BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] jordan rhodes

I have a nagging feeling that Rovers don't have anyone professional enough to deal with all the admin surrounding the medical and signing in time for the end of the transfer deadline. Maybe I am just in that kinda frame of mind...

Feckin hell, they've two days !

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Good signing. 8m is a lot of money but if it's Venky's own money then who cares. If it's not then we have a problem.

Wish people would stop saying its 8 million ! its not, but has potential to be, if all the clauses are met. This is based on goals scored, promotion etc, so we will not be signing him for 8 million, but it may rise to somewhere near it, if both player and club perform well.

Who is paying for this ?

I cannot understand all this ...

We were relegated last season , because we sold our better players and have a crap manger ...

We still have the crap manager but spending money we do not have !

A recipe for disaster !

So we can afford £6m to £8m for Rhodes and up to £2m per annum on wages. How come we can't afford £800,000 to sack Kean. Which of those two options would most benefit the club?

Apart from that we all know how Kean plays, one striker up front isolated from the rest of the team. I don't know who Rhodes is or his style of play but unless he is a big strong striker who can hold up the play and bring the (I won't say onrushing) slow moving midfield into play then we have wasted our money.

Oh didn't someone mention that Kean didn't want Rhodes he is a Singh signing. We all know what happens to the players who are not Kean signings.

Before anyone panics on sensational journalism, Rovers are NOT paying £8 Million for Rhodes, Like many players signed in the past and ones in the future at every club, there are so many clauses attached to every deal,

Crikey had Scott Dann hit every close when we signed him, we may aswell of kept Jones, it was that Frightening.

This deal is on the scale its always been around the £6.5 Million mark, Its a good deal for rovers in todays market.

Incidentally Rhodes was never on Steve Kean's list, Pune would never have sanctioned this sort of money for a Kean signing. This is Shebbys signing and shows his intent that rovers must bring the right players in to go up.

All we need now is the clown Kean OUT and a manager capable of settng a team up and we have half a chance,

Its a massive gamble financially and we DO have to go up this season as we can ill afford this to be a spend which cuts our own throat

I was always confident we would get this deal done, and I'm glad it now looks like that will be the case

Reliable sources at Town are saying that he's gone. Sad times.

Still, costing you £40k a week on a 4 year contract and an obscene transfer fee - reported to be up to £9.5m

If he does sign and stays fit until the time that Best comes back, then Rhodes & Best is a very good Championship strike force. But then again we are managed by Steve Kean, he will play one or the other

Huddersfield Town fan in peace.

Got to say I'm surprised this one went through - I genuinely expected him to leave in mid-season for a premier league club. Give Jordan service & he'll score goals - you've got a class player on your hands there. I know ome of you are saying unproven, but you don't score 48 goals in 1 season for club & country if you don't have a little something about you.

Give him service & he'll score. Congratulations on the signing.

I just hope to god we've got somebody special lined up to replace him or we're in for a long, long season.

I think the cost is closer to Nicko's 9.5 million than Glen9Mullan's 6.5 million.

Anything in that range is too much IMO.

Lose at Leeds & Bristol and think Kean will be under the hugest of pressures. Too much now at stake for Venky's, really is sh1t or bust.

A few Rovers fans acting like absolute tits on that Huddersfield forum

Embarrassing

Totally Agree Tom, felt like signing up just to apologise, seen this sort of thing happen at Rovers over the years (luckily mainly before net forums) and it was gutting.

Why is everybody worrying about how much we are paying for Rhodes ?? For god sake this is probably the most exciting signing we have potenally made in the past 4-5 years ! Enjoy the moment !

Jesus im getting sick of the amount of pessimistic people on this board! We could sign Messi and Ronaldo and some of you lot still wouldn't be happy!!

Our squad is starting to look a lot stronger than it has for a couple of years (excluding the defence, that still needs a little work) with robo in goal, Etuhu and Murphy (when he gets back up to speed) in the centre of the park and Rhodes up top we really will have a strong spine to the team again !

why don't some of you stop searching for the negatives and enjoy the positive things that are happening at the club at the moment because there are plenty, we have a young, relatively talent group of player, potenally a new talisman striker !

It's time to get back behind the team and stop picking out the negatives in everything !

Yes Kean is a terrible manager but it's beyound our control, and it's about time people realised that, we are in a much weaker position with a bad manager and a lack of support than we would be with a bad manager and the full support of the fans (which the team is not currently getting)!

• Backroom

Totally Agree Tom, felt like signing up just to apologise, seen this sort of thing happen at Rovers over the years (luckily mainly before net forums) and it was gutting.

Don't worry I did that myself

Why is everybody worrying about how much we are paying for Rhodes ?? For god sake this is probably the most exciting signing we have potenally made in the past 4-5 years ! Enjoy the moment !

Jesus im getting sick of the amount of pessimistic people on this board! We could sign Messi and Ronaldo and some of you lot still wouldn't be happy!!

Our squad is starting to look a lot stronger than it has for a couple of years (excluding the defence, that still needs a little work) with robo in goal, Etuhu and Murphy (when he gets back up to speed) in the centre of the park and Rhodes up top we really will have a strong spine to the team again !

why don't some of you stop searching for the negatives and enjoy the positive things that are happening at the club at the moment because there are plenty, we have a young, relatively talent group of player, potenally a new talisman striker !

It's time to get back behind the team and stop picking out the negatives in everything !

Yes Kean is a terrible manager but it's beyound our control, and it's about time people realised that, we are in a much weaker position with a bad manager and a lack of support than we would be with a bad manager and the full support of the fans (which the team is not currently getting)!

I'm sure Pompey fans said something similar when they were splashing the cash.

Archived