back of the net, that's all it takes. I go back to the Jimmy Greaves, Gerd Muller era and they were masters at placement. Every second goal Muller scored seemed to go in off the foot of the post but I don't recall him missing many. On the evidence of those two goals yesterday I was very encouraged, as soon has he got the ball he knew exactly what to do. Anybody think Jason Roberts would have scored those two ?

Anyone who had worked with him or played with him thinks he will go on to very BIG things - very talented player, you can just sense sometimes when someone is going to work out well and that is the case here.

Don't tempt fate!

I just hope we haven't signed over a massive sell-on fee to Hudds, or put a low release clause in there. If the £8m wasn't to buy up all those rights we've done something very wrong.

Our defence isn't ######. Gael Givet is the best defender in the league, both Olsson's are good enough at this level as are Dann and Orr.

The coaching and organisation of the defence is appalling. Under a capable coach we'd have one of the best defences in the league.

Our defence isn't ######. Gael Givet is the best defender in the league, both Olsson's are good enough at this level as are Dann and Orr.

The coaching and organisation of the defence is appalling. Under a capable coach we'd have one of the best defences in the league.

Thank you.....people say we haven't replaced Samba and Jones but we conceded all the time under them as well.....we're utterly shambolic at the back, and we wouldn't keep many clean sheets if our back 4 consisted of Lahm, Puyol, Pique and Ashley Cole.

Archived