SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] jordan rhodes

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Seems down to earth:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Iz2768vecGE&feature=related

Also the manager stating how matter money he wont be for sale.

He wasn't. That interview was from January, we said we wouldn't be listening to offers in January, and have been rewarded as we've since won promotion, which was heavily down to Rhodes' goals, and we've received an inflated price for him on the back of that.

None of us have any idea how good the deal will prove to be for the two sides, but think we'll probably get the better end of it, as he isn't worth £8M+ at this moment in time. I guess it's a good deal for you, if his goals help you get promoted.

I'm disappointed that I won't get to watch him anymore, but as I posted at the start of this saga, it is win-win for us. We either still had Rhodes, or he left on our terms, so alongside the disappointment that he's left, is the excitement that we can use that £8M to consolidate ourselves at this level, and continue building towards a bright future.

Whatever else you might say, Kean has had astonishing backing from the owners this summer.

I thought it would be a case of a mass exodus and the last one out turn out the lights. However to press only the Yak, Petrovic, Bunn, Hoillet and probably Nzonzi have left.

Against which Best, Rhodes, Murphy, Etuhu, Kazim Richards, Gomes the Polish keeper and all the other Portugese lads have been brought in.

No excuse whatsoever for failure this season i.e.promotion via the play offs at worst.

Edit: Rhodes has just been shown by Sky Sports at Brockhall in a red Rovers training T shirt and squad number 22. So presumably it's done.

From a Huddersfield fan on data...

We have lost an absolute gem...no doubt about it.

But yes, £8m is a cracking fee to get for him - though it may have been even more in January when Blackburn are struggling to get into the play-offs...

I'm very surprised that he's picked Blackburn...surely he'd have got a similar package at a Premiership club...if not now, then in January.

I've had my say on that horrible club many a time on here, but again:

- ###### fans

- Half empty stadium (yes so have we but that's not the point)

- Deano vs Venkys...hmm agree with him

- Grayson vs Kean...hmm agree with him

- Their own "fans" pretty much got them relegated with all that crap they gave Kean last year

In summary, JR thanks for everything but this is a terrible move for you lad.

Still think we should feel sorry for Huddersfield Fans?

Read more: http://downatthemac....0#ixzz252047WSA

Haha, how they can slag off any fans or clubs I don't know. If I remember correctly didn't they get Lee Clarke sacked, their manager who took them on a record breaking 43 match unbeaten run and took them twice to the playoffs?

http://www.huddersfi...le.asp?a=273164

Great fans eh?

Whatever else you might say, Kean has had astonishing backing from the owners this summer.

I thought it would be a case of a mass exodus and the last one out turn out the lights. However to press only the Yak, Petrovic, Bunn, Hoillet and probably Nzonzi have left.

Against which Best, Rhodes, Murphy, Etuhu, Kazim Richards, Gomes the Polish keeper and all the other Portugese lads have been brought in.

No excuse whatsoever for failure this season i.e.promotion via the play offs at worst.

Edit: Rhodes has just been shown by Sky Sports at Brockhall in a red Rovers training T shirt and squad number 22. So presumably it's done.

Just shown Jordan at Brockhall on SSN with a ROVERS shirt on and the number 22, well done SHEBBY and welcome Jordan.

Hi,

I'll hold you to that bet, just make a donation to The Alzheimer's Society, cheers

All done details:

Receipt

Payment details Order Reference 18469 Date of Payment 30/08/2012 Time of Payment 14:17 Total Amount Paid £20.00 Payment Method Delta Online Donation Form Reference Number 208373 Amount Paid £20.00

I donated 20 rather than 10 as it was the first option.

Bless the poor little Huddersfield fans. They're clearly not as used to this happening to them as we are, mainly because of their complete lack of any kind of success on the pitch in recent memory.

On the bright side, they won't have to experience it again for a long long time :tu:

They are only jealous and bitter, they would have done the same if another club bought him. Some of their fans may have liked Blackburn before but because we have snatched their best player we are the worst club in the world with the worst fans! Crazy.

Hi,

All done details:

Receipt

Payment details Order Reference 18469 Date of Payment 30/08/2012 Time of Payment 14:17 Total Amount Paid £20.00 Payment Method Delta Online Donation Form Reference Number 208373 Amount Paid £20.00

Fair play to you Ben!

Hi,

All done details:

Receipt

Nice one :tu:

Hi,

All done details:

Receipt

Even after the grief i was giving ye...respect!! fair play!!

