BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] jordan rhodes

To all Huddersfield supporters:

What type of system / formation have you been playing and can Rhodes play alone up front ?

Operates best in a 442. Seems very good in a 433/451, but gets less of the ball and seems quieter. He also played in a 433/451 for Scotland. Either formation he scores goals. Just seems more involved in the 442.

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

But the case is Ralf. Venkys have spent money and they look ready to get us into the Premiership. If not they wouldnt spend this much money. In my head this means that Kean is on a very thin line.

Lets hope Keans time runs out rather quick and going off how we have played so far this season I expect it to be as we have been shocking in all of our games so far

You HTFC fans are feeling exactly how we Rovers fans were feeliong when we al saw Shearer sitting on the plane to the far east when he left us for Newcastle. Its a huge fee and lay out and one that is giving a lot of debate.

Hope you lot get your rewards with a decent replacement, there is no gloating Ben, fair play to you for your views and your offer of a bet.

Best wishes Terrier fans.

I'm really surprised that they are willing to sell him, especially to us after the way Kean has gone about it. He scored a lot of goals in League 1 and hopefully he can do that for us too. But as someone else rightly stated, we had Yakubu last season and it made no difference with the way we played under Kean.

Good lord.

Figures going around now are £8 million upfront and an extra £1.5 million if you get promoted. Off the not very reliable nixon so will not bet my house (again) on it. Still though a possible £9.5 million is way over the odds. Huge money is that.

I thought you "didn't need the money"?

This is a real concern to me....Pompey all over again. If we don't go up, and we won't with @#/? in charge, it may well cripple the club. Big money..big wages on long term agreements.....average players who other clubs won't pay anything like thesewages if we needed toclear out.

We've seen this before.

He can play on his own up front, but often works better with a bigger/faster man alongside to pull defenders around and create space for him.

His big weakness is that if you cut the supply to him, he will contribute absolutely nothing to the game.

Why are we going after him then?

• Backroom

I love that terriers fans now make out like they have won in the deal, getting a wedge of money means nothing to fans of clubs as we well know

Damage limitation and self preservation I suppose

I believe so.

I think we might see this:

Rhodes

Best - One in million OMS we can play - Kazim

Murphy - Etuhu

I hope we'll be lining up like this:

....................... Robinson

Ribeiro .... Dann ...... Givet ... Mn Olsson

................ Murphy .... Etuhu

... Kazim .......... Gomes ...... Ms Olsson

........................ Rhodes

Quite a few players can play in Gomes' position, depending on the opposition. For example, Leeds away I probably wouldn't start him there.

You seem very confident of that Booth and I'm not saying you're wrong, but all the indications are its "Sh1t or bust" this season, thats very worrying indeed.

It's according to Kamy who is a trustworthy source of info. From what he said it sounds like it's more ###### or bust over this season and next. I think that the credit facility secured against Venky's not Rovers is confirmed elsewhere.

My main optimism comes from that Kean can't possibly carry on if he loses too many points when they are investing this amount of money. I still believe they are waiting to see how he does week in week out against inferior opposition before paying him off.

is anyone else not underwhelmed by the signing due to the fact that we have someone who cannot manage players? Any other manager running our team I would be over the moon but I half expect Kean to play him alongside Murphy for his debut!!

Surely Kean is under pressure to produce now, so 'no', I think it's great news.

Looking at things with an open mind the owners have stepped up. If they do the right thing and can kean then they should be given a second chance.

I'm not saying everything is forgiven but they deserve a chance to show they are learning.

But its all a waste if kean is our manager. We can't achieve anythign until we have a decent manager in charge who is not a crook.

It's according to Kamy who is a trustworthy source of info. From what he said it sounds like it's more ###### or bust over this season and next. I think that the credit facility secured against Venky's not Rovers is confirmed elsewhere.

My main optimism comes from that Kean can't possibly carry on if he loses too many points when they are investing this amount of money. I still believe they are waiting to see how he does week in week out against inferior opposition before paying him off.

Look at the Rovers' accounts and do the maths.

Credit facility or not, we are on course to lose about £25m this season and the same next season if we don't go up (excluding player dealing). Sooner or later, credit facilities have to be repaid as we know from experience with Barclays.

