BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] jordan rhodes

The list of shame .....

i cant imagine venkys paying more than 2.5-3mill upfront for anybody regardless of the players quality ...

WRONG

really don't see this happening ...

WRONG

... I honestly dont think we are serious about signing Rhodes - Its just an empty gesture ....

WRONG

....I would be amazed if Rhodes joined us from Huddersfield absolutely amazed ...

BE AMAZED

Saw this coming a mile away, Den.

Youre a realist - as am I.

IMO Rovers have no intention of signing Rhodes or paying anywhere near the asking price.

WRONG

In my opinion, neither Rhodes nor the City lad will join us.....

WRONG

I am Huddersfield. I would bet all my savings that  Jordan Rhodes will be stopping at  Huddersfield. 

WRONG

Said a few days ago, this was a "media" event by Rovers. ...

WRONG

I honestly now don't believe rovers ever truly expected to sign Rhodes, Just another PR stunt ...

WRONG

Nailed on that we will not sign Rhodes either ...

WRONG

... more to follow !

List of shame ... Part2 ...

He's not coming to us now, not a cat in hells chance.

WRONG

Rhodes WILL NOT sign for Rovers, he never was and never will, we were never close to signing him and never really thought we would sign him, because we never had any real intention of offering what we know Huddersfield want, it's just more media rubbish, to appease the fans, get a through more season ticket sales through etc etc etc etc, Saaaaaame olllllllld rubbbbbbbbbish

WwwwwRrrrrrOoooooNnnnnnGggggggg

This will end up being one of those phantom 'active bids' that will end up having no substance to it ....

WRONG

Rhodes won't join Rovers because Hoyle won't sell him to another Championship club, no matter how much money they offer. ...

WRONG

i dont think he will join rovers. simply cos i dont believe we will stump up the cash. ...

.....Rhodes , (he won't be coming to Ewood and never was )

WRONG AGAIN

It's obvious he won't be joining

WRONG

Like we were ever serious anyway. ....

WRONG

i don't think rovers were ever serious about spending big money on rhodes.  

WRONG

I don't think we tried to hard to sign Mr Rhodes ...

I don't think we tried to hard to sign Mr Rhodes ...

that should be 'too hard' ... anyway ... WRONG

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The list of shame .....

WRONG

WRONG

WRONG

BE AMAZED

WRONG

WRONG

WRONG

WRONG

WRONG

WRONG

... more to follow !

WRONG

WRONG

WRONG

WRONG AGAIN

WRONG

WRONG

WRONG

+10000

The list of shame .....

WRONG

WRONG

WRONG

BE AMAZED

WRONG

WRONG

WRONG

WRONG

WRONG

WRONG

... more to follow !

WRONG

WRONG

WRONG

WRONG AGAIN

WRONG

WRONG

WRONG

The list of shame .....

WRONG

WRONG

WRONG

BE AMAZED

WRONG

WRONG

WRONG

WRONG

WRONG

WRONG

... more to follow !

WRONG

WRONG

WRONG

WRONG AGAIN

WRONG

WRONG

WRONG

PMSL

I think it's pretty unfair to be critising Ben for holding out hope. Have you forgotten how it feels to have your star man ripped from your team days before the transfer window ends? 8 million is a ridiculous amount to have parted with and I cannot understand why Rhodes wanted to come to this circus from the calm of Huddersfield. He could have stayed there and kept banging them in and would probably have got a move to a Premiership team at the end of the season. Every player we sign raises the question of why? What have we promised? Why would they want to work with Kean? What planet are they on?

What does it matter who we sign with Kean in charge anyway. Signing Messi would make feck all difference as long as he is there.

2 0 to Shebby. 1 for hopefully making this deal come off, 1 for annoying the hell out of Gamst so that he has a point to prove on the field. Let's hope he gets the hatrick and sees Kean off.

I hope so cos with the way Kean has us playing Rhodes is going to be a very expensive flop. Just how is he supposed to score if we can't get the ball up front and spend 90% of our possesion passing backwards. I just can not get excited as long as the idiot is still here. If this is a Shebby signing you know the vile scot will do all he can to undermine the deal, set up to fail. Let's just sack him and move on.

So it appears that we can now forget all about the zillion posts on how Venky's were definitely going to asset strip the club and we should expect an equal number from the same people on how Venky's are borrowing against errm, our non-existing tv revenues and season ticket sales, to bankrupt the club by Christmas.

I'm sure they see this as a reasonable bet, ie that Rhodes will be saleable for at least as much, and hopefully double if he does the biz, in a rising market due to the latest inflationary tv deal. In other words, what we all wished the Trust had done with that bloke who went to Pompey, Diasummat.

I think it's pretty unfair to be critising Ben for holding out hope. Have you forgotten how it feels to have your star man ripped from your team days before the transfer window ends? 8 million is a ridiculous amount to have parted with and I cannot understand why Rhodes wanted to come to this circus from the calm of Huddersfield. He could have stayed there and kept banging them in and would probably have got a move to a Premiership team at the end of the season. Every player we sign raises the question of why? What have we promised? Why would they want to work with Kean? What planet are they on?

What does it matter who we sign with Kean in charge anyway. Signing Messi would make feck all difference as long as he is there.

In fairness I doubt any of us went on Spurs/City/Chelsea/Whoever forums and said the player in question definitely won't be going to a division rival, he really won't be going, I promise you he isn't going, do you wanna bet that he isn't going, because he isn't going, our chairman has a lot of money, he is a level headed lad and doesn't care about money, did I mention he isn't going.

