BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] jordan rhodes

Way to much pressure on the lad Rhodes if he does sign, Venkys are literally betting the clubs future on 1 player by paying 5million+ When there is virtually no money other than the parachute payments coming into the club and with all the clubs most valuable playing assets gone already. I know its stating the obvious but their best bet would have been to use the money to get shut of kean and hire a quality experienced manager to get the very best out of the players we already have at the club.

Also am i right in thinking Rhodes will very much be one of Shebbys Signings, Hasnt Kean already shown how little effort he puts into helping players that he didnt choose and sign himself.

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Way to much pressure on the lad Rhodes if he does sign, Venkys are literally betting the clubs future on 1 player by paying 5million+ When there is virtually no money other than the parachute payments coming into the club and with all the clubs most valuable playing assets gone already. I know its stating the obvious but their best bet would have been to use the money to get shut of kean and hire a quality experienced manager to get the very best out of the players we already have at the club.

Also am i right in thinking Rhodes will very much be one of Shebbys Signings, Hasnt Kean already shown how little effort he puts into helping players that he didnt choose and sign himself.

My view also.

If it is shebbys choice - how can he make kean play him?

Town fan here

(bit more sensible than "Ben"...)

FWIW I strongly doubt that there is anything in this. Jordan Rhodes has been "sold" about 10 times between this window and the January one. It's all just pointless speculation.

Also, haven't you said this about 10 times in this thread already?

"

rovers11

Looks like this one is nearly a done deal. Good signing and fee structured in a sensible way (based on promotion).

"

Lets be honest if it is 8m that is a lot for a championship (3 matches) player. It looks like promotion or bust. Would be cheaper to sack kean and get somebody else in.

Yep, but its not 8million; only goes to that if we get promoted so if we are in that position, then more than likely Jordan will have contributed to the goals to get us there = money well spent.

TBH only time will tell whether the gamble pays off or not, but others may not agree, but I feel he is a gamble worth taking from what I have seen of him, and heard about him. Certainly fills me with more confidence than Kalinic, Grabbi etc that the past regimes have failed with. Lets just hope it pays off :-)

• Backroom

Why do fans only care about money when its negative?

For example if we sold a player for top dollar people would say its insignificant as it will go to the owners yet when we could spend they suddenly care that we are paying over the odds

Wages I can agree with being an issue but not fees as such

For example if we sold a player for top dollar people would say its insignificant as it will go to the owners yet when we could spend they suddenly care that we are paying over the odds

Some people are never happy. The prices of players are always inflated these days, we have to accept that, to buy the best talent we have to spend more...easy. Rhodes is a great talent, there is no doubting that.

Town fan here

(bit more sensible than "Ben"...)

FWIW I strongly doubt that there is anything in this. Jordan Rhodes has been "sold" about 10 times between this window and the January one. It's all just pointless speculation.

Also, haven't you said this about 10 times in this thread already?

"

rovers11

Looks like this one is nearly a done deal. Good signing and fee structured in a sensible way (based on promotion).

"

We'll see but there's a lot of smoke just now and we're only too familiar of being on the receiving end of this kind of transfer.

There was even an admission in your local rag yesterday that he could go.

Maybe Venky's will be unhappy with Kean if they spend all that money and Kean doesn't play him....let's hope they sack him they see Rhodes on the bench and us losing 2-0.....not that I think Kean will ever be sacked but you never know.

5miliion, 8million no diferance its still the last 5/8million(+a few mill in wages remember!) the club can afford to spend as it will swallow up the parachute payments, unless 1 of the venkys is personally financing it out of his(hers,hohohooo) pocket(which i very much doubt).

for me its not a case of whether we are paying over the odds or not, its simply a case of how much of a risk it is to spend the clubs last millions on a single player.

Yep, but its not 8million; only goes to that if we get promoted so if we are in that position, then more than likely Jordan will have contributed to the goals to get us there = money well spent.

TBH only time will tell whether the gamble pays off or not, but others may not agree, but I feel he is a gamble worth taking from what I have seen of him, and heard about him. Certainly fills me with more confidence than Kalinic, Grabbi etc that the past regimes have failed with. Lets just hope it pays off :-)

Promotion is essential this season. But cannot see it happening with Kean. There will be no money in the pot to sack him. Rhodes may well do well. But I have no confidence in it happening with Kean as the manager. He does not know how to get the best out of Rhodes.

We'll see but there's a lot of smoke just now and we're only too familiar of being on the receiving end of this kind of transfer.

There was even an admission in your local rag yesterday that he could go.

Our stance on the issue has never changed, "Jordan will only be old if someone can reach our valuation and it is the right move for him"

The issue is that the our valuation of his is prohibitively high for the level that Jordan is at. Coupled to that, he has already scored 2 goals this season in the league, how much could he be worth if we hold out until January! I realise this is if/but/maybe, but will influence our valuation of him.

And then, of course, we would need to replace him before the window closes...

Promotion is essential this season. But cannot see it happening with Kean. There will be no money in the pot to sack him. Rhodes may well do well. But I have no confidence in it happening with Kean as the manager. He does not know how to get the best out of Rhodes.

Yep, you may well be right Pafell, no one has confidence in Kean; lets hope the boys natural talents shine through regardless of that inept manger we have.

Archived