BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] jordan rhodes

McAteer was OK, still remember his goal at Burnley, turned the season round!!

I did like McAteer, but not a 4.5m player. Remember Kidd allowed Sutton and Sherwood to leave. Sorry Kelbo, wasn't aware you were a Kidd fan. :o

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Absolutely brilliant!!

It really is well worth checking out the burnley match report! "I like cheeseburgers".

Still a class act that website - it's been years since I last looked. Saved to favourites.

Oh Jees, I've just nearly pi$$ed myself laughing. My face is sore from laughing. The more I looked at that kid's face the more I laughed! Must checkj out that site more often!

:lol:

No it didn't, the season was well on track by that time (December).

It wasnt, Burnley were above us at that time!!

I did like McAteer, but not a 4.5m player. Remember Kidd allowed Sutton and Sherwood to leave. Sorry Kelbo, wasn't aware you were a Kidd fan. :o

Wasnt a Kidd fan but a Jansen fan, great player and Macca always gave 100%

As for Sutton and SWherwood, had we any options?

Who allowed Shearer, Duff or Le Saux to leave, you cant judge a manager by that, unless its a definate falling out, as with the numpty we have now!!

Apologies if this has been posted. Kean's been talking his usual crap again. Sky sports news quote(in reference to the players we've signed) "Jordan has seen those players, he's seen what we're trying to do here and he wants to be a part of that."

The plonker just can't help himself can he?!

It wasnt, Burnley were above us at that time!!

Wasnt a Kidd fan but a Jansen fan, great player and Macca always gave 100%

As for Sutton and SWherwood, had we any options?

Who allowed Shearer, Duff or Le Saux to leave, you cant judge a manager by that, unless its a definate falling out, as with the numpty we have now!!

Agree with all that. Just hope Rhodes is a Jansen!

I once stood in the managers office at Ewood with a certain Kenny Dalglish. On the wall was a cartoon saying " eenie meenie minee mo, Kean or Platt, with reference to possible signings.

With me was a young lad called Rhodes.

I never got the surname on my shirt. Great pity.

I would like to get it now.

Problem is we have Kean not Dalglish as manager.

I'm excited & worried probably in the same

degree.

If Kean goes, I'm back to Ewood.

Yep - an absolute tragedy. Bury produced some good uns, Bell, Lindsay. I think Kerr would have gone on to great things.

I saw him play a lot of times for Bury, he was the next Colin Bell for me. I was over the moon when we signed him, 6 months later his career was over. Having said that Alec Lindsay was even better, he was real class. He was coming to Rovers until Liverpool came in, after that went in for Jimmy Kerr. I never understood why Liverpool played Lindsay at left back he was awesome in the centre of the back four.

Yep, good player, came from Bury, got injured and never played again!!!

Yep, good player, came from Bury, got injured and never played again!!!

He was scottish as well.

If he had stayed fit, he would probably have saved us from relegation to the 3rd Division.

No it didn't, the season was well on track by that time (December).

A cold Tuesday night at Barnsley turned our season around. 1 nil down 15 mins left. Jansen on for Egil. He scored then dunn curled 1 in from about 35 yards!

Jansen was still an impact sub, but that was the start of his and rovers' rise.

A cold Tuesday night at Barnsley turned our season around. 1 nil down 15 mins left. Jansen on for Egil. He scored then dunn curled 1 in from about 35 yards!

Jansen was still an impact sub, but that was the start of his and rovers' rise.

Was that when Rippers scored against us? I've never seen anyone look so gutted to score.

I saw him play a lot of times for Bury, he was the next Colin Bell for me. I was over the moon when we signed him, 6 months later his career was over. Having said that Alec Lindsay was even better, he was real class. He was coming to Rovers until Liverpool came in, after that went in for Jimmy Kerr. I never understood why Liverpool played Lindsay at left back he was awesome in the centre of the back four.

Don't think Lindsay quite developed as he should.

Kerr was exceptional and I think it was Eddie Quigley who signed him. Might be wrong here but I think Kerr made his football league debut for Bury at 15 years of age and in a then very physical Championship equivalent, was testament to his potential and ability.

Was that when Rippers scored against us? I've never seen anyone look so gutted to score.

I remember that game. I drove up from London and parked at the top of the hill overlooking the ground and walked down. IIRC the Tykes goal was a free-kick from Rippers... Anyway, imo the turn-around that season was against Fulham. We lost the game but something had clicked with the players and it was visible on the pitch. I made a comment about it at the time and we went on a 6 game winning streak, 8 games unbeaten before losing a bizarre match against Gillingham where I think John Curtis made a balls-up of a back-pass. Still my favourite season following Rovers as I only missed 2 games home and away because of the fuel blockade...

Back on topic, if Rhodes is anything like as good as Matt Jansen was we're already on to a winner even with Kean as manager... Now, what's Souey doing these days?...

a lot of the locals down at the mac are not happy bunnies right now.

WOW!! Whats wrong with these people??? There is about 6 - 7 different threads all dedicated to slagging Blackburn and our Fans!! :blink:

We didnt personally as fans go after rhodes, tbh I dont see anything wrong with the way the club went after Rhodes he was clearly interested all along just we needed to agree a deal both sides were happy with per norm.

Its like us having 6 threads slagging The yak and some chinese club off, or 6 threads dedicated to slaggingg QPR off.

What about Norwiich taking Bunn off us? He put in the best performance out of the 2 keepers last season!!! :wstu:

They're absolutely raging haha......"Judas Rhodes"....in fairness there's a sizeable few who point out he owes them nothing and where would they be without him........they hate us though haha.....November 6th I think I read we play them away....I really really hope we play them off the park....besides Burnley obviously, it's the fixtures I would next love to win this season......then how much of a "backwards step" would it have been.....a few of them were even saying they hope their rivals Leeds beat us on Saturday :blink: ......they really hate Kean as well, I imagine he will get some abuse there, it'll feel like a home game for him.

Archived