BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] jordan rhodes

The huddersfield fans seem to act as if Rhodes has been with them for eternity, like he was born and bred huddersfield. I don't get it. Sure he's been with them a few seasons but the way they act it's like he came through the academy from age 8. Far out did we whine that much when Phil Jones, a local boy who had been with us for years and years, left for united? Sure we did a bit, but we knew it was going to happen and respected his ambition, and also got good money for it too. Similar to huddersfield,

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The huddersfield fans seem to act as if Rhodes has been with them for eternity, like he was born and bred huddersfield. I don't get it. Sure he's been with them a few seasons but the way they act it's like he came through the academy from age 8. Far out did we whine that much when Phil Jones, a local boy who had been with us for years and years, left for united? Sure we did a bit, but we knew it was going to happen and respected his ambition, and also got good money for it too. Similar to huddersfield,

We didnt have 7 different threads about it!!!

We didnt have 7 different threads about it!!!

To be fair to DATM. the way we tend to moderate the site is not not merge threads together. The one of most interest will get replied to most and.become the main thread on that topic. So quite often there will initially be multiple threads on one topic. Its like in a pub with a different conversations about a one topic, each having a slightly different slant but one topic then become the main point of conversation. It gives the forum a more organic and flowing feel.

If you take a look through the threads apart from the odd numpty, most are saying all the best to him but feel its a sidewards step in terms of his career (wait until January and premiership offers?) but 40k a week simply cannot be turned down. You'll not find much swearing or abuse on DATM and quite a lot of humour.

N.B.

Saying that though your not going to be flavour of the month for a while.

Rovers fans haven't been popular for some time.

Don't worry thought anyone who publically backs Kean against the fans gets added to the list.

Sounds like Hudds fans are lashing out at everyone though. A lot of Rovers fans still haven't forgiven Shearer for the manner of his departure. At least Rhodes never came out and said he wasn't leaving...

Rhodes is Shebby Singh's signing yet Shebby has only been in the UK for a matter of weeks during the close season. Prior to arriving in the UK Shebby worked in a promotional role for The Family instigating much of the activity in India. It's unlikely he will have seen much football other than the PL..

Question has to be as Shebby ever watched Rhodes play and on what basis is he paying a rumoured £8m plus 40k / week for the player?

Rhodes is Shebby Singh's signing yet Shebby has only been in the UK for a matter of weeks during the close season. Prior to arriving in the UK Shebby worked in a promotional role for The Family instigating much of the activity in India. It's unlikely he will have seen much football other than the PL..

Question has to be as Shebby ever watched Rhodes play and on what basis is he paying a rumoured £8m plus 40k / week for the player?

Perhaps shebby has talked to the Rovers scouting system who evaluate players on what they can do on the pitch, potential etc, something which kean or whoever seems to have been doing other transfers did not seem to do as these factors where unimportant in "the plan"

Of course he hasn't seen him play.

Shebby heard that he scored a lot of goals in the past couple of seasons, and well thats probably it.

Scouts (Rather than agents) would have put reports in on the lad plus of course he could have watched the international match last week to really bid the right money!!

Any player scoring goals as Rhodes has, would have been on the radar for many clubs and would have been scouted dozens of times!!

... Anyway, imo the turn-around that season was against Fulham. We lost the game but something had clicked with the players and it was visible on the pitch.

Completely off topic but I was interviewed by Sky for that game. I managed to say the word 'important' about 8 times in a 10 second interview :)

Hi,

The view from our chairman. You can see why we hold him in such high esteem. No bull, no spin, just straight up and honest over what has happened over the last few weeks.

--------------------------------

Huddersfield Town Chairman Dean Hoyle today commented on Jordan Rhodes’ departure to Blackburn Rovers:

“I’ve said throughout my reign that every player has his price – including Jordan. Critically that price must be right for the Club; only if it is, and a player then also wants to go, is a deal to be done.

“During January we turned down a bid for Jordan and I asked him to help us attain Championship status. I also personally explained to Jordan that if a club came in with an acceptable offer and if the timing was right in the summer, then I would do the right thing by Jordan and not stand in his way. Being honest, I envisaged if we got to the Championship then the move would be to a Premiership Club as he has always been very settled here.

“Over the last six weeks we’ve turned down a series of escalating bids from Blackburn Rovers. Those deals did not meet our valuation and the terms were not correct for the Club either.

“As the speculation increased over the last few weeks, Jordan made it clear to me that he wanted the opportunity to speak to Blackburn Rovers. I could understand his reasons – even though they are in the same division. I was sympathetic, but my duty is to the Club and those bids were nowhere near good enough, so no deal was done and time has ticked by.

“Faced with the scenario of having a player who had done so much for us, Jordan’s wish to speak to them and now a financial deal on offer for the Club - the biggest in the history of the Club by a huge margin and probably one of the largest outside the top flight - I couldn’t stand in Jordan’s way. As much as I wanted to turn down it because of the timing, the right thing to do for the Club was to accept.

“Jordan is a special talent, but we have obtained a very special deal which will stand us in good stead for years to come.

“A lot of money has been invested in players so it is pleasing to see some benefit now come to fruition. Part of our overall plan for the long term sustainability of the Club is to invest in and recruit good young players, develop them and sell them for a profit. As with other players before Jordan in the ‘New Era’, and I hope many others in the future, this is part and parcel of the game - players eventually move on.