It's only a bit of light-hearted fun anyway...what's the worst thing that anyone has even said?....Rhodes leaving will have done much more damage to him than anything we could muster.....hahaha.....I harbour no resentment towards any Huddersfield fans and kind of hope they do well as they do have history....not as good as ours obviously but not many teams have..... but he was quite smug and if you're gonna be that confident about something you have absolutely no control over then be prepared to face the consequences.

The reason he's come here now is for the money......who knows what could have happened if he stayed.....he could score 5 goals this season, get relegated and spend the rest of his career in League 1....he could have broken both his legs and missed the next season or 2 recuperating....why not come for about 40 grand a week.....who wouldn't in his shoes....even with Kean/Venky's, players will come, and our players will mostly stay because the money is good.....it's unfortunate but that's how modern football is but at the end of the day, they retire at about 33 so why not earn as much as you can in their relatively short career, to prevent them maybe having to get another one in the future......and what if modern football wasn't like that.....who would we be left with now? Lowe? Marcus Olsson? That's probably it.

I know how modern football works. Modern football is the very reason we find ourselves in this state. I suppose I just do not understand how anybody can get excited about transfers while this mob are the ones who are in charge of the money. It dosn't exactly fill me with confidence that Venkys have somehow found 8 mil and layed it all out on one player. It dosn't fill me with confidence because they are idiots not to be trusted with 10 quid never mind 8 million.

I feel for Huddersfield because they are seeing a player they have brought through, turn around and head to a team that is in absolute crisis and is in the same ###### division as them. Yeah he might break his leg at Town or get relegated with them, but he might break his leg on his debut and go down with us. We have just been beaten easily by MK Dons, they aren't even a real football team.

He might turn out to be a good signing, but for 8 mil you can't deny he's a big gamble and big gambles are exactly what we don't need right now. So forgive me if I don't immidiately point and laugh at a Huddersfield fan for daring to suggest Rhodes whould be better off with them and holding out hope that the lad might see sense, because at the present time we are a shambles on and off the pitch. Why anybody would join Venkys, even for more money is an absolute mystery to me.

Maybe Shebby has assured him that Doughnut won't be there much longer.

It's doesn't matter who we sign, with Kean at the helm we will not get promoted. Would have been much better off keeping the current squad and throwing stupid money at a proper, competent manager.

Good luck to Rhodes but under Kean's "system" (assuming he has one because from what I've seen so far this season I'm not sure) and team selections he won't get any service or support.

The list of shame .....

WRONG

WRONG

WRONG

BE AMAZED

WRONG

WRONG

WRONG

WRONG

WRONG

WRONG

... more to follow !

WRONG

WRONG

WRONG

WRONG AGAIN

WRONG

WRONG

WRONG

Got to admit, the one you put after my quote - wwwwwrrrrrrrooooonnnnggggg did make me laugh and yes fair play I was wrong and I'm glad I was.

When were we due the rest of the jones money? Maybe that's where this has come from.

Asked earlier if this was a championship record fee. Someone mentioned Walcott to arsenal. I'm pretty sure arsenal weren't in the championship. I'm aware that clubs have gone from the champ to prem for more. Wolves have just sold 2 for more than £8m. I was referring to a championship club buying a player. Surely this is a record in these circumstances.

Fiorentina say a move for Manchester United striker Dimitar Berbatov has collapsed because of "reckless and arrogant actions of other clubs".

The Italians claim they had agreed a deal with United and already paid the first installment of his transfer fee.

If our deal goes this way at this stage I think i'd cry, ha ha!

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/19418472

When were we due the rest of the jones money? Maybe that's where this has come from.

Asked earlier if this was a championship record fee. Someone mentioned Walcott to arsenal. I'm pretty sure arsenal weren't in the championship. I'm aware that clubs have gone from the champ to prem for more. Wolves have just sold 2 for more than £8m. I was referring to a championship club buying a player. Surely this is a record in these circumstances.

Think it was St Leger for £5 Million to Boro

For the life in me I don't understand why this would be a Shebby signing. If that is true then Shebby must have some influence in team and tactics selection.

In my opinion we have paid way over the odds for what is a relatively unproven player. If we signed another Portugueser who had a great goal scoring record in the Portugeuse third division (a bit like Grabbi had in the Italian lower leagues) then there would be howls of derision. For some reason because he has signed from and English club a lot of fans accept it far more readily.

When Best is fit whoever picks the team is going to have a real job fitting all these players into a conventional system.

The list of shame....

WRONG

Etc

You missed out the Lancs Telegraph and indeed Blackburn Rovers Sparky. They were wrong as well, the Telegraph reported on at least two occasions, the most recent last weekend, that the deal was dead and Rovers were looking elsewhere. I expect Andy Cryer obtained that info from BRFC.

This Rhodes deal is insane. Guaranteed £8 million, albeit in installments. They aren't getting £8 million upfront. Plus there are performance related add on's (promotion etc). The player will pick up circa £35k a week wages plus performance related bonuses. This is huge backing for Shebby by the owners. My senior contact in Pune also telling me that they are spending this money because they want promotion and that they will NOT continue to back Kean if he doesn't deliver results. He now has no excuses. Rovers will also look to bring in two further players before the deadline.

In terms of the long term of course it is right to be concerned because Rovers now have a huge amount of financial commitments which they must continue to meet even if we are not promoted. If we don't go up then our income next season will be broadly similar to this season because the parachute payment is the same next season. Plus we also have to remember that Venky's have a lending facility with state bank of India which is NOT secured against Rovers assets, so while we do have financial commitments we are not in a pompey type situation where there debt was tied to Pompey assets. It still doesn't release us from financial commitments but it is not yet a Pompey type situation.

Archived