Good point. Listening to Talksport the general consensus seems to be that if you give him service he'll score goals all day long but the view on why Premiership Clubs hadn't come in for him was that when he has an off day he doesn't contribute anything at all in terms of his all round play. (McCarthy? :huh: )

I know you don't rate him but I think our best option by far is to have Rochina playing in just behind him rather than have all his service necessarily coming from wide.

We could have scored three or four goals apart from Pedersen's goal after Rochina came on for the last 16 minutes behind Goodwillie on Saturday. The opposition melted off him and although he and Goodwillie messed up a couple of really good chances, Rochina seems to have much more vision and imagination than the rest of the side and usually seems to be able to make things happen.

I'm actually still open minded about Rochina. There are times when he frustrates me, but overall he hasn't played enough games or most importantly a succession of games to form a true opinion on him. I don't think Kean rates him at all and if anyone is going to play behind Rhodes it will always be Dunny or Gomes depending on fitness.

Rovers need more quality from out wide, a Bentley type of player would be ideal as I would take crossing ability over pace for this type of striker. I can see Rhodes and Rovers struggling if we have to rely on set pieces only and creative moves from the middle of the pitch. If you play a narrow game it will be easy to nullify that by packing the midfield and making the striker isolated. As a team you are so much more potent an attacking force if you can attack from multiple areas.

Pedersen on the left, Dunny behind Rhodes and Kazim Richards on the right aint going to be good enough IMO.

I'm actually still open minded about Rochina. There are times when he frustrates me, but overall he hasn't played enough games or most importantly a succession of games to form a true opinion on him. I don't think Kean rates him at all and if anyone is going to play behind Rhodes it will always be Dunny or Gomes depending on fitness.

Maybe everyone still thinking Rochina is deserving of a starting place should read Parson's report from the MK Dons game. A game where he had the opportunity of making a name from himself.

It fits in with the league games when he has started.

Hi,

All done details:

Receipt

You are a gent Ben. Big respect to you for first of all showing up again when you were proven wrong and secondly for honouring this bet with the forum member. Personally I always thought this deal would go through because we've been on the receiving end so many times and once a player wants the move, it often happens. Stick around on the site, you seem a decent lad :tu:

Rovers need more quality from out wide, a Bentley type of player would be ideal as I would take crossing ability over pace for this type of striker. I can see Rhodes and Rovers struggling if we have to rely on set pieces only and creative moves from the middle of the pitch. If you play a narrow game it will be easy to nullify that by packing the midfield and making the striker isolated. As a team you are so much more potent an attacking force if you can attack from multiple areas.

Pedersen on the left, Dunny behind Rhodes and Kazim Richards on the right aint going to be good enough IMO.

I don't think Pedersen plays out wide anymore, Dunn won't be used as more than a substitute in most games imo. If Martin Olsson stays then we have two decent wingers in CKR and Olsson, not great but decent. I've not seen enough of Nunes to judge but he doesn't look like a good crosser of the ball. If/when Best comes back then we have a very good Championship strike force in Best and Rhodes, if he plays them at the same time anyway..

Haha, how they can slag off any fans or clubs I don't know. If I remember correctly didn't they get Lee Clarke sacked, their manager who took them on a record breaking 43 match unbeaten run and took them twice to the playoffs?

http://www.huddersfi...le.asp?a=273164

Great fans eh?

People are honestly still claiming we were harsh in our treatment of Clark?

3 years and massive resources, and he couldn't get us up. It took Grayson 19 games and one loan signing.

Also, we didn't get him sacked. There was never any chanting to get rid of him, or banners or any of that. A few wanted him sacked, the majority understood the decision and backed our chairman, and a few were against the sacking, but have now gone rather quiet.

Alan Nixon@reluctantnicko

Jordan Rhodes getting a FIVE year deal at Blackburn and a 8 plus 1.5m fee? #goldenbollocks

The stakes get higher !

CLUCKING BELLS! So will he be our record signing?

£8m + £1.5m would have bought a proven premiership goalscorer.

Had a chat about this guy with a couple of HT fans I know. They think the Chairman will be laughing all the way to the bank and so will they if they can spend the money on incoming players.

He needs service and will score. Won't make his own goals. (Hoillett would have been a good partner here). Not very quick. Very single minded. (Keano beware!).

However anyone else think this is the mother of all risky signings?

Who is advising and buying at Rovers?

Archived