“Selling Jordan clearly brings back memories of the sale of Marcus Stewart – there is no hiding from that. In accepting any offer, my own barometer was simple; could I stand up and be counted and say honestly and truthfully the deal was simply so good it was impossible to turn down. Yesterday an offer was received which passed that test. All elements of our valuation were met in full, unconditionally and guaranteed, with future upsides also.

“Our challenge now is to continue to move the Club forward. Simon (Grayson) and I have talked long and hard about what is required, we believe we can of course continue to maintain our forward progress. Our collective objectives have not changed for this season or beyond.

“When players like Anthony Pilkington departed for the Premiership, we have continued to progress and I am confident we will do the same now.

“Finally, some may question whether moving to another Championship club is the correct career move for Jordan. That is not for any of us to judge; we should just celebrate what he has done for us in his time here. In a short time Jordan has attained legendary status through his goal-scoring exploits at a Club with a rich history and many heroes. I think every last one of our fans will wish him all the best. It is fitting having scored on his debut he also scored on his last game for us. I wish him well - except for when he plays us!”

http://www.htafc.com/news/article/first-....w=full#anchored (our official website is horrendous and very difficult to read)

it tends to back up what I was saying in that we did not want or expect to sell to a divisional rival partly because championship clubs would not be able to afford him ( you proved this wrong) and partly because of the memory of the Marcus Stewart sale. If a club did match the 8 million then Hoyle would not stop Rhodes from leaving. It comes back to the fact that Blackburn were actually willing to match the 8 million price tag.

He is a great lad is Jordan Rhodes and you have got yourself a fine player and a fine young man.

And thats what a proper Chairman does, also a man of his word, I would have played for that chairman as many did for John Williams, indeed, his philosophy is very similar to those of JW, long may he and others of that calibre, remain in football!!

Part of Shebby being here is to win back the fans, it is obvious for anyone to see that on so many levels Rovers need the fans onside. He seems to say what he thinks the fans want to hear - slagging off Pedersen (certain fickle fans used to whine on at him now they treat him as preferred victim no.1) , rightfully threatening Kean's position etc. and he has now obviously pulled off the signing of one of Britains best up and coming talents. I can't help but think that this is still a game of Bilaji vs. Madam D and imagine that it is Bilaji who has signed the cheque on this move. I honestly think that Kean is Madam's lap dog, working on a fraction of the wage Big Sam and Hughes were on but loving the fact that he's got a parking space, office and set of keys at Ewood and the cameras and papers show him. In his mind, he's finally stepped out of the shadows and really made it. I'd imagine that he's probably happy that he can legally top up his relatively low wage through signing on and selling on fees in the same way Holloway has done but now squitting his kex knowing that he doesn't have all of the owners and powers that be onside anymore. With a shaky defence and two tricky games coming up I really think his days are numbered. I also think that the person who has highlighted Jordan Rhodes to Shebby Singh will probably be the next man to take Kean's place.

We all know what needs to be done to get this promotion season really up and going and to bring back thousands of disgruntled fans, so just pull the trigger on the manager Shebby and it will be a guaranteed party time at Ewood.

Its stupid money for an unproven striker, simple as that.

How many players bought under kean have improved? Not 1, in fact most have gone backwards if anything.

Worrying times, but hopefully if we do loose a couple this will speed up Keans exit from the club.

“As the speculation increased over the last few weeks, Jordan made it clear to me that he wanted the opportunity to speak to Blackburn Rovers."

This reads as if Rhodes wanted to speak some time ago, and Town did block any transfer until it was right for them. Nothing wrong with that, but hardly matches the noises coming from The Examiner and other sources that he had no intention of moving to Rovers.

Or maybe he just suddenly changed his mind on Tuesday? I very much doubt it.

“As the speculation increased over the last few weeks, Jordan made it clear to me that he wanted the opportunity to speak to Blackburn Rovers."

This reads as if Rhodes wanted to speak some time ago, and Town did block any transfer until it was right for them. Nothing wrong with that, but hardly matches the noises coming from The Examiner and other sources that he had no intention of moving to Rovers.

Or maybe he just suddenly changed his mind on Tuesday? I very much doubt it.

I agree with you. It seems the offer of 35-40K a week certainly helped to persuade him that it could be a good move ( quite correct if in the same situation I would), The lad never went public with it though, testament to want a good man he is. It seems Nixon was correct with Jordan being interested.

However there was the gentleman's agreement between Hoyle and Rhodes that 8 million ( or very close too) needed to be offered by the buying club if a negotiation were to be opened.

I was suprised that you came in with that sort of cash. Anything less and the was not a chance of a deal being done. I thought your top bid would be at 6.5 Million ( 4.5 upfront and 2 later on dependent) and would never be enough. But you came to the party with 8 million and so the deal was done.

All the best

Ben

I think a lot of disgruntled Huddersfield fans are forgetting that Rovers (apart from two seasons) have been in the top flight for 20 years. Regardless of Kean, we are favourites to go back up in 8 months time and have been signing some decent players over the last couple of months. It is a very big move for a lad who has made his name in the lower leagues and far from perplexing. I think we are in a win win situation because bad results will bring a new manager and the fans back, good results will slowly but surely bring many of the fans back and an increasingly good atmosphere.

What's all the excitement about this chap?

He scored a lot of goals against awful opposition in the lower leagues, but he's not some amazing new young superstar of the future - he's already 22, and most players capable of playing at the top have made it by that age.

Also, it's an utterly insane transfer fee for a club with dwindling assets and crowds of under 14k.

Welcome, Corrado McGrabbi.

Archived