BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] jordan rhodes

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I very much doubt you'll get 8m straight up for him. Seen on that link to the HTFC forum that fans were discussing Celtic. They won't pay 8m that's for sure. Plus what would be the point its not like they need to make their squad stronger with Rangers not being in the league.

If he's going anywhere he's coming us or a PL outfit.

How can he have agreed personal terms if the fee isn't agreed? Surely we shouldn't be able to offer him anything until htfc give us the go ahead to talk to him? I know it's through his agent but surely it's against the rules?

If sky are coming out with that then I'm sure that a deal won't be far behind

Understand that Hudders have now accepted new Rovers' bid for Rhodes and is subject to them being able to land 2 targets of their own before noon tomorrow.

Glad to see some are now belatedly catching up !

Hudders were desperately trying to keep lid on this due to irons they have in the fire.

My understanding is that deal agreed and only 'not done' (completed) as Hudders yet to land targets.

It was on the news channel that personal terms had been agreed but not a fee. Cryer is saying the same thing.

''

Surprised hudd gave permission for club to talk to the player, before agreeing the fee. Illegal approach?

Glad to see some are now belatedly catching up !

Hudders were desperately trying to keep lid on this due to irons they have in the fire.

My understanding is that deal agreed and only 'not done' (completed) as Hudders yet to land targets.

This makes sense , Huddersfield not wanting to get ripped off with the price on their targets.

So if this is Shebby's signing , how do we think Rhodes will do when Kean plays him at left back?

IMO, all smoke and mirrors - the deal, as flagged, is all but done and will be completed when Hudders sign at least one of their targets and they are very close to doing so.

People read that and stop panicking!

Lets be honest if it is 8m that is a lot for a championship (3 matches) player. It looks like promotion or bust. Would be cheaper to sack kean and get somebody else in.

12 championship matches ;)http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jordan_Rhodes#Career_statistics

I don't think you can argue with 38 goals in his last 42 league games regardless of the league.

We never learn do we.

1. Someone posts a Twitter rumour

2. Several people retweet it.

3. Rumour expands and develops.

4. Posted on here as fact.

5. Journos looking for an easy story pick it up from here.

6. People think it's valid because they have seen it in the press.

How many times do you wanna go through this process?

If he signs it'll probably be for an undisclosed fee. We need Shebby to pull through on this one, we're desperate for some quality upfront.

He might be able to fire the bullets but on the evidence of our first four matches, who the feck have we capable of making them !?!?

LOL, brilliant.

Even if the deal doesn't come on. There is great entertainment reading the Huddersfield board in full meltdown http://downatthemac....ad=72182&page=3

:lol: That's quality! I reckon Shawsie sounds like "Ben". He's having a right old whinge plus we're now his most hated team :goal:

Jimmy Glazzard looks like he's conceded defeat too!

Archived