For all we know, the Indian Bank facility may be caveated with promotion in 2012/13. Now that would put the fox in with the chickens !

So now we've been relegated they're happy to throw as much money as they can at us?! That does not make sense.

It does when you consider how much the lowest placed team in the Premier League will make for this and future seasons.

Look at the Rovers' accounts and do the maths.

Credit facility or not, we are on course to lose about £25m this season and the same next season if we don't go up (excluding player dealing). Sooner or later, credit facilities have to be repaid as we know from experience with Barclays.

For all we know, the Indian Bank facility may be caveated with promotion in 2012/13. Now that would put the fox in with the chickens !

Sh** or bust this season or next means they must go up either this season or next which would mean they would get mega money for promotion and final placing in PL. That's what they're banking on.

Good lord.

Figures going around now are £8 million upfront and an extra £1.5 million if you get promoted. Off the not very reliable nixon so will not bet my house (again) on it. Still though a possible £9.5 million is way over the odds. Huge money is that.

Hahahaha gotta laugh at you Ben...last week he was going nowhere and certainly not to us!! now its 'Huge money'...good lad! obviously your embarrassed after all your long winded pointless rants and now your tryin to save face by talking bout the fee, the way you were carrying on we could have offered 30 mil and ye would of refused!...thought ye didnt need the money? thought ye wouldnt sell to a rival? thought the deal was deal?

Not gloating but your posts were seriously irratating...fact was you were talking crap all along imo

One thing strikes me about the transfer fee being talked about - which I am sure will end up "undisclosed" - I don't think it harms either party for it to be reported on the high side. From Huddersfield perspective it will placate the fans - who think they have got best possible price - from Venky perspective - they are seen to be splashing big money to get promoted (and presumably gain a little of the trust lost with the fans). For Shebby this is a win win - all those fans that doubted him will presumably be rethinking the influence he has with our owners.

Point to note,

Young Tom,

Shame on you closing this thread,(Banter) We always said the deal would happen, glad its finally about to be wrapped up. Been a long chase, but one i'm sure will prove to worth waiting for.

British striker who is used to hustle n bustle and knows where the net is,

Is it really a big fee in todays Market? we was paying £5 Million for a striker 18 years ago. He is 2 from 2 this season in the Championship.

Had we paid peanuts for a striker like Luke Moore people would of been disappointed, had we got someone like Wickham on loan, people would of seen this as a cheap option, especially if someone comes in tomorrow with massive bids for some of our players.

No one has bid for our players yet, but we have took the gamble on this. All players are a gamble but I for one are really excited about this deal, and I usually find something to moan about

Hahahaha gotta laugh at you Ben...last week he was going nowhere and certainly not to us!! now its 'Huge money'...good lad! obviously your embarrassed after all your long winded pointless rants and now your tryin to save face by talking bout the fee, the way you were carrying on we could have offered 30 mil and ye would of refused!...thought ye didnt need the money? thought ye wouldnt sell to a rival? thought the deal was deal?

Not gloating but your posts were seriously irratating...fact was you were talking crap all along imo

At least he has the balls to come back after all those extremely bold statements, most of us wouldn't have.

Surely Kean is under pressure to produce now, so 'no', I think it's great news.

Give him a fortune to spend, thinking that you might sack him is great news? The sensible way* if they weren't sure of Kean would have been to bring in a manager who they knew they had confidence in and give him the cash to spend. Giving it to Kean or Shebby isn't great news to my thinking.

Admittedly, sensible and Venky's has never been used in the same sentence.

At least he has the balls to come back after all those extremely bold statements, most of us wouldn't have.

Not really its a forum where you can hide behind a keyboard...the rubbish coming from his posts was unreal! talking like he was on the board and here we are a reported 8mil later and its all but done...says it all, gambling on him stayin while lookin like he was another 'ITK'...

Anyway happy enough even if 8m is a lil over the odds but time will tell...money well spent if he fires us back to the promose land!

Quote from a work mate made me laugh: "Have you bid £8 million for Jordan Rohdes or £8 million to buy the whole of Huddersfield Town FC?"

Personally I'm very happy with the signing, but need 1 more pacey player out wide. Big big gamble, I'd imagine he's got a non promotion clause on him so that we recapture what we paid.

Archived